Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Mizuti posted:

Vancouver is home to Canuck, a very friendly crow that drops in and interacts with humans. This video shows Canuck playing in a car. It's pretty cute, but at 0:50, the situation suddenly escalates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJQS-JTwJAw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That petition is super on the nose, it's almost certainly a joke.

fake e: it even criticizes ubisoft as "miscegenators" in the very first sentence. No way it's authentic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Garrand posted:

fake e: it even criticizes ubisoft as "miscegenators" in the very first sentence. No way it's authentic.

You never know with these people.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Garrand posted:

Insincerity? On the internet? :raise:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The Schadenfreude is going to be when I buy the new Farcry game and it still sucks, even though the story is cool.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

chitoryu12 posted:

It lets you choose gender and skin color.

lol they don't have the balls to do anything progressive.

but fair play to ubisoft making the first game where i can shoot white guys.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Mizuti posted:

Vancouver is home to Canuck, a very friendly crow that drops in and interacts with humans. This video shows Canuck playing in a car. It's pretty cute, but at 0:50, the situation suddenly escalates.

Speaking of animals going for smokes

https://twitter.com/ach0/status/868848761954586624

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Strudel Man posted:

Hell, they have a very serious petition to cancel it already!

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-cancel-far-cry-5

Looks like someone's safe space is under attack!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Garrand posted:

It's really hard to tell with quotes like

quote:

There’s no reason a protectonist nationalist movement would all be one race?

which are the exact inverse of the usual garbage. I am however 100% sure that there's people out there sincerely thinking this and I hope every company continues to "ruin" all games for them forever.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, Poe's Law is getting me good with that petition, and unless Anita Sarkeesian or Jim Sterling or whoever comes out and says they were making a joke, I'm going to think it's sincere.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ding ding ding ding!
I cannot wait for it to come out, the wailing and gnashing of assholes will be amazing.

:same:

I haven't bought or played an Ubisoft game since Far Cry 2 but I'll probably buy #5 after it comes out (if it doesn't suck).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DancingShade posted:

I haven't bought or played an Ubisoft game since Far Cry 2 but I'll probably buy #5 after it comes out (if it doesn't suck).

You've missed out on some good games my friend

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DancingShade posted:

I played Blood Dragon not too long ago because they gave it away for free on the Ubisoft store. It was pretty meh. I also might have to get Far Cry 5 assuming it's decent and pisses of enough of the right people.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently people fall out of ski lifts so often that they now have youtube compilation videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHtP4bNu9MI

Most ski lifts don't have anything holding you there but gravity and friction, so dummies who are used to always having seat belts don't take it seriously and fall all the time. Its not hard to just sit there but you know, people.

chitoryu12 posted:

In an ubisoft game?!

oldpainless posted:

And some lovely ones too.

3 - pretty good

blood dragon - amazing

4 - exactly like 3

Primal - literally the same map from 4

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Blood Dragon is the same map as 3 isn't it? Primal is basically an expansion game that they have the gall to charge 60 bucks for.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

RyokoTK posted:

Blood Dragon is the same map as 3 isn't it? Primal is basically an expansion game that they have the gall to charge 60 bucks for.

I don't think blood dragon is the same map as 3. Its smaller by far, there's only a single landmass.

It is the same engine as 3 and re-uses a ton of assets though, so it looks pretty similar other than the bolted-on neon lighting. Its basically a paid mod, but I don't think it was 60 at release like Primal was.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Blood dragon hurts my eyes after awhile

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

oldpainless posted:

Yeah I heard good things about it then got headaches from the colour scheme, particularly the contrast between different fluoro colours.

Uhh, I mean, more like Oldsightless.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

oldpainless posted:

When uplay goes away I'll consider it

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
One of the first commented signatures on the petition is p.good too.

"I'm a delicate little flower who is okay with shooting brown people, foreigners, and liberals who work the EVIL corporations, but you, Ubisoft, have gone too far. How dare make a game about that antagonizes a group of criminal white christian zealots terrorizing a small town community that for some reason I okay with and agree on a ideological level. This is 2017, you can't make a game about killing doomsday cultist that are primarily white...unless they're gay or Muslim, then it's acceptable.

I hope you're ready for retribution, because after this, I going to write an angry post on twitter and facebook that will largely go ignored. That will show you! #Ubisoftdead
Dontshootme Imwhite, Spring, CA
"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

In an ubisoft game?!

It's an FPS so there's no hand-wringing over animation skeletons.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Crossposting from the Trump thread (a few years old article but whatevs)

VitalSigns posted:

Like those rurals who unincorporate their towns because "no goddurned elitist know-it-all polesmoker is gonna tell me three feet of horseshit in my backyard is a public health hazard" and then die in the darkness wondering why the roads don't get paved and the streetlights don't come on anymore.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mizuti posted:

Canuck is awesome, he became famous after stealing a knife from a crime scene.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/canuck-crow-international-attention-1.3604632

He spends a lot of time with one guy named Shawn. They have a Facebook page which is super adorable!

https://www.facebook.com/thecrowandI/

A little while back, Canuck was at a soccer game, stealing what he loves to steal the most: pens. Some rear end in a top hat hit him with a sign, and he disappeared for a few days. He was fortunately found, but he sustained a head injury and had to see a vet.

He is fully healed now, though, and still up to no good. The SPCA is also investigating, but I haven't seen any updates on that front recently.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/canuck-the-crow-spca-seek-witnesses-after-crow-hurt-at-soccer-game

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kennel posted:

Crossposting from the Trump thread (a few years old article but whatevs)

Article posted:

I would call them village idiots, but they aren't a village anymore.

:lol:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

syscall girl posted:

It's actually pretty awesome just not for its intended purpose.

Euthanasia Zipline?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Acceptable use of hashtags.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Hell, they have a very serious petition to cancel it already!

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-cancel-far-cry-5

Man, these idiots will take any opportunity to whine about "censorship" in localizations. It's like I'm back in the 00's when anime fans got super pissed about panty shots being removed from kid's anime.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Kay Kessler posted:

Man, these idiots will take any opportunity to whine about "censorship" in localizations. It's like I'm back in the 00's when anime fans got super pissed about panty shots being removed from kid's anime.

Behead those who remove the face touching minigame from fire emblem.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Fair, I wish you could turn off the kinda scanline effect they apply over the sky, it gets to be a bit much.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Volcott posted:

Behead those who remove the face touching minigame from fire emblem.

I had never heard of this before. The schadenfreude is that I was curious and googled it and :stonklol:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

RyokoTK posted:

Far Cry Primal is cool and good. If tooling around ice age Europe murdering cavemen with your pet sabertooth tiger is wrong, I don't want to be right :colbert:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Zaphod42 posted:

Fair, I wish you could turn off the kinda scanline effect they apply over the sky, it gets to be a bit much.

The schad is all of you not having fond memories of 80's sci fi. Blood dragon is a pretty rad tribute to that.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

gently caress yessss

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

NeurosisHead posted:

The schad is all of you not having fond memories of 80's sci fi. Blood dragon is a pretty rad tribute to that.

I didn't exist in the 80s, but I grew up on a diet of 80s movies in my childhood and Blood Dragon gives me a lot of nostalgia for that time period.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Also the "tutorial" is one of the funniest things ever, phone posting so alleyoop on link.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Also the "tutorial" is one of the funniest things ever, phone posting so alleyoop on link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pItOJfE_GYg

"To look around, look around."

Ravenfood has a new favorite as of 05:16 on May 30, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

Nah I loving love 80s sci fi and that's why I said blood dragon was rad as gently caress.

But I understand people getting sore eyes. That doesn't mean I don't love the game dude. Read my last post lol, we were having a conversation.

The game was voiced by Michael loving Biehn how can you not love that? Or the game opens on Long Tall Sally... I mean, wow.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I had never heard of this before. The schadenfreude is that I was curious and googled it and :stonklol:

Same here and I've gotta say it managed to be both more creepy and less than I was expecting.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

The game was voiced by Michael loving Biehn how can you not love that? Or the game opens on Long Tall Sally... I mean, wow.

Can someone tell a media-deprived goon how Long Tall Sally ties in with blowing the poo poo out of things wth a minigun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Lone Badger posted:

Can someone tell a media-deprived goon how Long Tall Sally ties in with blowing the poo poo out of things wth a minigun?

Go watch Predator.