Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Manatee Cannon posted:

someone passing out means there's gonna be a spider-man/mole man team up and you can't convince me otherwise

As long as that priest he hired is brought in too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he was inevitably gonna team up with someone better at being a super hero than himself. it is kind of unexpected that it would be mole man, is all.

Yeah doesn't seem like he's here to do villainy, the long awaited spider man mole man team up is happening.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please tell me Mole Man's last name is actually man, and his full name is Melvin Man :allears:

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I keep forgetting that Aunt May actually really likes Mole Man and was only stopped from marrying him because of her bad lungs. The previous Mole Man arc was really just Spiderman doing his best to stop a relationship between two consenting adults.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Please tell me Mole Man's last name is actually man, and his full name is Melvin Man :allears:

Melvin "Morocco" Mole

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Jesus look at those fat gutters. That's about 2 panels worth of white space!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's always been like this. It's supposed to go into newspapers, so that gives the newspaper guys a lot of room to cut and rearrange the layout. Same reason why the first row is always some recycled stuff that can simply be cut entirely without losing anything.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
In "proper" continuity his name isn't even Melvin.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

he was inevitably gonna team up with someone better at being a super hero than himself. it is kind of unexpected that it would be mole man, is all.

Maybe this will be like the Dr. Octopus mind-swap story from the regular comics and Mole Man will become the Subterranean Spider-Man.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
What really weirds me out is that this is newspaper-specific continuity and that they're actively using it. I kind of expect anything that happens in Newspaper Spider-man to disappear into the ether once the next story starts.

Also, Aunt May is so happy to see Mole Man :3:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Zero_Tactility posted:

What really weirds me out is that this is newspaper-specific continuity and that they're actively using it. I kind of expect anything that happens in Newspaper Spider-man to disappear into the ether once the next story starts.

Also, Aunt May is so happy to see Mole Man :3:

It seems like this has always been the case. I took out a copy from the library of the first couple years of newspaper strips over the weekend, and there are some nods to comic continuity (the second story involves Doc Ock and Aunt May having had a history) but there's all sorts of stuff about MJ leaving town and Pete dating other random girls.

I'll see if I can scan a bit of it. Might be a challenge because all the comics are printed horizontally for some reason. One great thing it has is the original trial submissions from when Stan and John Romita were pitching the strip. It looks like he did those before Gwen Stacy was killed, so we almost ended up with an alternate newspaper continuity where Gwen was alive, which would have been crazy as hell.

Also, the Sunday throwaway panels have literally been the same since the comic started in 1977.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Is getting bashed in the shins better than punched in the face?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Jerusalem posted:

Sadly, he doesn't follow that particular trope. On the other hand, his real name is apparently Harvey Rupert Elder, which - y'know, I'd seriously consider going by Mole Man with a name like that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

FredMSloniker posted:

Harvey Rupert Elder

He's the Holy Roman Moleman Emperor.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

PoptartsNinja posted:

He's the Holy Romoleman Emperor.

FTFY

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

In the Ultimate universe, Mole Man's name was Arthur Molekovic, so a rare situation where a character created in the 60's has a less on the nose name than a character from the 2000s.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Unfortunately newspaper Jonah isn't best Jonah, because Spidey Super Stories Jonah exists.

Same applies to Spidey Super Stories Doom.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So shocked to see Melvin, the newspapers say, that ol' Aunt May's head grew three sizes that day.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Next: DOUBLE DATE

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To be really generous to Peter, it is a leap to guess Mary Jane would fly her aunt-in-law cross-country for a TV interview.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"What am I doing here in Hollywood? Why I'm here to promote my new film! Underground movies are really popular right now."

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Synthbuttrange posted:

Next: DOUBLE DATE

Someone make an mp4 of the last panel zooming in slowly on Peter and MJ as the theme from curb your enthusiasm plays

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

?!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Now to find out if we're dealing with Tyrannus, Son of Mole Man, or something decidedly more odd and Newspaper Spider-Manish

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yesss we're teaming up with Mole Man.

Bless you Newspaper Spiderman.

Mover posted:

Now to find out if we're dealing with Tyrannus, Son of Mole Man, or something decidedly more odd and Newspaper Spider-Manish

I'm sorry but I have a problem with Mole Man having a son because that implies he's ever successfully touched a woman.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mover posted:

Don't be ridiculous.

Mole Man's son is named Mole Monster, and he is an actual half-man half-mole creature. But he first appeared in 2013 so there's no way in hell he shows up in NSM.

e: Oh I misread that as Tyrannus, the Son of Mole Man. Yeah I'd put money on it being some sort of Deviant.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 30, 2017

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

What if the mole people held a fair, democratic election and chose one of their own in a bid for self-governance. But it turns out Mole Man is backed by the CIA

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Mover posted:

What if the mole people held a fair, democratic election and chose one of their own in a bid for self-governance. But it turns out Mole Man is backed by the CIA

"You know, all the oil IS underground..."

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Damnit! That priest overthrew him and has established a Fourth Rome under the Earth!

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Mole Man, most people have "no other place to go" besides the entire surface of the Earth.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dude with a sensitivity to light decides to hang out in California.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mover posted:

Presenting Max TV's Newspaper's son of TV's Newspaper's Mole Man.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Most likely it's Tyrannus as he's another Stan the Man creation. Outside chance of the FF showing up towards the end of the arc to bat cleanup and tell Peter what a fuckup he is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lobok posted:

Dude with a sensitivity to light decides to hang out in California.

Sun factor may be high, but dryness factor is exactly like his cave if not more.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Twist: Sabretooth decided to take over the underground, Spidey, Mole Man and Wolverine are going to team up to stop him

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

So they're tying this into a plot from Nova's book, 3 years ago?
That is the most Newspaper Spider-Man-y timing ever since that plot point is forgotten and the series in question is cancelled in a week.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Guy on the right is so excited about this

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, i was mistaken. obviously peter's superhero team-up is with the guy on the right.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More like his face teaming up with the guy's fist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Synthbuttrange posted:

Guy on the right is so excited about this

he's got a fetish for being beaten up by midgets, dont kinkshame

• Locked thread