Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Golden Freeza is stronger than SSJB, at least in a short burst. Cell, at best, is a SSJ2 level, and at that point you may as well grab Future Trunks because he gets along with the team.

yeah power levels are extremely important in the tourney master roshi and tien are gonna be fighting in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah power levels are extremely important in the tourney master roshi and tien are gonna be fighting in

They are when the thing you're trying to replace is raw power. That's what Buu brings to the table more than anything, the fact that he's one of the most powerful things in the universe.

Cell literally cannot help with that.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

okay i'll make my point more clearly: this whole conversation is stupid and constantly talking about power levels is stupid

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

If Freeza had any time to mediate or whatever in Hell, he could have mastered Golden Form in his stupid cocoon. If he did that, he'd be able to stay in it without drawbacks and just be way stronger than everyone else.

Except maybe Goku using Kaio Ken.

Freeza doesn't have to have mastered poo poo. He is dead. Goku thought SSJ3 was hot poo poo because of how powerful it was when he was dead, the drawback only became apparent with a living body.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

They are when the thing you're trying to replace is raw power. That's what Buu brings to the table more than anything, the fact that he's one of the most powerful things in the universe.

Cell literally cannot help with that.

They have a several hours left, Cell could just blow himself up a few times to make up the difference in power.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Brother Entropy posted:

Roshi's still a wild card. While he was possessed by witchcraft, he was keeping up with Goku pretty easily. Motherfucker's been alive for centuries and has a lot weird-rear end mystical powers.

Tien will clear half of the enemy participants in one shot of SHIN KIKOUHOU, which will also leave him open to be merc'd by Frost or someone.

Cabba will try to duel with his interdimensional crush, Vegeta, but will be backhanded out of the way by Kale, who recognizes Vegeta as a prime specimen of alpha Saiyan, but also swapped from sub to dom just like Broly does.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I know it'll never happen, but it'd be kinda funny if Freeza was all like, "gently caress you, monkey!" so they end up having to recruit Yamcha, who somehow ends up saving all the universes

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Frieza's condition will obviously be that if he is the last man standing he gets the wish.

Goku will beat Jiren, and Goku and Frieza will be the last ones standing.

Frieza then proceeds to push Goku out of the ring and enter the next arc of Super: King of All Frieza

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 30, 2017

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Buu was one of the most powerful, yeah, but he was also the most versatile member of the team, possibly of the whole tournament. They could turn him into a big pile of sentient slop that covered the ring that people would have to try and mop off. That's probably why he's written out; knocking him out of the ring would be near impossible for even the god level people if he got tricky enough, so you'd have to write him as staying solid and incredibly stupid, which wastes him even being there.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darko posted:

Buu was one of the most powerful, yeah, but he was also the most versatile member of the team, possibly of the whole tournament. They could turn him into a big pile of sentient slop that covered the ring that people would have to try and mop off. That's probably why he's written out; knocking him out of the ring would be near impossible for even the god level people if he got tricky enough, so you'd have to write him as staying solid and incredibly stupid, which wastes him even being there.

I think Buus biggest asset is his healing powers (assuming its against the rules to absorb people). He's like Piccolo and Dende all in one.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

lezard_valeth posted:

Frieza's condition will obviously be that if he is the last man standing he gets the wish.

Goku will beat Jiren, and Goku and Frieza will be the last ones standing.

Frieza then proceeds to push Goku out of the ring and enter the next arc of Super: King of All Frieza
That's surprisingly reasonable and I could even see Frieza pinky-swearing he won't do anything bad and even taking pains to be a 'team player' for a couple of moments. Just to set that up.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Darko posted:

I mean it also makes perfect sense for Buu to not be smart about using his powers, because Buu is an idiot when he hasn't absorbed anyone.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I mean it also makes perfect sense for Buu to not be smart about using his powers, because Buu is an idiot when he hasn't absorbed anyone.

Have Buu absorb Bulma.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Frieza and Cell basically have the same thing that Buu would have brought to the team, which is they're all incredibly hard to put down. Not even considering power levels, these are folks that can be blown up or sliced in two and keep on going like it's nothing. Tenacity to survive is a valuable trait that the show's been explicitly pushing in the last few episodes. Yamcha or even Future Trunks isn't going to contribute that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can't blow up or slice anyone in half in the tournament of power. being hard to kill is kinda irrelevant when one of the rules is "don't kill each other or you're out"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Freiza is gonna make this poo poo interesting and hosed up that's why he's there, gently caress Cell and his dull rear end template stacking

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Just give me Frieza vs LSSJ Cale (Kale?). That's all that I want.

edit: Frieza insulting all the U6 Saiyans and Frost because the U6 Saiyans aren't dead will be fun.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I want Frieza to have a nervous breakdown during the tournament when he realizes there's just straight up like 20 super saiyans present. What the gently caress happened while I was gone?!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Glagha posted:

I want Frieza to have a nervous breakdown during the tournament when he realizes there's just straight up like 20 super saiyans present. What the gently caress happened while I was gone?!

"Sorry, Frieza, you're not dealing with the average Saiyan race anymore...." "Oh gently caress OFF."

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Frieza didn't freak out about Gohan or Vegeta being a Super Saiyan so I doubt he's going to be affected

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Isn't he more popular in the West as well? I hear more talk of Frieza being the best DBZ villain than Cell at least.

Probably. I've never seen western popularity polls or the like though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

More people watched DB during the Frieza Saga than Cell by a mile. Those repeats were a meme before we knew what memes were.

Aurora posted:

Frieza didn't freak out about Gohan or Vegeta being a Super Saiyan so I doubt he's going to be affected

His whole freak out he had before he decided to blow the earth up was because Vegeta was so much stronger and just as strong as Goku now. He could handle Goku as he was just one person but that pissy child Vegeta of all people actually gaining that type of strength hosed him up.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hjalmar posted:

Frieza and Cell basically have the same thing that Buu would have brought to the team, which is they're all incredibly hard to put down. Not even considering power levels, these are folks that can be blown up or sliced in two and keep on going like it's nothing. Tenacity to survive is a valuable trait that the show's been explicitly pushing in the last few episodes. Yamcha or even Future Trunks isn't going to contribute that.

Yamcha survived being tagged by Champa, what more do you want from him?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yamcha survived being tagged by Champa, what more do you want from him?

History will look favorably on the baseball episode, but you can't argue that what Yamcha is best known for isn't

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Hjalmar posted:

History will look favorably on the baseball episode, but you can't argue that what Yamcha is best known for isn't

This is high art.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

This is high art.

No its pie art.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I would watch a whole season of Yamcha getting beaten to near death with a crying Puar watching.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Macksy posted:

I would watch a whole season of Yamcha getting beaten to near death with a crying Puar watching.

Puar doesn't deserve this. :colbert:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Freeza is strong and durable, bring him along. Then kick Tien off the team, instant transmission to Namek to get their dragon balls, revive Cell, do the Super Saiyan God ritual to power him up, bring him along too, and tell him to make a bunch of Cell jr.s as soon as the tournament starts. Use the second wish from the Namek balls to rebuild Bulma's time machine so they can go get Trunks, kick Roshi off the team, and bring him along as well. Use the third wish to revive King Kai.

It's like they don't even want to win this thing.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Freeza is strong and durable, bring him along. Then kick Tien off the team, instant transmission to Namek to get their dragon balls, revive Cell, do the Super Saiyan God ritual to power him up, bring him along too, and tell him to make a bunch of Cell jr.s as soon as the tournament starts. Use the second wish from the Namek balls to rebuild Bulma's time machine so they can go get Trunks, kick Roshi off the team, and bring him along as well. Use the third wish to revive King Kai.

It's like they don't even want to win this thing.

I was completely on board with this plan till that part

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

use the third wish to revive bubbles and gregory

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

use the third wish to revive king cold

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Or actually follow Champa's "more saiyans" idea since it was a good one.

Use the third wish to revive Raditz, cut his tail, Special Beam Cannon him a couple of times while Kibito/Dende heals him for zenkai boosts and you are good to go...

...Raditz wasn't filler, right?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Well, I mean, they could grow Raditzes...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

Or actually follow Champa's "more saiyans" idea since it was a good one.

Use the third wish to revive Raditz, cut his tail, Special Beam Cannon him a couple of times while Kibito/Dende heals him for zenkai boosts and you are good to go...

The Earth Dragonballs can revive a whole planet with one wish. Vegita could have brought his race back any time he wanted to.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If you were a Sayian would you want to bring the rest of those savages back?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

RBX posted:

The more you bring back the more likely you are to find enough to agree to do the god ki ritual for you

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

RBX posted:

On the other hand Bulma queen of the Sayains

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dexo posted:

On the other hand Bulma queen of the Sayains

why would anyone in universe want this to happen

why would VEGETA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

pik_d posted:

The more you bring back the more likely you are to find enough to agree to do the god ki ritual for you

Vegeta dont need that poo poo

• Locked thread