Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The avatar thing is really gross, please cut it out. I don't want this lovely thing attached to my posts and it isn't funny, it's just annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Replica high alagan and dreadwyrm stuff sells for good money if you don't want it for glamours.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

gently caress. I would use the term "salty", but I think "fractured" is more appropriate at this time.

sleepyfish
Apr 1, 2014

i have an opinion about fracture

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

The avatar thing is really gross, please cut it out. I don't want this lovely thing attached to my posts and it isn't funny, it's just annoying.

Well :10bux: buys you 2 avatar changes to the other guy's 1.

Unless a mod is behind this...

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Astroniomix posted:

Replica high alagan and dreadwyrm stuff sells for good money if you don't want it for glamours.

Do they come from the regular accursed horde stuff post 50 or is it another type? Silver?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

sleepyfish posted:

i have an opinion about fracture

Then by all means!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fracture can not be cross classed anymore right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Well :10bux: buys you 2 avatar changes to the other guy's 1.

Unless a mod is behind this...

I already bought it back and they deleted it again and I genuinely do not have enough spare money to get into a buying war with someone who can spend a hundred dollars on crappy avatars. It's really frustrating and annoying.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I already bought it back and they deleted it again and I genuinely do not have enough spare money to get into a buying war with someone who can spend a hundred dollars on crappy avatars. It's really frustrating and annoying.

I mean, you really should've known better than to do it right away.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

Fracture can not be cross classed anymore right?

Nope

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

I mean, you really should've known better than to do it right away.

I was hoping the fact that I rebought the avatar without commenting on it might signal to whoever the gently caress it is that I'm not really interested in their lovely joke.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Actually it's hilarious.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Kortel posted:

Do they come from the regular accursed horde stuff post 50 or is it another type? Silver?

High alagan can drop from iron or better, but it's a super low chance for iron, IIRC dreadwyrm starts with silver bags.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I mean this is the only way most of us will be able to get fracture after SB

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
T. Yoshisaur Producakoopas please lift the embargo already. There's not enough time for me to start on a new game before SB hits so you might as well release some more detailed job information.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I was hoping the fact that I rebought the avatar without commenting on it might signal to whoever the gently caress it is that I'm not really interested in their lovely joke.

Jeez dawg, you care a lot about this huh

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I heard rude avatar changes cause damage of around 100 potency with 18 seconds of damage over time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Actually it's hilarious.

No, it really isn't. I don't have a lot of spare money to spend because I'm dealing with a lot of loving awful medical bills. I probably shouldn't have spent the money I did to loving change my avatar back but I genuinely liked that avatar enough it was worth it. Seeing someone drop enough money to seriously alleviate the financial issues I'm dealing with on lovely message board pictures doesn't make me smile, it leaves me depressed and unhappy. So yeah, I'm actually not finding this funny or charming, it's hitting at an extremely bad time and not in a "Ha-ha, they're salty because their avatar is different" way.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Jeez dawg, you care a lot about this huh

Yeah, I do. I'm loving working from home on my day off at a second job to help get money to cover medical expenses and the only reason I'm currently able to afford to play FFXIV is because someone got me a couple of months subscription as a gift. I'm not feeling particularly charmed or delighted by someone deciding to be an rear end in a top hat to me at the moment, sorry.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

No, it really isn't. I don't have a lot of spare money to spend because I'm dealing with a lot of loving awful medical bills. I probably shouldn't have spent the money I did to loving change my avatar back but I genuinely liked that avatar enough it was worth it. Seeing someone drop enough money to seriously alleviate the financial issues I'm dealing with on lovely message board pictures doesn't make me smile, it leaves me depressed and unhappy. So yeah, I'm actually not finding this funny or charming, it's hitting at an extremely bad time and not in a "Ha-ha, they're salty because their avatar is different" way.

Yeah, I do. I'm loving working from home on my day off at a second job to help get money to cover medical expenses and the only reason I'm currently able to afford to play FFXIV is because someone got me a couple of months subscription as a gift. I'm not feeling particularly charmed or delighted by someone deciding to be an rear end in a top hat to me at the moment, sorry.

It's just an avatar on a dead gay message board, friend. You can adblock the image if it bothers you that much.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my internet persona and accompanying av are very important to me

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

my internet persona and accompanying av are very important to me

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

While I agree, it can be a little disheartening if you don't have the money - it is just an avatar. If you're spending money on frivolous poo poo like an AV and you claim you're broke, you are either obviously not as broke as you claim or need to re-evaluate what you spend your money on so you don't remain broke.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

You changed it back so quickly that whoever is doing this probably just saw your normal avatar and thought, "Whoops, missed one!"

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Astroniomix posted:

High alagan can drop from iron or better, but it's a super low chance for iron, IIRC dreadwyrm starts with silver bags.

Okay cool, I'm just now getting past 70s on my Excal character, Materia has put me on decent income but it's slowing thanks to the expansion.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caeks posted:

While I agree, it can be a little disheartening if you don't have the money - it is just an avatar. If you're spending money on frivolous poo poo like an AV and you claim you're broke, you are either obviously not as broke as you claim or need to re-evaluate what you spend your money on so you don't remain broke.

Yeah, I shouldn't have spent the money at all and I regretted it as soon as I did it. Instead the end result is a complete net loss to me so hey, I guess it doesn't loving matter. Nothing better than following up a stupid impulse decision made in a fit of depression with it not even having the momentary iota of value that comes with that.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Kortel posted:

Okay cool, I'm just now getting past 70s on my Excal character, Materia has put me on decent income but it's slowing thanks to the expansion.

The extreme primal weapons and other rarer stuff are mainly 101+. 50-100 is farmed by pugs so nothing there is worth that much anymore.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I shouldn't have spent the money at all and I regretted it as soon as I did it. Instead the end result is a complete net loss to me so hey, I guess it doesn't loving matter. Nothing better than following up a stupid impulse decision made in a fit of depression with it not even having the momentary iota of value that comes with that.

Just go cool off by playing some Final Fantasies, take a breather, drink some water and remember to fracture.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It's kind of upsetting that it's beardless Riker.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I swear by all that is unholy, Matsuno had better let us beat a judge to a pulp. I've been wanting to kill one of those fuckers ever since FFTA.

The finger of the monkey's paw curls down. Judge boss fight where they force you to fight under absurd and stupid rules is now in.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Obligatum VII posted:

The finger of the monkey's paw curls down. Judge boss fight where they force you to fight under absurd and stupid rules is now in.

The entirety of the raid is one circular room where you have 120 minutes to kill Yiazmat while a judge periodically shows up and throws out random rules. You can attack the judge, but only if the rules at the time allow it (you know they won't).

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Obligatum VII posted:

Oh, A8S.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
wildstar

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

gross

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

nuru posted:

The extreme primal weapons and other rarer stuff are mainly 101+. 50-100 is farmed by pugs so nothing there is worth that much anymore.

drat, 100+ is set party only from 50+ right?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
So, is this year's gold saucer event just the quest to get the 30k MGP card and that's it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sorry for being a whiny little idiot over a stupid forum thing. It just hit at a bad time, but it's still a stupid thing to have taken over the thread for. My bad, I apologize.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry for being a whiny little idiot over a stupid forum thing. It just hit at a bad time, but it's still a stupid thing to have taken over the thread for. My bad, I apologize.

I mean, at least you're not alone?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

I mean, at least you're not alone?

Mine is upside-down, like a dangling William Riker ballsac. That's much worse. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Mine is upside-down, like a dangling William Riker ballsac. That's much worse. :colbert:

Really you should be honored

• Locked thread