Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Heh.

https://twitter.com/labourpress/status/869267199025872897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

A Spherical Sponge posted:

LED lights are bad cause they mess up your melatonin production and thus impact the quality of your sleep and increase your fatigue during the day, but that's more a streetlight/light pollution thing than a housing thing. I remember reading a story where in new york they were using high powered led floodlights in "high risk" (read:disadvantaged) neighbourhoods so they could surveil them better and people had to completely board up their windows because they couldn't sleep with the light pouring in. Also when I was living in university accommodation a few years ago they had led lights on all of the time in the sort of courtyard area and some trees too and you could always hear the birds tweeting like crazy at 2 in the morning because they thought it was daytime.

Really I only care because I really love sodium and incandescent lighting. Feels cosy. if they had filters for led lights that gave them the same light distribution as incandescents then I wouldn't care, though my dad tried to do that once with the led lights he installed in our kitchen and it just gave everything a sickly theatre production yellow sort of look.

Chemicals aren't real dumbass.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

If i remember my Twitter-twats correctly, this one is very anti Corbyn:

https://twitter.com/Mendelpol/status/869283976200032256

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Now it's the 'ticking time bomb' situation. This is politics in this country. This absolute loving shite.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

Chemicals aren't real dumbass.

uhh chemtrails moron

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Really I only care because I really love sodium and incandescent lighting. Feels cosy. if they had filters for led lights that gave them the same light distribution as incandescents then I wouldn't care, though my dad tried to do that once with the led lights he installed in our kitchen and it just gave everything a sickly theatre production yellow sort of look.

they make LED filament lamps now to try and replicate the old incandescent filaments, a lot of coffee bars and other places trying for the stripped-back industrial aesthetic use them.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Not able to watch this nonsense but if Paxman tones it down for May surely people will cotton onto it?

Surely?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Remember that time Paxman got high for the first time in an MRI machine and freaked the gently caress out?

Good times.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He did alright

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Remember that time Paxman got high for the first time in an MRI machine and freaked the gently caress out?

Good times.

You can't say something like this and then not provide a link.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pesmerga posted:

This isn't an interview, it's a shouty idiot yelling 'when did you stop beating your wife' over any attempt to answer the previous question.

the entire UK media: "yes, that's the definition of an interview, right?"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
May is in full red power suit thatcher dress.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The problem with all of Paxman's 'hard' questions was that none of them were new: Corbyn's had all this stuff thrown at him before and wasn't going to be disconcerted by it.

Audience didn't seem to be too keen on Paxman either.

Now lets see how Theresa May does.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Firos posted:

You can't say something like this and then not provide a link.

poo poo, I think I got it mixed up with Dan Snow.

gently caress Paxman and his "rubbery horse face of mock incredulity".

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

serious gaylord posted:

May confirmed for Blood Angels

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I think I found the ultimate "Corbyn did well" tweet:

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/869285654089400320

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Corbyn really really got lucky by going first. His nice reasoned answers got the crowd on side and they didn't like Paxman shouting all over him because of it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pistol_Pete posted:

The problem with all of Paxman's 'hard' questions was that none of them were new: Corbyn's had all this stuff thrown at him before and wasn't going to be disconcerted by it.

Audience didn't seem to be too keen on Paxman either.

Now lets see how Theresa May does.

Yeah, the whole thing seemed more like the tabloids' greatest hits 2015-2017 than anything else.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

May confirmed for Blood Angels

More like World Eaters.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Paxman has generally prided himself on being a tough interviewer even to those on the right; let's see if that holds up.

Edit: May just needs to gently caress up once and that's all that people will remember.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Corbyn really really got lucky by going first. His nice reasoned answers got the crowd on side and they didn't like Paxman shouting all over him because of it.

I think we've deserved a little luck at this point to be honest.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cerebral Bore posted:

The gently caress would an actual small business owner care about corporation tax? Are even a significant amount small businesses in the UK incorporated?
Quite a lot of them are. It's a small investment in time that protects small traders from being personally bankrupt if something happens to the business. The price for that protection is that you have to make some account details public and pay an amount of the total profits (after all expenses and salaries) to the government as tax. Some of that you would be paying as income tax anyway if you were a sole trader.

The two problems with corporation tax are that there isn't any banding, so a small coffee shop pays the same rate as a regional cafe chain, and loopholes, so an international coffee chain pays gently caress all.

Really though, most small businesses would benefit a lot more from an increase in the amount of money that ordinary folks had to buy stuff with than they would a reduction in corporation tax.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Got my pot noodle and i'm ready to see May have a meltdown

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TheRat posted:

I think I found the ultimate "Corbyn did well" tweet:

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/869285654089400320

When he was allowed to speak he did do well though

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

LED lights are bad cause they mess up your melatonin production and thus impact the quality of your sleep and increase your fatigue during the day, but that's more a streetlight/light pollution thing than a housing thing. I remember reading a story where in new york they were using high powered led floodlights in "high risk" (read:disadvantaged) neighbourhoods so they could surveil them better and people had to completely board up their windows because they couldn't sleep with the light pouring in. Also when I was living in university accommodation a few years ago they had led lights on all of the time in the sort of courtyard area and some trees too and you could always hear the birds tweeting like crazy at 2 in the morning because they thought it was daytime.

Lee Filters make some specific gels for LED that take into account their different spectral composition when compared to tungsten. But they're more designed for cold white sources.

But if you're buying "warm white" LED bulbs, especially the filament-esque ones, they should still provide that "cosy" feel. The spectrum is slightly lacking so your red items might not look as red but it's fine for the general feel.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Can anyone link me a good paxo interview? Maybe he was never good?!

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

May is talking a lot about the past here, if she's hoping to ride on the past I don't think that'll go down well.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

May is already panicking

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Mugsbaloney posted:

Can anyone link me a good paxo interview? Maybe he was never good?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyqnu6ywhR4

The peak time that Paxo's gimmick actually worked.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Oh my loving god lol sh'es propping up the desiccated corpse of "living within out means"

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

More like World Eaters.

"KILL! MAIM! BURN!" was found to poll well with the over 65s.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao shes already falling apart on the basic fact checking of her poo poo.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Oh here comes dementia tax.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

dementia tax :getin:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Help Im having a panic-attack

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/869286649376776192

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao her look of abject terror after the copper got the last word.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

It's her Donald Trump hand hold outfit lampooned by Ms Perry at the Brits

https://twitter.com/benkellymusic/status/834508806247833608

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Don't try to explain, reassure!

Dammit May!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Not sure responding to the elderly guy worried about losing his home with 'people are living longer' is wise.

Does she want him to apologise?

• Locked thread