Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

WarpedNaba posted:

I thought it was him at first, but why would he have a staff?

It's a sword. Every statue of him is the same. I am not sure why an admiral always has a sword but at least he doesn't have a lieship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Hot Take:

quote:

I don't understand you people. You act as if it's a horrible thing that North Korea is testing missiles and creating nuclear weapons while in the same breath arguing that we should bomb, invade, and even nuke North Korea! Do you not see that the attitudes of people like you justify Kim's paranoia? How can North Korea be wrong to build and test weapons like this when you are openly advocating doing worse to them than they are ever likely to be able to do to us?

Maybe Kim's not so paranoid after all. Maybe he's doing exactly what he needs to to protect his country from the likes of you.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Which D&D mod was this?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
WE ARE NOW OUT OF THE DANGER ZONE. MAYBE WE BE SUCCESSFUL UNTIL WE CAN GET OUT OF THE 400s.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Which D&D mod was this?

Smart money's on the Tankie, although forbidden lesbian's a possible outside bet.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

He's holding the axe backwards

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

WE ARE NOW OUT OF THE DANGER ZONE. MAYBE WE BE SUCCESSFUL UNTIL WE CAN GET OUT OF THE 400s.

actually, this thread has 500 pages of history already

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

He's holding the axe backwards

Hey, in the US the shithead would have used a gun and a couple of people would be dead.

China wins again, and that's not even irony.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Haier what happened with giving that lady psychedelics or what ever?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Ups_rail posted:

Haier what happened with giving that lady psychedelics or what ever?
She ruined her big experience by being so repulsed by the taste of the root that she chugged about 1.5L of soda and sugar drinks and diluted the effect to almost nothing. She had tried a 1/5th dose to see if it would work, and she spent an hour or so crying quietly to herself while thinking about her past. When she tried the full dose, which she ruined, she spent about 20 minutes holding my penis and exclaiming how beautiful it was. We made sweet love while she stared at me with shocked bug eyes. The few days after that she said it inspired her to make these huge sweeping changes in her life and she was going to close her business and move to Yunnan or some village and run away from her family and friends to escape the culture and people she hates so much.

The effect of that root (Acacia Confusa), at least for us, was a strong central nervous system kicker, and it ruined both of our sleep schedule for about a week each and we physically felt like crap for a few days afterwards. For both of us, the night we took it (separately) we barely slept. It definitely works (much like the many posts about it on forums and erowid concur), but the side-effects are total poo poo.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Looks like the reality of chinas economic situation is starting to seep into everyday papers, this is what some bog standard article on the Finnish economy and future prospects ended with:

quote:

...Donald trump and the US is at the moment a big question mark, a bigger threat however is China, whose economy is going to explode at an unknown time in the future.

Escape Addict
Jan 25, 2012

YOSPOS

Haier posted:

The effect of that root (Acacia Confusa), at least for us, was a strong central nervous system kicker, and it ruined both of our sleep schedule for about a week each and we physically felt like crap for a few days afterwards. For both of us, the night we took it (separately) we barely slept. It definitely works (much like the many posts about it on forums and erowid concur), but the side-effects are total poo poo.

Did you take it with an MAOI? What did you use for that, Syrian Rue?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I've taken acacia before and yeah if you take it unextracfed without an Maoi you're mostly just going to get inedibly nauseas/vomit a lot without much effects from the DMt

If you're going to take it I highly highly recommend the extraction/smoking cause it's fairly easy and removes much of the negative sides

I gotta imagine the cost of a dose of rue in china is like a couple Of cents lol
vvvvv

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 30, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
If an maoi costs money then no, Haier didn't use it.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Haier posted:

The few days after that she said it inspired her to make these huge sweeping changes in her life and she was going to close her business and move to Yunnan or some village and run away from her family and friends to escape the culture and people she hates so much.

that sounds like a fun and good plan, haier, you should follow her cause yunnan owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
MAOIs interact badly with tons of stuff so be careful with them

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Jose posted:

Selective maois such as the Syrian rue don't have this problem and are safe. The worst you're gonna get from ayahuasca is a terrible bodyload that makes you wish you were dead not any actually danger

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jose posted:

Especially not liver, fava beans and a nice chianti.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Glenn Quebec posted:

If an maoi costs money then no, Haier didn't use it.

Was Haier miserly before he came to China or did seeing grandmas waiting in lines at 6am for free coffee influence him. Maybe he will take the worst part of China with him wherever he goes.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

E_P posted:

Maybe he will take the worst part of China with him wherever he goes.

Actually I'll think you'll find that only Western nations have STDs.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

E_P posted:

Was Haier miserly before he came to China or did seeing grandmas waiting in lines at 6am for free coffee influence him. Maybe he will take the worst part of China with him wherever he goes.

I have no idea but my favorite stories from him aren't when he's slamming some extremely hairy far eastern pussy but rather when he has visible and audible outrage at things like:

Paying for a date, assisting with directions, giving compliments to your date, eating somewhere for more than 12 RMB, maintaining eye contact, not reacting with complete derision at cultural differences etc. Etc.

Also when he stomach suddenly expands three sizes because he ate something. Or his 33km walks and the disdain he has when a girl tries to go on walks with him and can't keep up with his enormous treks because she's wearing something she considers cute and not practical to try and look attractive to him, which I'm almost sure he doesn't understand. Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

It's all so good. He's a completely idiosyncratic weirdo and easily one of my favorite people on this dead, gay forums.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

I have no idea but my favorite stories from him aren't when he's slamming some extremely hairy far eastern pussy but rather when he has visible and audible outrage at things like:

Paying for a date, assisting with directions, giving compliments to your date, eating somewhere for more than 12 RMB, maintaining eye contact, not reacting with complete derision at cultural differences etc. Etc.

Also when he stomach suddenly expands three sizes because he ate something. Or his 33km walks and the disdain he has when a girl tries to go on walks with him and can't keep up with his enormous treks because she's wearing something she considers cute and not practical to try and look attractive to him, which I'm almost sure he doesn't understand. Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

It's all so good. He's a completely idiosyncratic weirdo and easily one of my favorite people on this dead, gay forums.

:same:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Grand Fromage posted:

It's a sword. Every statue of him is the same. I am not sure why an admiral always has a sword but at least he doesn't have a lieship.

Swords are still part of an admiral's formal dress uniform in at least the US and Royal navies because naval officers absolutely carried swords back in the days of sail.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
the swords are so that if you run out of planes or missiles or giant bullets for your ship guns you can ram the other ship and cut a hole in the bottom with a sword. obviously this sort of attack favours the japanese, as they wield the katana which is designed to cut through all forms of steel easily and quickly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Oberleutnant posted:

the swords are so that if you run out of planes or missiles or giant bullets for your ship guns you can ram the other ship and cut a hole in the bottom with a sword. obviously this sort of attack favours the japanese, as they wield the katana which is designed to cut through all forms of steel easily and quickly.

With modern guns they're basically useless, but swords still got a lot of work in WWII. Enlistedmen, back in the day, would get swords with a curved blade while officers would have a straight one. It's reflected on the warfare devices for sailors still today in the US navy.

Enlisted:

Officer:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My cousin's an officer in the Singaporean Air Force and he got a sword too for some reason.

Was nifty seeing him cut his wedding cake with it though.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

My cousin's an officer in the Singaporean Air Force and he got a sword too for some reason.

Was nifty seeing him cut his wedding cake with it though.

It's so that if the plane runs out of bombs or bullets they can open the window, fly real close to stuff, and it it with the sword. In an emergency they can eject from the plane and have the sword ready for personal defence until search and rescue arrive. A sword provides excellent defence against modern small arms such as pistols, rifles, and is quite capable of slicing a tank barrel in half.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hB19tHMS94

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
here's someone born in hong kong who fought during WW2 with a sword. he also killed someone with a long bow during the war

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Is this where y'all wanna be when Jesus comes back? Picking on poor little Haier Dirt?

Tonight my boss asked me over for dinner with her family, as is usual on holidays in China (since they all revolve around very specific but small food items), and so we ate zongzi and some sort of noodle tofu thing she made. Part of the way through the meal, her daughter burst into the house with three of her friends, all wearing swimsuits, goggles, hair caps, sopping wet towels, etc. The closest swimming public pool is about 1km away, so LOL at them walking all the way back without showering and changing at the pool. They're all age 12-13, so they are old enough to be conscious about this, but I guess not.

Her and her friends are wearing the same watch. I asked why they all had bought the same wrist watch. "It's our gay watch." "Your what?" "GAY WATCH. We are now all gay, and in a gay club." "You're in a gay club? Wow." "So we wear the gay watch, because anyone in the gay club wears the gay watch!"

I'm LOLing, her mom is eye rolling, and to make the gay watch come true, they all immediately run to the bathroom and lock the door and turn on the shower. Now there's four naked girls shrieking and screaming in the bathroom for about 30 minutes while we're eating and talking. I was in the dining room still finishing and my boss was in the living, and I hear her screaming at them about something. Apparently their towels were too wet, and my boss's house didn't have enough extra towels, so they were all walking between the bathroom and daughter's room naked. My boss was freaking out, not wanting me or her husband to see naked children running around.

Anyway, I don't think my boss would care at all if her daughter was a lesbian, but I know it's just some dumb club they started to be dumb kids.

Escape Addict posted:

Did you take it with an MAOI? What did you use for that, Syrian Rue?
All I've read about Confusa is that it works fine without an MAOI, with an average ride time of about an hour. Using Syrian Rue extends that to about 3-4 hours. I took some without the Rue and it definitely worked fine. She took with the Rue, but drank a baby sip followed by a chug of soda, wait 10-30 minutes, another baby sip, etc. She also started eating, which was dumb. Anyway, she wants to try again. I told her to buy that Miracle Fruit that makes bitter stuff taste sweet. We'll see how she does next time.

Jeoh posted:

that sounds like a fun and good plan, haier, you should follow her cause yunnan owns
AIDS capital of China.

E_P posted:

I am not the kind of foreigner that runs around spending tons of money because of the exchange rate or "it's cheaper than my country." I had that habit before, but at some point India wrecked me on that and I adopted local spending habits. I am even more stingey in India, except for when I invite my friends out to a restaurant. When it's just a bunch of dudes, paying for big meals is fine. I came to a point where I felt like spending money for dates or sex is dumb as heck, and I wanted to see how little I could spend when out with women. I used to go on a lot of dates, and that definitely adds up if you want to pay for all of them.

Glenn Quebec posted:

LMAOOO

Mr. Nice! posted:

Swords are still part of an admiral's formal dress uniform in at least the US and Royal navies because naval officers absolutely carried swords back in the days of sail.
Off-on-topic, a sword shop just opened up last week in my building. I haven't gone in to look yet, but I was surprised as heck to see the sign go up.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

What is this thing?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Warbadger posted:

What is this thing?

It's a retard. It says so right on the box.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Warbadger posted:

What is this thing?

"retard"
"excite man"

It's an instructional video that teaches you how to work from home.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Warbadger posted:

What is this thing?

it stops guys from having a hair cave trigger

http://yalai0769.com/Product-221.htm

Rusty Rickshaw
Apr 30, 2008

Blistex posted:

"retard"
"excite man"

It's an instructional video that teaches you how to work from home.

Thank you for this post

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Locusts at Angkor Wat for generic sunrise photo.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

That's insane.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

"No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded" is a bit of a joke statement but in most places there's some truth to it. If people know that trendy restaurant is always busy, especially at certain hours, they either won't go or they'll go at an off-peak time. I know the grocery store near me gets super busy right after work as everyone does their shopping on their way home, so I only go before or after. I know certain beaches or parks can get unpleasantly crowded in certain seasons so I go to others instead. I assumed this was just basic logic and wanting to avoid unpleasant situations common to all humans, but from the stories in this thread as well as some personal anecdotes it seems to just not be a thing in mainland china? It's almost like the more busy and crowded a thing is obviously that means it's the correct place to go at that time so always go when it's the most crowded? Tradition says to go to such and such park on such and such holiday to relax, even if it's so ridiculously crowded it's a deeply unpleasant experience yet because everyone is out of town some local parks are now extremely quiet and nice?

There seems to be a real bad mix of herd mentality and tradition dictating what people do, rather than people thinking for them selves and using observable facts to come to conclusions based on their goals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

That's insane.

It was already bad 10 years ago, but now it's super bad I guess

• Locked thread