Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They were democratically elected

So was Trump??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hezbollah have historically been very good at taking care of the Israel problem - imperialism :unsmigghh:

thats a bad opinion and you should feel bad

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

since when is that something you value?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Eela6 posted:

So was Trump??

Trump is the legitimate President of the United States, yeah..

Top City Homo posted:

thats a bad opinion and you should feel bad

So you're pro Israeli occupation of Lebanon or what?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trump is the legitimate President of the United States, yeah..

So you're pro Israeli occupation of Lebanon or what?

thats a complicated question but i am not pro islamic clerical fascism so i dont cheer hezbollah .

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

thats a complicated question but i am not pro islamic clerical fascism so i dont cheer hezbollah .

Hezbollah may be a right wing Islamic organization but they're not fascists. There are Christian and Druze members of Hezbollah.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That's a damning indictment of their constituents.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

hakimashou posted:

It's more that Hamas was actually offering very basic social services in Gaza, which Fatah had notoriously failed to do. Without offering any endorsement or approval of Hamas itself, I have a hard time blaming people under such desperate circumstances from grasping the only hand offered them.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Not sure if Brits or Americans can really speak from a position of moral authority on sound democratic governance these days.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

disappointed that c:orb:yn didn't tell that small business guy that he was destined for the gulags

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I can only imagine what kind of hellish fascist we'd elect if we were under real existential threat from a more powerful neighbor.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Vox Nihili posted:

I can only imagine what kind of hellish fascist we'd elect if we were under real existential threat from a more powerful neighbor.

Let Scotland go independent and we can find out.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the only military threat from an independent scotland would be a bunch of invasive grass species from the highlands

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Vox Nihili posted:

Not sure if Brits or Americans can really speak from a position of moral authority on sound democratic governance these days.

The american people were wise, millions more voted for hillary!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I'm deeply disappointed that corbyn didnt end his television performance with "Make June the End of May!"

If he had done that I'd never have said another bad thing about him, even if he loses.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

*Corbyn goes on the BBC to talk about Israel-Palestine* "You see, when Hamas talks about 'driving the filthy Jew into the sea and drowning him with his children' what they're really talking about is how coloniali

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
for all of america's fuckery i feel better anytime i look at england and your clusterfuck of politics

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*Corbyn goes on the BBC to talk about Israel-Palestine* "You see, when Hamas talks about 'driving the filthy Jew into the sea and drowning him with his children' what they're really talking about is how coloniali

lmbo

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Hezbollah may be a right wing Islamic organization but they're not fascists. There are Christian and Druze members of Hezbollah.

and there were Jewish members in the Fascist party in Italy.

its an Iranian supported front organization and trying to frame them as anything but bad really fucks up the idea of "fighting imperialism"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

and there were Jewish members in the Fascist party in Italy.

its an Iranian supported front organization and trying to frame them as anything but bad really fucks up the idea of "fighting imperialism"

The Italian Fascists weren't phenotypically racist, but nationally racist - so of course they would tolerate Italian Jews if they were willing to serve the fascist state. Islamic fascism would be a movement that wouldn't tolerate any forms of non-Islamic practice, yet Hezbollah defends Lebanese Christians and Druze from ISIS. Saying that they're a front organization is also seriously ignorant. I guess you'd say that the Houthi are an "front organization" too.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There are few good guys or bad guys in the Middle East, or for that matter in most conflicts. ISIS are baddies and pretty much the whole world is in agreement there but everything else is shades of gray.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Italian Fascists weren't phenotypically racist, but nationally racist - so of course they would tolerate Italian Jews if they were willing to serve the fascist state. Islamic fascism would be a movement that wouldn't tolerate any forms of non-Islamic practice, yet Hezbollah defends Lebanese Christians and Druze from ISIS. Saying that they're a front organization is also seriously ignorant. I guess you'd say that the Houthi are an "front organization" too.

Hezbollah has been cultivated by Iran and Syria though. :confused: The houthis are more complicated because of the geographic distance and the distinctiveness of their Shia Islam.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Italian Fascists weren't phenotypically racist, but nationally racist - so of course they would tolerate Italian Jews if they were willing to serve the fascist state.

that's my point

quote:

Islamic fascism would be a movement that wouldn't tolerate any forms of non-Islamic practice, yet Hezbollah defends Lebanese Christians and Druze from ISIS.

They don't control the state yet. But their districts in Beirut are run like Iranian style theocratic cantons. Hezbollah is an extension of Iranian influence and they are fighting against "Sunni" fundamentalists (ISIS), while their brand of fundamentalism is Iranian Shia. So they are in a turf war and they don't want to poo poo in their backyard by alienating their compatriots, for now. But their ideology is at the minimum, Iranian theocracy. That's what awaits Lebanon if they take over.

just read the most basic stuff about HIzbollah and you will find that its like an Iranian version of the Contras
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah

quote:

Hezbollah was conceived by Muslim clerics and funded by Iran primarily to harass the Israeli occupation. Its leaders were followers of Ayatollah Khomeini, and its forces were trained and organized by a contingent of 1,500 Revolutionary Guards that arrived from Iran with permission from the Syrian government.

quote:

Saying that they're a front organization is also seriously ignorant. I guess you'd say that the Houthi are an "front organization" too.

look mate, its simple

PKK=good

IRA=good

Houthis with their slogan "God is great, death to the US, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam" can go gently caress themselves to death

Also, the Ukranian Insurrectionary Army was bad

a guerilla army, or being the underdog doesn't automatically make you the good guy

Top City Homo has issued a correction as of 04:05 on May 30, 2017

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
whether or not labour wins in the end im glad corbyn's numbers are at least close enough now to clear out all the dipshit lunatic goons that spent the last four weeks agreeing with basically all of his policy positions while still whining about him being unelectable

the post-election aftermath is still going to be a pain in the rear end, but i'll burn that bridge when i get to it

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.

Top City Homo posted:

lol what the gently caress. trot spotted.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Fullhouse posted:

disappointed that c:orb:yn didn't tell that small business guy that he was destined for the gulags

So where should they build those?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Top City Homo posted:

that's my point

They don't control the state yet. But their districts in Beirut are run like Iranian style theocratic cantons. Hezbollah is an extension of Iranian influence and they are fighting against "Sunni" fundamentalists (ISIS), while their brand of fundamentalism is Iranian Shia. So they are in a turf war and they don't want to poo poo in their backyard by alienating their compatriots, for now. But their ideology is at the minimum, Iranian theocracy. That's what awaits Lebanon if they take over.

just read the most basic stuff about HIzbollah and you will find that its like an Iranian version of the Contras
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah

look mate, its simple

PKK=good

IRA=good

Houthis with their slogan "God is great, death to the US, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam" can go gently caress themselves to death

a guerilla army, or being the underdog doesn't automatically make you the good guy

Anyone who launches missles at Riyahd isn't completely irredeemable.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lawman 0 posted:

Hezbollah has been cultivated by Iran and Syria though. :confused: The houthis are more complicated because of the geographic distance and the distinctiveness of their Shia Islam.

Being supported by foreign powers doesn't make them "front" organizations. The implication that they're a front would imply that they have no legitimate support among the local people they govern, which is absolutely not the case.

Top City Homo posted:

that's my point

Your point is poo poo. "Islamic clerical fascism" has a very specific implication which Hezbollah does not meet. Iranian Theocracy doesn't even meet the definition of fascism.

quote:

That's what awaits Lebanon if they take over.

Considering Iran is at least an "Islamic Republic" that grants protections to its minority communities, there are far worse fates for Lebanon in the middle east. Ayatollah Khomeini even issued a fatwa that it is forbidden to attack Jews.

quote:

look mate, its simple

Nothing about the Middle East is simple, or clear cut. The only person being simple here is you, by uncritically regurgitating Israeli & American propaganda about Hezbollah. Comparing them to the contras is one of the most idiotic things you've ever said.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fauxbot posted:

lol what the gently caress. trot spotted.

those are the banderites not the anarchists, bra

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

those are the banderites not the anarchists, bra

Makhno... was also bad :smugmrgw:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Makhno... was also bad :smugmrgw:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the small business owner shaking his head the entire time what a oval office

lol

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/st...er%3D307%23pti1

Jose has issued a correction as of 07:32 on May 30, 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Jose posted:

lol

thats good editing imo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

anime was right posted:

thats good editing imo

certainly loads better than Jill Stein's democracy now! insert

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jose posted:

lol

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
So the British media has collectively agreed the proper response to the debate was simply to... lie about, I guess.

Thats pretty impressive I have to say. Corbyn really is doing quite good considering he has the entire media against him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

GlyphGryph posted:

So the British media has collectively agreed the proper response to the debate was simply to... lie about, I guess.

Thats pretty impressive I have to say. Corbyn really is doing quite good considering he has the entire media against him

i want them all to die

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i mean the people involved as well as the organisations

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
just accept trump into your heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shikantaza
Sep 10, 2016
Listening to that woman's hour interview live was painful, he just fell silent and tried to look up the policy on his ipad.