Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

canepazzo posted:

Thank God this loving season is over.

:same:

Crotone owns, reminder that at Christmas they had 9 points. Empoli should be relegated to serie d.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/LFCFansCorner/status/868901645895204864

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Crotone owns, reminder that at Christmas they had 9 points. Empoli should be relegated to serie d.

They were in the relegation zone for the entire season, except for the final 77 minutes of today's game. lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Did he confirm retirement?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

When he had the mic at the stadium today he asked everyone for help because he was afraid of what was ahead. He also said he hoped that his career would be a story that people could tell their kids, as if it wasn't obvious. A real tearjerker, especially when he stumbled over the words he was reading; you could tell all of it was from the heart. When Totti talks it usually sounds like an arrogant teenager bit today it was incredibly sad. I hope Roma get him in the staff as soon as possible and as close to the actual squad as they can.

trem_two posted:

They were in the relegation zone for the entire season, except for the final 77 minutes of today's game. lol

This, however, is incredibly funny to me and it owns so hard. This has to be the best salvezza in my lifetime.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

When he had the mic at the stadium today he asked everyone for help because he was afraid of what was ahead. He also said he hoped that his career would be a story that people could tell their kids, as if it wasn't obvious. A real tearjerker, especially when he stumbled over the words he was reading; you could tell all of it was from the heart. When Totti talks it usually sounds like an arrogant teenager bit today it was incredibly sad. I hope Roma get him in the staff as soon as possible and as close to the actual squad as they can.

This, however, is incredibly funny to me and it owns so hard. This has to be the best salvezza in my lifetime.

I don't know what that word means but I'm still salty about you guys taking that CL spot from us that one year.

Doesn't matter now. Sousa is gone. gently caress his decisions. Most of them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Someone on reddit translated his speech, and yeah it was really touching.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

One of the videos, where it cuts to De Rossi and Florenzi crying, especially got me. Totti is a legend, I hope De Rossi never leaves them either.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

Sandwolf posted:

One of the videos, where it cuts to De Rossi and Florenzi crying, especially got me. Totti is a legend, I hope De Rossi never leaves them either.

Yeah some of the videos and stuff I've seen of last night have really cemented how much of a giant Totti is. You know what they say, legends never die.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Papal Mainframe posted:

Yeah some of the videos and stuff I've seen of last night have really cemented how much of a giant Totti is. You know what they say, legends never die.

"Heroes live forever, but legends never die. If you follow your heart kid, you'll never go wrong."
Babe Ruth - The Sandlot

I honestly expected more emotion from DeRossi. Like a "I am Captain now" to "gently caress dude :("

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex, in loving October posted:

So apparently Giorebtina are gonna give Sousa the axe and pick up Pioli instead.

What?

trem_two, also in October posted:

Edin Dzeko, capocannoniere

-something that will be mind-bogglingly true in May

Guys can I have the winning lotto numbers.

canepazzo in November posted:

That's uh, good for you guys!

E: oh poo poo, hadn't noticed Atalanta just behind you - tho they won't last.

:cawg: :cawg:

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 29, 2017

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
So over the course of this week we should see:

Pioli to Fiorentina
Spalletti to Inter
Di Francesco to Roma
Mancini to Zenit

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://twitter.com/viaanito/status/869174085871427584

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Emerson did tear his ACL yesterday, had surgery already today. Expected to be out for 6 months.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Emerson did tear his ACL yesterday, had surgery already today. Expected to be out for 6 months.

RIP that national team chance. Shame, he's quite good.

Lmao, Lercio is a parody site though. I wish it was real.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Crotone's comeback is insane - they were a joint 15th on the first match day, then hovered betwen 20th and 19th until the last 8 matches, 18 until the last match day, and 17th final position.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/869229261391089664

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Soulex posted:

I don't know what that word means but I'm still salty about you guys taking that CL spot from us that one year.

It's "salvation", meaning the escape from relegation. Also I'm still mad about Amauri robbing the title from us so we can call it even!!!!

Speaking of salvezza, I happened across an article today that mentioned the time Reggina escaped relegation on the last day despite having an 11 point penalty. It was the year that Bianchi and Amoruso scored 35 goals between them. Check out the manager at the time:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I presume managers can't smoke on the sidelines anymore

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

julian assflange posted:

I presume managers can't smoke on the sidelines anymore

I think I've seen Zeman do it this season, but it might've just been in the stadium and not during the match, which you're not supposed to do either.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Other season end predictions that became true

quote:

Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain using 'fat' jibes as motivation

Gonzalo Higuain says the more people call him fat, the more goals he will score for Juventus

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I think I've seen Zeman do it this season, but it might've just been in the stadium and not during the match, which you're not supposed to do either.

I thought I saw Sarri do it too, but after looking it up now it was in the stands after he was sent off.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

Carpi are in the promotion playoff semifinals, we might get Big Kevin Lasagna back next season!

the dream lives on
https://twitter.com/Guardalinee/status/869289831733579776

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

86th minute goal when they were down a man too. Frosinone were as good as Hellas on points this season, that is a bit of a giant killing.

Carpi will play the winner of Benevento and Perugia. Benevento is up 1-0 from the first match.

E: poo poo, Carpi were down 2 men

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 29, 2017

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Frosinone deserve it for letting Hellas get the automatic promotion spot

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

As much as I would miss seeing Kevin Lasagna, please let chaos option Benevento win.

Ed: This is also Benevento's first year in Serie B ever, so double lol.

:black101::black101:

Robviously fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 30, 2017

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I've had a series of good experiences in Perugia so hup Perug' hup

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/869542141814558726
This is the first time Milan will have the same manager in successive seasons since Allegri, right?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Yes. Incidentally the first time we've had more than 0 signings before August 30th in many years as well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

As much as I would miss seeing Kevin Lasagna, please let chaos option Benevento win.

Ed: This is also Benevento's first year in Serie B ever, so double lol.

:black101::black101:

You got half your wish, Benevento went through 1-1 after winning the first leg 1-0. The two legged final will take place on the 4th and the 8th.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm a big fan of the incredibly ugly gang tags but don't feel strongly about hellas

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I didn't realize that Falcinelli was on loan from Sassuolo, he's returned to them. I suppose they could sell him, or maybe sell Defrel for a good price and then start Falcinelli.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Injury for Juve ahead of the final!!

http://www.football-italia.net/103412/allegri-injured-charity-match

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

On the plus side, maybe that'll help keep all of the big English clubs from trying to sign him in the summer

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Gigi Galli posted:

You got half your wish, Benevento went through 1-1 after winning the first leg 1-0. The two legged final will take place on the 4th and the 8th.

I was following this at work. My family is from outside Benevento so this has been absolutely hilarious to me and my brother. My uncle already promised that if they go up and I fly over there we're all going to see them play our team, either Milan (his) or Juve (mine), and get shitfaced on Strega filled cioccolati.

Robviously fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 31, 2017

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Robviously posted:

I was following this at work. My family is from outside Benevento so this has been absolutely hilarious to me and my brother. My uncle already promised that if they go up and I fly over there we're all going to see them play our team, either Milan (his) or Juve (mine), and get shitfaced on Strega filled ciocolati.

that's cool, I'm now hoping for this

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Nedved in that same match
https://twitter.com/ADP1113/status/869671819753738241

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Robviously posted:

I was following this at work. My family is from outside Benevento so this has been absolutely hilarious to me and my brother. My uncle already promised that if they go up and I fly over there we're all going to see them play our team, either Milan (his) or Juve (mine), and get shitfaced on Strega filled cioccolati.

That's very good, I kinda want them to go up now, heh. Christ, I can't imagine what a chocolate filled with Strega tastes like though. I like booze chocolates but that's like eating a strong tree with sugar.

trem_two posted:

On the plus side, maybe that'll help keep all of the big English clubs from trying to sign him in the summer

Lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Nedved :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Kimi Raikkonen scored three goals in that match, that owns.

• Locked thread