Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Femur posted:

talking about your philandering doesn't mean criticizing. Only women get heat for that poo poo, thanks patriarchy.

All of Jordans personal flaws are accepted by our culture. Y'all are kidding yourselves if y'all think Jordan wouldn't dominate today's media landscape, as long as he wins 6 out of 8. All he did was create drama with everyone because he was crazy.

lol

Femur posted:

yeah and he's super famous despite being super lame.

And most of the criticism was before the rings, and now it's mostly to cash in on his fame, by predicting his downfall, his legacy, etc. If he had won 5 of 7 instead of 3, maybe we would be kinder and more reverent like Jordan but he didn't.

I feel in many of these discussions, they don't really acknowledge the timeframe of Jordans domination, 8 years straight, with an excused break. you'll get ridiculed like a fool if you go against that. The shield had no crack. the years there was he literally went away, then came back with 72 and hit movie.

Jordan didn't have the level of competition from the West LeBron has faced so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lebron literally didn't face a remotely championship level team for the last 7 years in the east outside of the 2011 bulls

Pretty easy to make 7 finals in possibly the worst conference era ever

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

and yet no ones done it in forever, cause its not even remotely easy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ghost Dog posted:

and yet no ones done it in forever, cause its not even remotely easy

Because coincidentally they only went to poo poo when Lebrun got there.

Stupid lucky Lebron!!!!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its pretty easy to argue this is infact, the hardest era ever to do what lebron has done, with the # of games and minutes hes had to play with no break

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
LeBron told me he will do his best

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

which one of you is Mero b/c he's been (jokingly) roasting Jordan all night.

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO

Jordan's would be crushed with today's media. TMZ doesn't give a poo poo about rings. It'd be like Tiger Woods.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LeBron left the Cavs in the super weak east and they lost like 40 wins the next year.

Jordan left the Bulls in the super strong east and they lost 2.

:thunk:

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

LeBron left the Cavs in the super weak east and they lost like 40 wins the next year.

Jordan left the Bulls in the super strong east and they lost 2.

:thunk:

But the Bulls had a Top 10 player in the league left and a HOF coach, who did the Cavs have after LeBron left?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i dont think lebron will ever be able to match jordan's AA batting average

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

is there an oral history of Spacejam because I'd like to learn about the negotiation between Jordan and the studio when they told him that him sucking at baseball would be a plot point.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dimebag posted:

But the Bulls had a Top 10 player in the league left and a HOF coach, who did the Cavs have after LeBron left?
Who did they have before LeBron left?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

euphronius posted:

This is garbage

You are garbage

yeah society and social norms are garbage.

like your comment is basically garbage because it was addressed to garbage, but you couldn't resist. You feel great laughing at garbage people?

And people like you make up the society we are discussing, Jordan got rings, and was above reproached. I do not have rings and you are free to call me garbage. You are like all is losers who want to punch down, because we afraid to punch up, like attacking Jordan, Exxon, billionaries, etc.

LeBron, because he loses some years leaves him open, Jordan did not.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
We need some basketball because some of you are posting like bitches

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jordan lost a lot he just wasnt good enough to lose in the finals

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

TBeats posted:

We need some basketball because some of you are posting like bitches

This week has been absolutely brutal. At least with the offseason we have free agency/trades/summer league stuff

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

in a lot of ways michael jordan was worse than allen iverson

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Who did they have before LeBron left?

I dunno like Old Shaq and trash? I just wanted to post about basketball. Is it finals time yet?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
From now on the conference finals should 7 games but still a best of seven series so it could end 7-0 but only four of them count.

Let the backups keep us from falling into this post conference finals/pre finals abyss.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/bucketsworth/status/869333108306321410

bizarro world

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/869323015326244864

BWV posted:

which one of you is Mero b/c he's been (jokingly) roasting Jordan all night.

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO

Jordan's would be crushed with today's media. TMZ doesn't give a poo poo about rings. It'd be like Tiger Woods.

He's Dexo and my son.

Please listen to Bodega Boys and watch Desus and Mero on Viceland.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/869353044592480256

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

verbal enema posted:

but the monstars lose :c

they always give movies unrealistic fake happy endings. especially movies for children

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

EvanTH posted:

they always give movies unrealistic fake happy endings. especially movies for children

on the other hand, the warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lets not go crazy here

Joe Johnson is a much better 3 point shooter than Jordan

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/869323015326244864

He's Dexo and my son.

Please listen to Bodega Boys and watch Desus and Mero on Viceland.

lmao. I do'nt approve of Jordan Slander even if the reason for the slander is totally valid.

People underrate the poo poo out of Scottie and how loving important he was to that team.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Jordon Sucks!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/869357724831813633

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

6 champ;ipnsikp[ ringhs

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Michael Jordan is Harrison Barnes with the ability to dribble a basketball

Henchman of Santa posted:

We're overdue for Rob Parker to be fired for saying something idiotic again.

When I started watching they would split between that WB station with George Blaha and Bill Laimbeer/Rick Mahorn/Greg Kelser and Fox Sports with Fred McLeod and whoever.

I remember that. I just looked it up and what happened was that PASS Sports couldn't afford to compete with Fox, News Corp Sports bought the Tigers/Red Wings rights, and PASS sold their Pistons rights to them and folded, with Fox Sports Detroit launching immediately after, in 1998

They got exclusive rights to the pistons in 2008, up til then some had been on the WB station within its broadcast range and Fox without.

Memories
I don't know why I remember this when I was born from Vanessa Hudgen virgin womb 10 years and 1 day ago, but whatever

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

lmao. I do'nt approve of Jordan Slander even if the reason for the slander is totally valid.

People underrate the poo poo out of Scottie and how loving important he was to that team.

I think people also underrate the fact that Jordan needed a "big three" to even win. Horace Grant was his Chris Bosh. And he had Rodman for the other three.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mr. Despair posted:

on the other hand, the warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals

In a trilogy often times a main character is killed...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

verbal enema posted:

Draymond Green will probably kill about a billion future younglings does that count

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

verbal enema posted:

so if the warriors first win was episode IV, and the cavs winning was episode V, that would make the warriors winning this year Episode VI

What i'm getting at is does this mean that lonzo ball is going to anakin his way to a championship next year that leaves everyone hating the NBA for 20 years?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

IcePhoenix posted:

Draymond Green will probably kill about a billion future younglings does that count

It does because he owns

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Femur posted:

All of Jordans personal flaws are accepted by our culture. Y'all are kidding yourselves if y'all think Jordan wouldn't dominate today's media landscape, as long as he wins 6 out of 8.

I remember in the late 1990s when Jordan's mistresses started going public when they wanted more $$$. Jordan had all of them sign NDAs/paid them off so they had no case in court. Still the Chicago media anchors having to announce it looked distressed like Jordan would personally have them fired for talking about it on TV in the following weeks.

zoux posted:

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life,.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheHerd/status/869292525479014400

ESPN should pay people to watch their shows.

TBeats posted:

Steph plays for GS though

He's #3 behind Korver/Ray Allen in the regular season. Curry could be #1 by the end of next year though.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

so if the warriors first win was episode IV, and the cavs winning was episode V, that would make the warriors winning this year Episode VI

What i'm getting at is does this mean that lonzo ball is going to anakin his way to a championship next year that leaves everyone hating the NBA for 20 years?

LBJ playing the east each year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM&feature=youtu.be&t=40s

Curry/Durant vs. LBJ in the 2017 finals: https://youtu.be/eYT3ctPuVRw?t=33s

Losing teams fans after the finals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7D-XaRQr4&feature=youtu.be&t=45s

I think the finals start this week. Not sure. Maybe I can find more Star Wars videos. :discourse:

Spacebump posted:

It's too bad the Penny/Shaq Magic team ended when it did and that Penny was injured. I wonder if Penny and Grant Hill staying healthy would have helped the league's post Jordan popularity. They were some of the best marketed/most entertaining players.

It would've helped but even if they stayed healthy they wouldn't have replaced him. Nobody could replicate Jordan's body of work.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

Lebron literally didn't face a remotely championship level team for the last 7 years in the east outside of the 2011 bulls

2012 Celtics were good. Best D in the league, took the Heat to a moderately close 7 games. Might have won if Bradley had not dislocated his shoulder. 13 Pacers were good too, also had the best D in the league and took them to 7. Might have won had Danny Granger's career not been effectively ended by his injury the previous season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

Imagine if Jordan had to face a team in the Finals as good as any of those 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The East is a cakewalk, that's why Chicago, Boston, Indiana, and Atlanta all have effortlessly stayed as the 2nd best team in the East behind Lebron.

• Locked thread