Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sagebrush posted:

I wish the sound in that video were better cause the cam whine + supercharger whine :fap:

I have a bunch of busted tungsten carbide end mills that I sometimes think about grinding down into little cones and setting into the knuckles of my gloves

if I buy the icon metallic gloves, would you do that for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I know that Australian cops are supposed to be dicks in general but :laffo: at this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPSbOoISWSY

"well obviously I was speeding and didn't stop for you, it's got no speedometer or brakes"

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

lol that jimbo guy with the fireblade he crashed before even buying it has been banned from riding while living with his parents. He latest video is a whinefest talking about some sort of meet he planned and his failing company or some poo poo and not being able to ride now, not worth watching.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I know that Australian cops are supposed to be dicks in general but :laffo: at this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPSbOoISWSY

"well obviously I was speeding and didn't stop for you, it's got no speedometer or brakes"

I know that copper, he's generally pretty cool. Rides a Triumph Tiger on the weekends. Let my kid crawl around his patrol car and ask him about everything when a car hit my fence and he was the first on scene.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I mean... at least they're locking nuts?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo. What's the shear strength on the threaded part of a bolt vs a roller pin? Has to be way less

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Schroeder91 posted:

lol that jimbo guy with the fireblade he crashed before even buying it has been banned from riding while living with his parents. He latest video is a whinefest talking about some sort of meet he planned and his failing company or some poo poo and not being able to ride now, not worth watching.

Link that

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Holy poo poo. What's the shear strength on the threaded part of a bolt vs a roller pin? Has to be way less

Dowel pins/bearing pins should be hardened steel, 130kPsi shear strength (give or take). A grade 5 bolt is like 70-75kPsi. If he used a screw with the correct grip length, then the part under the roller isn't threaded and can support the full shear. Since that's extremely unlikely, then use the minor diameter instead of major. Looks like a #10 screw, so .150" diameter (thereabouts) for a shear of about 1200lbs, worst case. This is vs a ~.200 pin stock, which is 4000lbs (ballpark). So the repair is only 25% as strong. Given the safety factor inherent in chain design, I bet those things fail in a small number of miles.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Drove around looking at bikes with my instructor today. Saw this with less than 5k on the clock and around £2.5-3k

Also this rothman special

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Tell me that was just a kludge to get back to civilization.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Tell me that was just a kludge to get back to civilization.

Dunno, just turned up un-captioned on FB. I've only just noticed there's a master link like right next to it, too.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

No. 6 posted:

Link that

https://youtu.be/z_0cM8dihV8 just after 10:00 is when he mentions the bike. I didn't watch the rest beside skip through it.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Oh that guy works with Joego101, makes a lot of sense.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I love that he isn't driving the vette in that video either. Too bad he didn't yammie, but it's so sweet that he talks this big game and yet has mommy and daddy shut it all down.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

goddamnedtwisto posted:

heh. Bet half the bikes in vietnam have chains that are linked by those same bolts and nuts, no pins.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/TouyqVG.gifv

Schroeder91 fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 30, 2017

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Schroeder91 posted:

fixed above & below

3x is toooo manyyyy :byodood:

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 30, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

take that out of the timg tags to make it work

Anyway, both those guys are real good. My first reaction in that situation would be to straighten up and steer past the back of the car, rather than tightening up and going for the front. It would give you a space that's opening up instead of one that's closing, but it would also mean crossing the double yellow, which is kinda slippery and also you'd be on the wrong side of the road. But the car is blocking traffic coming the other way anyway so I dunno. Hard to say if there's a real "optimum" strategy there. Anything where you don't crash is good.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
its a good thing he didn't crash cause those gloveless hands woulda gotten rekt

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

:shrug: I'm still not sure, it's a link now I guess though. IMG and timg looked the same on the mobile app, it had the play arrow but wouldn't give me the option to play gif. Oh well

I think I'd personally go for the front. Definitely need to improve my emergency braking skills though to reach that level.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Who cut it short? The guy on the red bike looked like he was ready to issue out an assbeating

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

R-Type posted:

Who cut it short? The guy on the red bike looked like he was ready to issue out an assbeating

I think you answered your own question.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Sagebrush posted:

Anyway, both those guys are real good. My first reaction in that situation would be to straighten up and steer past the back of the car, rather than tightening up and going for the front. It would give you a space that's opening up instead of one that's closing

Interesting, in my experience most people when pressured will attempt to dash through a closing space rather than an opening one. It happens in foot traffic too, it's a bad habit I also have and it's really difficult to shake.

Logically I'd want to go around the back, but in the heat of the moment I'd probably try to cut in front. Not necessarily saying I'd manage to miss the car at all.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Cross posting from MX thread to make fun of kawasaki for having 3 (!) bikes sieze during Glen Helen on saturday.

http://i.imgur.com/yjrstEr.gifv

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Cross posting from MX thread to make fun of kawasaki for having 3 (!) bikes sieze during Glen Helen on saturday.

http://i.imgur.com/yjrstEr.gifv

Does that include Tomac's second front brake issue of the year? Because someone should figure out what's wrong with his brakes. You know, at some point. Just a thought.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tomac is the Lorenzo of MX and I enjoy watching him suffer. There I said it.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
It's that time of year again...

tjones
May 13, 2005
Yes! Thanks mate. Please post more as you get em.

What is the current word on the rather lovely turn with the Isle's random rear end weather for this week?

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
Those are photo's I took today. out of ~500 there's about 10 that are any good, sun was directly in front of me, and the bikes were in the shade. Not a good spot for the evening really.

Weather was awesome last week, then turned lovely Saturday, cleared up a bit on Sunday and I managed to get out for a ride...

Weather was lovely again today, but cleared for practice, looks like its going to be more of that through the week too

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
You were able to ride the mountain course?

Is that bike a 700 or a 900?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
They have times where you can go out on it to give the medics plenty of practice for the actual event.

alr
May 14, 2009

Victoria's Great Ocean Road is a real nice ride when you're not stuck behind a tourist bus.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

They have times where you can go out on it to give the medics plenty of practice for the actual event.

Those times are "The fifty weeks that the TT isn't on" - the Mountain course is all public roads with no speed limit, and of course you're free to ride on them during the TT fortnight when the course isn't closed for an event.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

captainOrbital posted:

You were able to ride the mountain course?

Is that bike a 700 or a 900?

It's a public road, its open whenever there isn't any practice or racing session on. I live here so I get to ride it whenever I want. Albeit its only 1-way for TT fortnight.

My bikes an XSR 700, although its not very fast, I can keep up with most people as they haven't got a clue where to go fast and where not to. Saying that I saw about 120mph coming over the mountain mile, but it was absolutely terrifying with the pogo like suspension the bike has :(

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Pinny posted:

It's a public road, its open whenever there isn't any practice or racing session on. I live here so I get to ride it whenever I want. Albeit its only 1-way for TT fortnight.

My bikes an XSR 700, although its not very fast, I can keep up with most people as they haven't got a clue where to go fast and where not to. Saying that I saw about 120mph coming over the mountain mile, but it was absolutely terrifying with the pogo like suspension the bike has :(

Please make a long post talking about the TT. Tia

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

I had a visitor just now while washing my daughters bike

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
IDGI where's slender man?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

EX250 Type R posted:

Nice cock!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

EX250 Type R posted:

I hear they're quite tasty :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Summers definitely here

Need to find my kickstand puck before I find my bike on its side. I was only parked for 2 hours in that picture.