Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Ularg posted:

I just found this when trying to find dumb Obama "controversies" images.

Democrats inherit republican mess and republicans inherit functional economies. Seems clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Iirc, Obama didn't even actively engage with the marine. A picture was taken and people flipped out.

Saluting a marine while black holding a latte caused people to freak out. Its safe to say that republicans just want something to feed thier anger addiction over, they don't give a gently caress what its actually about.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Same.

I voted for him TWICE.

(I voted Edwards in the 2008 Primary because I'm constantly wrong).

I voted for Hillary in the 2008 primary, voted for Obama in the general.
Of course in 2012 it was Obama all the way.
And then I voted for Sanders in this primary and sucked it up and voted for the lady that had 85% of the policies Sanders had instead of the big dumb idiot who constantly shits on people and still has a chance to end the world as we know it.

gently caress any BernBros that voted for the orange moron, they might not have had a huge impact, but I think anyone that though Trump was closer to Bernie than Hillary was; is braindead or a misogynist.

Da Mott Man fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 29, 2017

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Tengames posted:

Saluting a marine while black holding a latte caused people to freak out. Its safe to say that republicans just want something to feed thier anger addiction over, they don't give a gently caress what its actually about.

You just know that if a similar picture emerged of donald doing the same thing, there talking points would be "He's a busy man, constantly on the go! He doesn't have time to put his coffee down you dumb liberal! How dare you criticize the president! Besides, :smuggo: didn't you guys get mad when WE criticized that ni--I mean Obama for doing the same thing? Shoe's on the other foot now, huh?? And anyways, he's a civilian, you can't hold him to military protocols! Totally different than when we criticized the traitorous Kenyan for a completely different action!"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If Americans are supposed to care about Soldiers any anyone else in the armed service during Memorial Day, maybe they shouldn't be buying steaks, ribs and pork by the $100s to grill like the fat pieces of poo poo they all are.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Da Mott Man posted:

I voted for Hillary in the 2008 primary, voted for Obama in the general.
Of course in 2012 it was Obama all the way.
And then I voted for Sanders in this primary and sucked it up and voted for the lady that had 85% of the policies Sanders had instead of the big dumb idiot who constantly shits on people and still has a chance to end the world as we know it.

gently caress any BernBros that voted for the orange moron, they might not have had a huge impact, but I think anyone that though Trump was closer to Bernie than Hillary was is braindead or a misogynist.

My primary picks since I've been old enough to vote have been Kerry, Edwards, Clinton. I picked the winner of the primary twice, but looking back they weren't the best candidates. Dean probably still would have lost, I'm not sure 2004 was winnable. Sanders would have won in 16. If Edwards had won the Dem Primary in '08 and then the love child story came out... I should just sit out primaries.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Crabtree posted:

If Americans are supposed to care about Soldiers any anyone else in the armed service during Memorial Day, maybe they shouldn't be buying steaks, ribs and pork by the $100s to grill like the fat pieces of poo poo they all are.

Fyi ribs can be pork.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Trabisnikof posted:

Fyi ribs can be pork.

so can steaks

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

why did he think this was a good idea?

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Crabtree posted:

See, the roasted meat we eat today is in remembrance of our shelled, napalmed or otherwise gunpowder cooked soldiers.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

idk, he's the son of cuban expats. kind of the american story really.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

skylined! posted:

idk, he's the son of cuban expats. kind of the american story really.

I mean remembering the fallen with HIMSELF faded in front of a flag with a big goofy grin.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Crabtree posted:

I just stay home, play video games and think about my Grandfather.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

oh, poo poo. Luke Skywalker's not a fan of Trump

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/869290423369453569

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I always get pretty frustrated at Memorial Day and to a lesser extent Veteran's Day, because it's been awhile since American service members have died actually fighting for any sort of freedoms. Like, I'm not going to piss on anyone's grave to be an edgelord or anything, but I also am not going to get all solemn because we sent Johnny Q. GED to go step on land mines in Iraq for a completely bullshit war.

Even Afghanistan is a loving farce. We should have responded by nuking Said Arabia with economic sanctions. Deciding to fight a ground war in Afghanistan was like trying to fight poverty by arresting the homeless, rather than addressing the root causes of poverty. Oh poo poo wait, that's actually an extremely American thing.

Happy Memorial Day everybody!

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Rigel posted:

He did a series of videos ala Billy west recording trump tweets/sound bites under the cadence of Joker. He's not a fan

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

There goes my hero

watch him as he goes

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

NecroBob posted:

This is what I always think of when people cry about that.

http://terminallance.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/2013-05-28-Strip_Memorial_Day_2013_web.gif
Happy Memorial Day

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DrNutt posted:

I always get pretty frustrated at Memorial Day and to a lesser extent Veteran's Day, because it's been awhile since American service members have died actually fighting for any sort of freedoms. Like, I'm not going to piss on anyone's grave to be an edgelord or anything, but I also am not going to get all solemn because we sent Johnny Q. GED to go step on land mines in Iraq for a completely bullshit war.

Even Afghanistan is a loving farce. We should have responded by nuking Said Arabia with economic sanctions. Deciding to fight a ground war in Afghanistan was like trying to fight poverty by arresting the homeless, rather than addressing the root causes of poverty. Oh poo poo wait, that's actually an extremely American thing.

Nuking the largest oil exporter in the world with economic sanctions is like taking your own dick and slamming it into his door because you weren't happy with the salmon mousse he served with supper.

He won't care and your dick is hosed UP

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I know SA tends to be pretty irreligious, but the most infuriating part of Memorial Day weekend for me is always Sunday. I went mass yesterday, the opening hymn was My Country Tis of Thee and the closing hymn was God Bless America. There was a flag in front of the altar. It was loving infuriating. Every semester I have my students read the War Prayer and every Memorial Day weekend I get super angry at how right Twain was.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

DrNutt posted:

Well you can have respect for soldiers while still thinking all those wars are bullshit. Or more accurately, feel sorry for the poor bastards that got suckered into giving up their lives for a complete farce of a cause.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rigel posted:

Joker/Skywalker/Majima gives no fucks.

:iceburn:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

alpha_destroy posted:

I know SA tends to be pretty irreligious, but the most infuriating part of Memorial Day weekend for me is always Sunday. I went mass yesterday, the opening hymn was My Country Tis of Thee and the closing hymn was God Bless America. There was a flag in front of the altar. It was loving infuriating. Every semester I have my students read the War Prayer and every Memorial Day weekend I get super angry at how right Twain was.

I feel weird, after my atheist rebellious phase in High School I'm neither theist or atheist. I just feel like Sunday should just always be a day of rest or worship. So more power to you.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Wark Say posted:

I'm surprised that Trump being disrespectful wrt fallen soldiers is not a bigger deal, taking into account how gung-ho some republicans can be about the military.

Yeah, but this is Trump, the second coming god child to many a conservative. He could drop a deuce on the tomb of the unknown soldiers and they'd all applaud him for how well he showed the guards to be inept at stopping him. Hell, he could take a bulldozer through Arlington and they'd excuse him by claiming the section he went through needed a redesign anyways.
This is really what drives home how hosed politics are with Republicans. They're ready to lynch a democrat because of what mustard he wants on a burger, but are willing to let republicans committing treason slide.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DrNutt posted:

same. i just feel bad for them. i guess korea was the last war we sorta fought for freedoms and maybe the beginnings of afganastan. also yeah nuke Riyadh and start killing Wahhabi clerics and royal family members.

Rigel posted:

cool and good.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

alpha_destroy posted:

The Abrahamic religions are authoritarian as poo poo, so I'm not sure why you're surprised. Birds of a feather and all that.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Internet Kraken posted:

Well you can have respect for soldiers while still thinking all those wars are bullshit. Or more accurately, feel sorry for the poor bastards that got suckered into giving up their lives for a complete farce of a cause.

Oh yeah, obviously, it's just that for 99% of US society, anything honoring servicemen and women gets wrapped up in flag wavey ARE HEROES bullshit. No, not all soldiers are heroes and I'm not comfortable lionizing everyone who chooses to wear a uniform.

Hell and honestly this is the only place I even feel comfortable saying any of this poo poo because if I said this to anyone but my closest friends I'm sure I'd get disowned and ostracized and people would start looking at me like some kind of alien creature.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 29, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

alpha_destroy posted:

lol, practicing catholics, amirite?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ularg posted:

Your_predecessors_policies.jpg

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

It makes me wonder why they did't show Bush numbers. Is it because it would have made Reagan look bad?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Chilichimp posted:

lol, practicing catholics, amirite?

No, I think the point was that if you're singing nationalistic songs/hymns and celebrating war during mass, then maybe you don't "get" Catholicism.

Lots of American Catholics are pretty weird. Look at people like Pence and Santorum -- they failed to understand Jesus' message regarding the poor fairly completely.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

PT6A posted:

No, I think the point was that if you're singing nationalistic songs/hymns and celebrating war during mass, then maybe you don't "get" Catholicism.

Lots of American Catholics are pretty weird. Look at people like Pence and Santorum -- they failed to understand Jesus' message regarding the poor fairly completely.

yeah, I wasn't addressing his post, just the fact that he goes to mass.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/869136084390866946

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/869315814117298176

bowser fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 29, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RuanGacho posted:

I know that he was no drama obama but there was some fire in our intelectually measurable leaders in the past.

At least one of them would have replied that America is not so insecure as to need a flag pin.

There was one I heard about in passing that ran for office back in the 70's. He'd been in WWII and fought in some really hard battles. His opponent was busy slamming him over being weak on defense and the whole time his PR team was imploring him to bring up his war record. His reply? "I did an honorable job in service to my country. I don't believe that is something that should be politicized"

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Ularg posted:

I don't know why they bother with the "technically true but misleading" stuff anymore. Trump proved you can straight up lie. Unemployment rate during Bush and Trump: 0, during Obama and Clinton: 6 billion. Whatcha gonna do about it?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

What's the treatment he's referring to, here? I didn't notice anything specific in the news about the two of them.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

drat.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

where the gently caress you at mitch

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Chilichimp posted:

Because he's an rear end in a top hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Rigel posted:

I'm going over that thread and it's quite astonishing (okay, maybe not) that many Trump supporters are completely unaware of Trump's comments toward McCain.

I know they live in a bubble, but apparently it's thicker than I thought.

• Locked thread