Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

ps4 chat: apparently you can get a free ddevil right now, so that's cool i guess? since they hosed you over on everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Lozareth posted:

Ouch for the few of us still playing that used the cosmic movement reset affix:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/323119/cosmic-movement-affix-change#latest

It's changed on TC to a 60s cooldown and only restores 1 charge.

Marvel Heroes Omega: Doesn't this go too far into the direction of uselessness?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lozareth posted:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/323119/cosmic-movement-affix-change#latest

Nice havin' fun with ya, Mr. Boltagon.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I bought the War Machine pack which was like $18 with tax. I got:

War Machine + boring costume
500 in game currency ( Bought Squirrel Girl with that )
Got 375 shards + another 500 in the mail so after playing a bit I can buy 1-2 more heroes
Got Dare Devil + some lame costume

So 4-5 heroes total for $18.

This game definitely has lovely rear end micro transactions, like inventory stash upgrades and +ultimate powers. The amount of content and options I got for $20bux seems pretty generous. For me the real issue is the story is really lame, the things to do at max level currently don't seem very fun and getting characters to max level after the first one isn't very fun either.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lozareth posted:

Why do you hate fun Gaz?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I bought the War Machine pack which was like $18 with tax. I got:

War Machine + boring costume
500 in game currency ( Bought Squirrel Girl with that )
Got 375 shards + another 500 in the mail so after playing a bit I can buy 1-2 more heroes
Got Dare Devil + some lame costume

So 4-5 heroes total for $18.

This game definitely has lovely rear end micro transactions, like inventory stash upgrades and +ultimate powers. The amount of content and options I got for $20bux seems pretty generous. For me the real issue is the story is really lame, the things to do at max level currently don't seem very fun and getting characters to max level after the first one isn't very fun either.

What pack was that? I dont see any that mention in game currency.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why do you hate fun Gaz?

they dont hate fun, in fact, to get a job there you have to eat a whole bag of funsize snickers while asros times you

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

they dont hate fun, in fact, to get a job there you have to eat a whole bag of funsize snickers while asros times you

I could do this. Idling in game hoping a groot squad leader happens to come on.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Kea posted:

I could do this. Idling in game hoping a groot squad leader happens to come on.

I just sent an invite.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Lozareth posted:

Rip semi permanent sig juggernaut that bruts for 1.47 mil a second. You were too beautiful for this cruel world

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Can I get an invite as well? Name in game is PyroDwarf. I'll be on for a bit tonight. I'm Rocket Raccoon because last time I played was when Guardians Vol. 1 came out and I'm a bandwagonner.
Also, tips on rocket would be nice, currently running this turret/mini-gun build

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Kea posted:

What pack was that? I dont see any that mention in game currency.

$20 packs give 500G.

I picked up Captain Marvel with my splinters, and she's pretty awesome.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

$20 packs give 500G.

I picked up Captain Marvel with my splinters, and she's pretty awesome.

Good to know, I feel like I may end up spending a bit of cash but I will wait for the anniversary. I did buy another stash tab though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

PS4 chat, so apparently I didn't get the free 500 splinters for being a closed beta tester & logging in right away or whatever that was, and I also only got 400 splinters from the tutorial instead of the 525 it's supposed to give. A+ game. I guess my only options are Angela, squirrel girl or nova then?

Edit: lmao so you can't buy or play iron fist or war machine at all if you didn't buy the founders pack in closed beta? :wtc:

Hauki fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 29, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hauki posted:

Edit: lmao so you can't buy or play iron fist or war machine at all if you didn't buy the founders pack in closed beta? :wtc:

Asros thinks he's War Machine. No way he's just gonna let any scrublord play him.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lmao

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Indeed. Asros is an African American lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps who served tours of duty in Vietnam. As a combat pilot, Asros was stranded in the jungle behind enemy lines after his helicopter was shot down by Viet Cong rocket fire. In captivity, Asros encountered David Brevik, who escaped a terrible family vacation in southeast Asia with Junglequeen and hid inside Wong-Chu' prison camp where he could drink Pruno (jail hooch) in peace. Defeating the Viet Cong soldiers in a hotdog eating contest, Asros and Brevik returned to Gaz headquarters in San Mateo, where Brevik offered him the job of lead developer of Marvel Heroes.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gibbering Madness posted:

Indeed. Asros is an

y'all this poo poo is getting weird, lets not do this any more

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Indeed. Asros is an African American lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps who served tours of duty in Vietnam. As a combat pilot, Asros was stranded in the jungle behind enemy lines after his helicopter was shot down by Viet Cong rocket fire. In captivity, Asros encountered David Brevik, who escaped a terrible family vacation in southeast Asia with Junglequeen and hid inside Wong-Chu' prison camp where he could drink Pruno (jail hooch) in peace. Defeating the Viet Cong soldiers in a hotdog eating contest, Asros and Brevik returned to Gaz headquarters in San Mateo, where Brevik offered him the job of lead developer of Marvel Heroes.

i like heroes who dont get captured

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

y'all this poo poo is getting weird, lets not do this any more

james jim rhodey rhodes jr isnt a real person

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Indeed. Asros is a hotdog

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Indeed. Asros is hot

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W2gVF4_9fc

neat video about gaz 2.0 featuring yogidad being exactly as expected

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

All hail Yogidad!!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Man yogidad is stiff as a board. Dude is the CEO stereotype to a T.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Man yogidad is stiff as a board. Dude is the CEO stereotype to a T.

Would you say he is 6 to midnight???

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yogidad only comes alive when asked questions about picnic baskets or robbing banks in dead president masks to fund his dream of an endless summer

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Looking for people to play on PS4 with. The game is kind of boring without using mics. PSN is HairlipCraven.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:sigh: He doesn't sigh nearly enough for me to take him seriously. :sigh:

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
So I got Hulk to 60 and now I don't really know what to do. I've got a bunch of Danger Room Scenarios stockpiled (should I even have saved all these things?), or I could do patrols or something I guess, but I don't have anything pulling me in one direction or another. What's next after hitting 60? Looking on the MH forums I see some builds and gear, but nobody seems to mention the Infinity System much, is it not very important to the strength of the hero? Or is it just so obvious to dump points into a specific stat for each character that nobody bothers to talk about it?

I took a chance on a random hero and landed Moon Knight. Up to 30 on him so far and he seems more fun to play than Hulk, might stick with him for a bit. I do seem to be leveling quite a bit faster, though I can't really figure out why since none of my synergy points so far have anything to do with experience gains.

Speaking of experience, what's the deal with the various experience bars? The thin one on top doesn't display any xp amount and fills quickly, but to no apparent benefit, the bottom has a dark part and a light part and shows how much xp to level, but doesn't say what the dark/light areas are. I assume it's something like in WOW where you gain more experience while rested.

Also, can I get an invite to the group so I can bug you all with dumb questions there? Name is Inspector34 in game.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Infinity is pretty simple. You basically just see if you want any of the total point bonuses, then if your hero doesn't have the attribute in that tree as primary attribute you choose between the four other options which is always simple because -0.1% cooldown on your Ultimate is trash regardless of your character. You do that until you hit the total point bonuses in each tree that you want, then you're either dumping into Critical Damage or your best primary attribute. That or like everyone on the official forums all you do is look up someone's build on Marvelheroes.info and copy those point allocations.

Every character you level gives you an experience synergy - your first 60 gives you a permanent +30% experience gain. At four level 60s you'll have +75%, and thereafter every level 60 gives you +5% until a +200% maximum.

The experience bars - it's just broken into blobs, with the top line being a representation of just one blob on the line below to try and trick you into thinking it's going faster than it is. I'm not sure what the dark/light areas are, it's been a while since I've seen an xp bar.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Someone compiled anniversary event stuff:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/323114/4th-anniversary-stuff-and-changes-updated-29-05-2017-new/p1

Some nice things to farm like cake with a random cosmic artifact plus other nice stuff and boxes of 500 eternity splinters.

http://i.imgur.com/lxvXcMW.png

Looks like a new BiS for everyone and probably destined to get tuned back down.

I like what I see for the Helicarrier's abilities and can't wait to test them.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 30, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
That's a ridiculous arti

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

This is a ridiculous game

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
The prospect of logging into this game for the anniversary event is preposterous

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
As my friends are playing this on PS4 (because none of them own computers apparently) does anyone know the actual difference between Iron Man and War Machine? I don't mind buying the WM pack on PSN if I need to because I'll just spend the 500Gs on inventory space, but if IM/WM's kits are pretty much copy/pastes then I want to make sure I don't end up grabbing IM too.

Spent a good deal of my PC playtime playing as Stark, but I never really hit endgame so I can't really draw any conclusions from that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

PS4 version doesn't seem to have Adam Warlock and the random hero boxes. I am not happy. Otherwise, I've been having a lot of fun.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Open Marriage Night posted:

PS4 version doesn't seem to have Adam Warlock and the random hero boxes. I am not happy. Otherwise, I've been having a lot of fun.
Smart money's on the hero boxes not being in because they haven't landed on the proper price point yet. Less smart but equally possible money is on Gazillion literally not putting them in.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I loved watching that video with the CEO. He literally gives no shits that there is a PC playerbase. He literally had the easiest puzzle in the history of the games industry - how do you make a marvel game where you punch dudes? And his only answer was "make it for console!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Lozareth posted:

Someone compiled anniversary event stuff:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/323114/4th-anniversary-stuff-and-changes-updated-29-05-2017-new/p1

Some nice things to farm like cake with a random cosmic artifact plus other nice stuff and boxes of 500 eternity splinters.

http://i.imgur.com/lxvXcMW.png

Looks like a new BiS for everyone and probably destined to get tuned back down.

I like what I see for the Helicarrier's abilities and can't wait to test them.

Yay - the two artifacts I missed are only 300 cake slices each