Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

K8.0 posted:

Morde rework was good and they panicked way too hard on its release. For all the whining people constantly do about them, marksman are the only archetype that have never averaged below 2 per game, and even at many of their supposed "weak" points it's common to see 3-4 in any given game. They need to be doing more stuff that shakes the game up like that, not less (and to be fair, they've done a pretty good job with most of the reworks for the past few years).

The Morde rework was literally the worst thing Riot has ever done to League of Legends. Once they dropped the solo-lane xp poo poo off it it was fine, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the worst thing riot ever did was actually a toss up between release zyra and when everyone was playing tank bork yasuo at a 30ish winrate and instead of telling people to get good they just buffed his already overturned kit

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Sexpansion posted:

The Morde rework was literally the worst thing Riot has ever done to League of Legends. Once they dropped the solo-lane xp poo poo off it it was fine, though.

I dunno man, they turned Noted Burst Mage Sion into some kind of Bruiser.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ap sion was actually degenerate gameplay though he had one button

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

ap sion was actually degenerate gameplay though he had one button

Boner King had one button for a decade or more, and he was just fine :colbert:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ap sion was taken from us before he ever found out who his summoner was, or what he did. and i think that's a tragedy

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I will always have fond memories of playing Sion+Blitzcrank bottom lanes and murdering dudes over and over before Riot decided that the Euro Lane was the one true eternal bottom lane comp.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Boner King had one button for a decade or more, and he was just fine :colbert:

wrong idiot he had three his stun his arm let and his refresher orb

Lovechop posted:

ap sion was taken from us before he ever found out who his summoner was, or what he did. and i think that's a tragedy

yo ho ho and a bottle of...... rum!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

wrong idiot he had three his stun his arm let and his refresher orb

You forgot about his Treads!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

You forgot about his Treads!

full build is refresher orb armlet battle fury and three rapiers and if they can kill someone who aoe crits for 3 thousand damage with lifesteal three times you were going to lose the game anyway

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

full build is refresher orb armlet battle fury and three rapiers and if they can kill someone who aoe crits for 3 thousand damage with lifesteal three times you were going to lose the game anyway

I don't think he even has the mana to stun, die, orb, lmao. Someone has %100 tried this though

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
The worst thing Riot has done is get rid of emote spam. Nasus's taunt and legendary skin laugh were my personal favorites but take your pick.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

yeah the XP part of it was the most janky and heavy-handed thing they've ever done. People in this thread like to complain about Riot forcing champions into certain roles but that was the next-level version of it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
As a counterpoint, people were freaking out that Ziggs would be FORCED out of bot lane because Riot HATES new things

When actually the response was "seems p cool" and the fad of Ziggs bot passed pretty uneventfully because it had its own distinct strengths (burst damage, early tower pushing) and weaknesses (pitifully low late-game teamfight damage compared to ADC)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/05/riot-pls-runes-reforged-and-honor-update/

Runes and masteries update info.

e: thank god, runes will be totally free for all players in the new system

e2: there will be some form of rebate for people who bought runes/pages with IP

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 30, 2017

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

as long as riot promotes carry yunglers like kindred and the fabled jungle twitch the prospects for stuff like morde and ziggs bot is good and extremely healthy for the game. right now the support role is aces and they just need to work on making diverse picking the future because right now league is the second most fun i have ever had with it, just under mid season 2

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/05/riot-pls-runes-reforged-and-honor-update/

Could you sum this up by any chance? I can't play the video at work

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Runes and masteries will be combined. There will now be keystone rune, major rune, and minor rune. Examples given were a keystone of 60% attack speed after being in combat for five seconds, a major that's basically Help Pix (dunno what button you'd press to activate it), and a minor that turns excess healing into a shield. Runes will be free

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

Runes and masteries are being combined into one big system, you have one keystone rune that does something really big (mega attack speed above cap every one in a while, little pet who follows you around and shields allies/hurts enemies, etc.) and some minor runes that enable specific playstyles (their examples is a rune that lets you get overhealed). Runes can be reconfigured during champ select, all runes will be free.

They're also redoing the honor system to let you honor someone after every game (like Overwatch, they don't explicitly say that of course) and rewards will be tied to honor.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Honor system will prompt you to honor one teammate postgame. You'll level up honor similar to mastery system. Keys will only drop through honor. You can get demoted in honor (implied that it's by getting reported)

Honor system will be released 7.13

Voice chat is getting worked on

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rygar201 posted:

Runes and masteries are being combined, so pre-game you'll pick a few minor runes, a few major runes and a keystone. One of the example new keystones they showed was a 60% attack speed boost if you're in a long fight. There will also be some kind of refund system for the shitloads of IP you've spent on runes.

Honour also getting updated to rip off the Overwatch/HotS post game cards, will determine key shard drops now so look forward to people raging in post game because they didn't get honoured.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sexpansion posted:

Moving toward a new WoW system for Runes/Masteries, making it easier to switch out before matches and making the Keystones more powerful. Examples were:
Berserker, a keystone that increases you attack speed while in combat and lets you temporarily bypass the attack speed cap
Perkzie, a "pet" that can either shield or harm enemies

New major runes:
Overheal, which gives characters with self healing or Sona/Soraka types gives characters a shield

All runes will be completely free from now on. There will be a "plan" to "reward" players with lots of runes and rune pages. Will launch in November

New honor screen launches after the nexus explodes, you can honor one team mate. The new honors are:
"Stayed Cool" for people who were camped hard or had a bad game but didn't give up
"Great Shotcalling"
"GG <3" which is your general "fun to play with" honor

Key fragments now drop exclusively through the honor system, so they're making it "matter" to "reward" players for being good players.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Well now that five people have summarized it

I think the changes are extremely Good

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Hope you're not a salty, tilty rear end in a top hat, because since Key Fragments are going to be related to the new honour system, you ain't getting poo poo. I can see that one going down well on the forums with such a stellar gaming community full of sensible people.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

I think the changes are extremely Good

agreed, comrade

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

These are all Good Changes, but as someone with a poo poo Load (TM) of IP invested into Runes and Pages I hope the compensation for those are also Good.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sounds interesting, I'm all up for it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can i play full regen runes Soraka tho

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So could someone summarize that video again please?

I hope this honor system sticks better. The little ribbons were a neat addition that kept people from being shitheads for a little bit but once folks figured out it wasn't that special, it went back to business as usual.

I really hope they take an infinitely long time to implement voice because if executed poorly will be a Very lovely Thing

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I will immediately turn off voice chat as soon as they add it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'll just play oppa gangnam style in voicechat

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I actually think this honor system might work to make the game less salty

Like, this is the first time I can think of tangible rewards for not being a dick besides some garbage icon 2 years ago

League finally almost at the point where it's the game it should have been originally

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Kokoro Wish posted:

Hope you're not a salty, tilty rear end in a top hat, because since Key Fragments are going to be related to the new honour system, you ain't getting poo poo. I can see that one going down well on the forums with such a stellar gaming community full of sensible people.

I checked the video comments. Basically everybody was like 'this is Extremely Good (TM)' and the only worry was if tiltlords and shitters could report you on purpose to lower your honor level. These changes seem like they're a homerun tbqh, really solid stuff all around.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My only concern is that, with so much power budget in the few runes, champion power is going to swing wildly on the power levels of those runes. It'll be like the Courage of the Colossus patch, but way more. If the default Keystone For ADCs (probably Berserk, from that preview) is that powerful, then what's an unusual pick like Jhin going to do? Until a few patches ago, Nunu didn't have a decent keystone; under the new system, not being able to make use of one effectively seems like it'll be an absolute death sentence.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
VelkozAlways: maybe
VelkozAlways: but to people like GP
VelkozAlways: they rather just
VelkozAlways: be the cool guy
VelkozAlways: that plays games for "fun"
VelkozAlways: yep
VelkozAlways: hes that kinda loser

i'm the kinda loser that plays videogames for fun

you heard it here first

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Can I still choose not to play with runes/masteries for the extra challenge?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

frajaq posted:

Can I still choose not to play with runes/masteries for the extra challenge?

Please don't do this to your team friend.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Servaetes posted:

So could someone summarize that video again please?

I hope this honor system sticks better. The little ribbons were a neat addition that kept people from being shitheads for a little bit but once folks figured out it wasn't that special, it went back to business as usual.

I really hope they take an infinitely long time to implement voice because if executed poorly will be a Very lovely Thing

Not only that but you'd have people being nice only long enough to get a ribbon before going back to being shitlords. Then people realized that the ribbons did gently caress all, people quit giving out honor because :effort: after it quit being shiny and new, and the constant spamming of "honor plz" just got stupid. Then some people got mad that ribbons could go away, 90% of them were green anyway, and there was no real reward for it. It also led to people being all "why are you reporting me? I'm not toxic I have a ribbon!" It was really a dumb system.

This new one sounds way better but good lord are the forums going to catch fire from people screaming about it. "But but if I call my teammates awful things and tell them to kill themselves I won't get free skins!"

Good. I hope those people all rage quit over it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

kingcobweb posted:

My only concern is that, with so much power budget in the few runes, champion power is going to swing wildly on the power levels of those runes. It'll be like the Courage of the Colossus patch, but way more. If the default Keystone For ADCs (probably Berserk, from that preview) is that powerful, then what's an unusual pick like Jhin going to do? Until a few patches ago, Nunu didn't have a decent keystone; under the new system, not being able to make use of one effectively seems like it'll be an absolute death sentence.

I'm sure they're going to have multiple runes that will work for the weird characters in particular roles. Yeah, Fervor is the sustained ADC staple but Jhin continues to prefer DFT and DFT is typically a caster keystone. They haven't announced anything outside of that little bit but if berseker is the measure of a strong ADC rune everyone is gonna have something that is nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

I'm sure they're going to have multiple runes that will work for the weird characters in particular roles. Yeah, Fervor is the sustained ADC staple but Jhin continues to prefer DFT and DFT is typically a caster keystone. They haven't announced anything outside of that little bit but if berseker is the measure of a strong ADC rune everyone is gonna have something that is nuts

I know it'll level out in the end, but I'm forecasting a really rough preseason when the new keystones are in and champions haven't been balanced around them yet.

• Locked thread