Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Nope. Obama's suit was sharp and fit him well. This would be the equivalent of him wearing a literal clown outfit.

Are you kidding? This would be loving awesome.

e:

Rebel Blob posted:

I've always seen it positively regarded on D&D, and hell, it looked sharp.

And this was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Rebel Blob posted:

I've always seen it positively regarded on D&D, and hell, it looked sharp.

To be fair it's pretty hard for Obama not to look sharp.

He's pretty drat handsome. :3:

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Wark Say posted:

In all honesty, when a person is as fit as Obama looks in this here pic, there are very few things you can wear that make you look bad. 44 was a sharp dresser.

This. If you're tall and skinny you can make a brown paper bag look effortlessly stylish.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Where's the video

Oh I thought like everyone else was singing it

Now I've got this mental image of Trump, Mattis, Kushner, and Tillerson in red/white stripes singing a barbershop quartet of the National Anthem.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Chilichimp posted:

Now I've got this mental image of Trump, Mattis, Kushner, and Tillerson in red/white stripes singing a barbershop quartet of the National Anthem.

Would pay very real money for this.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this is loving embarrassing on both ends

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

misguided rage posted:

This is on the level of complaining about Obama's suit being undignified. There's enough other stuff to be mad about without getting whipped into a frenzy about a non-event.

You're saying that the president should be held to lower standards than any previous. Every wrong he does is worth noting and repeating.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

clockworkjoe posted:

I'm not sure if this is more for the RWM thread, but someone blew up at me today about how it's unfair that Europe has" 40% tariffs for cars and it's wrong that we don't"

I know that would probably trigger a trade war if 45 did implement punitive tariffs, but what is the deal with EU tariffs vs American?

As far as I can tell EU tariffs on cars coming from the US are 10%, not 40%, and that's well below the 15%+ VAT that EU customers have to pay for buying cars inside the EU. The US doesn't have a VAT, so the tariffs are presumably intended to even out the differences. Otherwise the US would enjoy an unfair advantage in the car market.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Drone posted:

Would pay very real money for this.

Lets call him up, see if we can make a deal

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Chilichimp posted:

Lets call him up, see if we can make a deal

gently caress they'd have tweet suits and straw boaters and everything nnnnnggghghhh

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mustached Demon posted:

The red light was a signal to the Soviets to begin.

Any moment now thousands of mammoth tanks will pour across the Mexican border, hundreds of Kirov airships will rain destruction upon our coastal cities, and millions of conscripts will wash over our lands.

Well at least we'll finally lose montanna

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/jimpjorps/status/869270225354620930

Lootboxes.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

lmfao

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

botany posted:

As far as I can tell EU tariffs on cars coming from the US are 10%, not 40%, and that's well below the 15%+ VAT that EU customers have to pay for buying cars inside the EU. The US doesn't have a VAT, so the tariffs are presumably intended to even out the differences. Otherwise the US would enjoy an unfair advantage in the car market.

Wouldn't they just charge VAT on US cars?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Please tell me this is fake.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Maybe Trump finally found the light switch and he's playing with it like a toddler?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

You too can buy our propaganda monthly!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised that Trump being disrespectful wrt fallen soldiers is not a bigger deal, taking into account how gung-ho some republicans can be about the military.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Might be more interested if it was a monthly Bigly Box

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

hanales posted:

Please tell me this is fake.

Fake??? I already got a Roadhog Trump skin and a "no puppet, you're the puppet" voice line!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Wark Say posted:

I'm surprised that Trump being disrespectful wrt fallen soldiers is not a bigger deal, taking into account how gung-ho some republicans can be about the military.

Isn't it clear by now that most of them don't actually have any principles except what is convenient from moment to moment?

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

This can't be real. But how do we even tell anymore?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Wark Say posted:

Pro tip: They're completely insincere about their patriotism.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This cannot be real

Geek crate

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

canepazzo posted:

Lootboxes.

Hell yeah, I can't wait to get a box of rotten Trump Steaks and stagnant Trump Ice bottled water.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

PerniciousKnid posted:

Wouldn't they just charge VAT on US cars?

Hm, that sounds correct actually. I'm not sure then, I guess it's just to strengthen the local car manufacturers?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

-Blackadder- posted:

This. If you're tall and skinny you can make a brown paper bag look effortlessly stylish.

Case in point, Trudeau showing up in Brussels wearing NATO socks, which are a thing I now know exist and desperately want

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/869074858805800960

It's sad just how plausible this is.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

In this and the other video, I've noticed a hip swing that I've only seen in toddlers/young kids. It's something they do when they can't move their top half and are super bored.

Is it any surprise? Trump is always going after things that were popular, but are on the way out.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Look, this is funny and all, but every time an obvious fake like this gets posted in the thread it leads to 10 page long derails.

...it is fake, right?

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

What does "obviously fake" even mean anymore?

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Also, apparently it's from a politico writer

https://twitter.com/michaelkruse/status/869269533953011713

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
McCain is deeply troubled once again, this time about Kushner's russian backchannel.

John McCain posted:

[Regarding Kushner and Russia situation] I don't like it, I just don't.

[speaking about ISIS vs Russia]...it's the Russians who tried to destroy the very fundamental of democracy, and that is to change the outcome of an American election. I've seen no evidence that they succeeded, but they tried.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The only thing making me lean toward "fake" is the idea of Trump giving away merch at, assumedly, a discounted price.

e: god loving drat it really

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

There Bias Two posted:

Isn't it clear by now that most of them don't actually have any principles except what is convenient from moment to moment?
You'd think that, complete lack of principles aside, a little bit of lip service for one of the occasions where it'd be important might be good. Serves what I know.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The only thing making me lean toward "fake" is the idea of Trump giving away merch at, assumedly, a discounted price.

e: god loving drat it really

It's "vintage," so it's probably stuff that's been sitting in a warehouse somewhere, unsold.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Will idubbbz do bad unboxing of his trumpcrate?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Countdown to goons buying Trumpboxes and just getting train schematics

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Countdown to goons buying Trumpboxes and just getting train schematics

Let's see what Senator McCain hypothetically would say to that.

John McCain posted:

I am deeply troubled that these young people didn't get what they expected. In the end though, it's their own responsibility to not buy things like these "Loot Bags" if they don't want to get burned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

It doesn't come up on google so it must be fake.

• Locked thread