Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Trin Tragula posted:

If anyone accuses Paxo of being soft on May after he just called her a flip-flopping blowhard, you want smacking

Ok yeah that was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Jesus look at her rictus grin and stare she's got going on.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Just finish the interview she's done. Paxman is softballing it and she still can't fight.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Not only is May really bad, she's incredibly boring

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'd love some discussion of actual policy.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Now May's doing worse.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao this is loving hysterical.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
I keep dipping in and out of this - as well as following several live updates.

A lot more mocking laughing than I expected.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He's really not.
He keeps asking her questions as if shes his mother who is suffering from severe dementia.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pesmerga posted:

I'd love some discussion of actual policy.

No, she's built this election on a cult of her personality. Destroy the personality you destroy the populism which is propping her up.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Josef bugman posted:

Except, judging by reactions in this thread, a certain Theresa May.

Holy Balls.

Yeah, but reading the reactions of the people who actually write newspaper columns about this sort of shite & thus have some influence, Kevin Maguire of the MIrror & Owen Jones seem to think she's doing badly but I'm not sure many others do.

serious gaylord posted:

No, she's built this election on a cult of her personality. Destroy the personality you destroy the populism which is propping her up.

I'd actually argue her key to winning is still not being Jeremy Corbyn. Bit rum but there you go.

And to pile on the dampening of this optimistic wave surging through the thread, I'm not sure enough people are watching for this to make a difference even if you are all right about their contrasting successes.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 29, 2017

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
She's gulping. She's visibly gulping like a cartoon character in terror.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

serious gaylord posted:

I really don't understand how she expected that to work since she is literally a lich.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"That was your job...."

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
THe look of abject terror at not knowing which of her 'mistakes' hes going to bring up.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

He keeps asking her questions as if shes his mother who is suffering from severe dementia.

She may well be.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
May might consider a career change into standup after this

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
He's building up to a killer line here.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
David Cameron would have ran either of these two out of the building without pausing for breath

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I didn't even think Corbyn did that well (he pleased me but I wasn't sure about ye olde swing voters), but I don't know how you can like prefer May after this

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tfw the coke-fiend does something good

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaRBHQlEu-o

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hoops posted:

David Cameron would have ran either of these two out of the building without pausing for breath
Nah, remember the debates that he basically demanded for 2010 which then did absolutely gently caress all for him?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

I mean, are we sure she isn't?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Her record as home secretary is a shambles, especially since it directly contradicts her 'strong and stable' presentation. Its 7 years of abject failure.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
*five people clapping perfunctorily*

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Oberleutnant posted:

*five people clapping perfunctorily*

I think it was just the one right now

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

jesus christ we are hosed in Brexit negotiations if she is in the job

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The crowd heckling her with 'answer it' lmao

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
It's always the exact same people clapping

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"I want a good deal. What I dont want, is a bad deal!" Thanks for elaborating, that was very helpful

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah British journalists talking about "lets get a bad deal, that would totally be awesome for us".

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Wish he'd ask her what the implications of no deal would be.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Shotgun...meet foot

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Repeats catchphrase

*people clap*

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Lol I don't think any Remainers are going to be voting Tory after this. It's literally May heading for the window with two fingers stuck up and Corbyn trying to get to the bloody table.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Oh my god don't clap this horse poo poo

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

At the moment I like the fact that hes just got her to repeat an empty talking point about 10 times in the space of two minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
she keeps saying "no deal is better than a bad deal" because its one of the few things that is working as an applause cue

• Locked thread