Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

Kimi gave up once he saw they just dumped him in traffic. Wtf was he going to do? Race his rear end off and then never pass?

Yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Fernando Alonso

I guess being hosed out of first would be preferable to being hosed out of finishing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Powershift posted:

I guess being hosed out of first would be preferable to being hosed out of finishing.
I think Alonso might disagree with this, or at least he might have disagreed with this 3 years ago when he signed with McLaren and he said that if Ferrari finishes anything other than 1st in the WDC in that next year then he was right to leave because he didn't want to finish second anymore. Wonder if he still feels that way.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why? The result would be exact the same

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

Why? The result would be exact the same

So what you are saying is that Kimi was entitled the win at Monaco?

On what basis? His Pole? He was slower than Vettel in the race.

Max should have been third instead on Ricciardo?.

I dont understand this polemic.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

So what you are saying is that Kimi was entitled the win at Monaco?

What in the world gave you that impression from the words he actually said?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What the gently caress is with people reading poo poo that's not in a post?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wicka posted:

What in the world gave you that impression from the words he actually said?

He didnt understand why they pitted him first? So what.

Vettel was faster.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

My takeaway from all of this is that some posters are salty that Kimi didnt win the one race in which he woke up and gave a poo poo.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Basticle posted:

My takeaway from all of this is that some posters are salty that Kimi didnt win the one race in which he woke up and gave a poo poo.

No joke, Kimi had 5 races to try and win one. Ferrari is winning the WDC with one race advantage over mercedes. Lewis is having a meltdown and his car is worse.

gently caress Kimi

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 30, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Kimi loving puts in one good drive every ten or so races. I'm loving lmbo if you actually think Ferrari were going to do anything other than make him move over so their actual driver can collect some valuable points.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Fernando Alonso

:gizz:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not confused as to why Ferarri did what the did. Nor am I mad he took second?

I'm saying he had zero reason to go faster than he did after his pit. Why put the car on the limit for the exact same result taking it easy?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

I'm not confused as to why Ferarri did what the did. Nor am I mad he took second?

I'm saying he had zero reason to go faster than he did after his pit. Why put the car on the limit for the exact same result taking it easy?

Stop Ricciardo and Bottas for coming second?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He did that?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

He did that?

So whats your point?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What's yours? I've made mine like 3 times

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

What's yours? I've made mine like 3 times

Ferrari hosed kimi?

They didnt.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You have serious reading comprehension issues

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Basticle posted:

I like Kimi but I don't think he woke up and gave a poo poo in the race. That was in qualifying.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

You have serious reading comprehension issues

nice meltdown

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

nice meltdown

:ironicat:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Indy 500 banquet: https://livestream.com/accounts/17974260/events/5340319/player

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Kimi's ultrasofts were clearly going off faster than the ones behind him and by not pitting, it would have put him at risk for the undercut. Again, Vettel went nearly a second faster per lap once Kimi was out of the way.
I wanted Kimi to win, but he simply wasn't fast enough when it mattered.
Red Bull did exactly the same, yet no one is accusing them of favouring the bogan.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Bogan favoring would be a morally acceptable thing to do, though

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I highly doubt the ultrasofts were going off at lap 34. Hamilton was still faster than bottas on them by lap 46

You can see the exact moment Kimi stopped giving a poo poo.

You can also see Kimi being held up by traffic on his out lap costing him a full second over Vettel's.

Kimi's 2 fastest laps on supersofts were half a second quicker than any lap Vettel put in on supersofts.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

I highly doubt the ultrasofts were going off at lap 34. Hamilton was still faster than bottas on them by lap 46

You can see the exact moment Kimi stopped giving a poo poo.

You can also see Kimi being held up by traffic on his out lap costing him a full second over Vettel's.

Kimi's 2 fastest laps on supersofts were half a second quicker than any lap Vettel put in on supersofts.

Vettel is first on the wdc and has won 3 races so far

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Vettel is first on the wdc and has won 3 races so far

I understand their short-term reasons for doing it, but think it will have long term consequences and was the wrong thing to do.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

I understand their short-term reasons for doing it, but think it will have long term consequences and was the wrong thing to do.

Kimi is on the way out of the team, and in the long term they are fighting for both titles

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

They've been doing this for like 40 years now and there's been zero long term ramifications from doing so.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I was sort of vaguely interested in following F1 again and now i can't even figure out what happened to Good Lotus. Are they still around in some form? I don't see that cool black and gold 2011 livery anywhere.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

a kitten posted:

I was sort of vaguely interested in following F1 again and now i can't even figure out what happened to Good Lotus. Are they still around in some form? I don't see that cool black and gold 2011 livery anywhere.

They're now Renault's factory team and employ a fraud and a mediocre German.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gah!

e:

Well, Hulkenberg is a cool name at least.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

1500quidporsche posted:

They're now Renault's factory team and employ a fraud and a mediocre German.

Weird, so does Ferrari and McLaren

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hulkenberg mediocre? Are you sure you're not thinking of your own posts?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You're like the king of overrating lovely drivers that belong in the midfield.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hulkenberg has always outperformed the cars he's been dealt with in F1. He's one of the best drivers in F1 and has been since his debut. He's also had a stellar junior category and has always been right up there in any other series he's raced in including LeMans at the first attempt albeit as part of a driving team but still.

Oh yah and Bottas owns.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

You're like the king of overrating lovely drivers that belong in the midfield.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bentai posted:

Is it just me or did TK throw a little shade at Hamilton when he was on stage?

iospace posted:

What did he say? :allears:

Bentai posted:

quote:

"You were humble, not like your other fellow F1 drivers that said some comments this month, but uh.. What are you gonna say? The guy raced 2 cars last year and he finished second."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Hulkenberg has always outperformed the cars he's been dealt with in F1. He's one of the best drivers in F1 and has been since his debut. He's also had a stellar junior category and has always been right up there in any other series he's raced in including LeMans at the first attempt albeit as part of a driving team but still.

Oh yah and Bottas owns.

There is a particular reason why he hasn't received any top drives. Because he's Jochen Mass 2017.

• Locked thread