Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Flinger posted:

Aris is an open-minded progressive person

This is probably the most heartwarming thing about Aris.

Also he's pretty much your average streamer these days but I expect that to change when T7 is fully out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought most people in this thread were going PC? The lure of 1440p is strong

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

BattleHamster posted:

he does mention that he formally apologized to SuperYan at Strong Style, that they are still friends, and that he has learned a lot from it.

As I recall this was very much a non-apology, the "sorry if you were offended" kind of statement that doesn't really walk back what was said as much as it begs you not to have been upset about it in the first place.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Trykt posted:

As I recall this was very much a non-apology, the "sorry if you were offended" kind of statement that doesn't really walk back what was said as much as it begs you not to have been upset about it in the first place.

That was his initial public response immediately after. In the video he talks about how he apologized to her in person at a tourney.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought most people in this thread were going PC? The lure of 1440p is strong

Yeah I dunno I'm conflicted. How have other fighting games held up on the PC? Do their communities stay strong?

I probably won't be getting too many hours but I'd at least like the ability to match up and lose online.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Jmcrofts posted:

That was his initial public response immediately after. In the video he talks about how he apologized to her in person at a tourney.

Ok then fair enough. I'm all for a person genuinely seeking forgiveness and then actually being forgiven. That is a good and right thing for this world.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
If you specifically want player matches with goons, get it on PC. If you want a big pool of randos to played ranked matches against, probably get PS4.

I push IRC/Discord in every thread because there is a stable contingent of FG nerd goons there who play lots of different games, and you'll probably learn more playing long sets with us than you will from rolling the dice against the rest of the Internet. Most of that group will be getting it on Steam because we all like to fight each other.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Aight maybe I'll roll with PC then. Just got a brand new computer so I'd like to see that glorious Unreal Engine 4 powered bear hair.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.
it depends on the game, street fighter 4 had plenty of people on PC, but obviously nowhere near as many as x360/ps3 did. sf5 has crossplay so its kind of a special case.

niche games (various arc system works releases) have basically no online random players at all on PC, but not really many on console either

hard to say about tekken since its never been on pc before. here's hoping

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://gfycat.com/GrizzledTestyGharial

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Imagine if it came out that a prominent fgc member used drugs. The scandal..... I can't even begin 2 imagine

Being a stoner is cool. Sexually harassing people is not.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

GOD DAMMIT FAM, I AM SO JACKED FOR TEKKEN THIS WEEKEND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i even used vacation time for this friday, specifically to play tekken

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

I heard that there are no arcade mode endings in the home release. Sucks, if true. :(

Does that mean they're coming, just not in the base game or something? From what I understand there's a different mode which gives like a short story and I think some fights for every character. So maybe that's supposed to be a replacement?

Speaking of seems like the game's been released early somewhere and people have been posting videos of it, so there's spoilers around now if people care about that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah I think I saw that there's the main story of the Mishima Saga and then you also unlock sub-chapters for other specific characters

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I may get PS4 later for rando matches but right now I'm really bad at Tekken because I haven't played since TTT 1 and would like to to learn by playing long sets against the same people rather than bashing my head against randos so I grabbed PC. It's on sale on some websites like Gamersgate right now too.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

boxcarhobo posted:

i even used vacation time for this friday, specifically to play tekken

If you were a true friend you would hold off till Sunday evening in solidarity w/ me.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Brosnan posted:

If you were a true friend you would hold off till Sunday evening in solidarity w/ me.

i mean when you body me for free itll be exactly the same as if i hadnt been playing at all, so

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm going to do flips, and possibly kicks, and then instantly get jobbed but it'll look pretty

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I gotta wait until next paycheck to Seven my Tekkens. So in a couple weeks I will unlock all my kung fu waifus.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Local NYC stores not breaking street date.

I am literally angry with rage.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
I bought this for PC because it's been plenty easy to find Xrd matches on PC (discord is your friend) and this will almost certainly have a bigger player base.

Also, it's $40 on gamersgate.com if anyone else is cheap like me.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

CaptCommy posted:

I bought this for PC because it's been plenty easy to find Xrd matches on PC (discord is your friend) and this will almost certainly have a bigger player base.

Also, it's $40 on gamersgate.com if anyone else is cheap like me.

does it come with the titty vampire if i get it from there

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

interrodactyl posted:

Should, yeah. When I registered the key with Steam it came up as Tekken 7 Pre-order

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

interrodactyl posted:

It does.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
As I recall, Tekken 6's character endings were hidden in the story mode instead of the normal arcade mode, so it's possible that you just have to do something else to unlock the ending movies.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I got it on ps4 because I have friends in real life to play with, also because I live close to Japan so will always have players there to beat my pansy rear end

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
58 gigs on Steam. :stare:

RIP my SSD.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Can someone identify Eliza's accent for me?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Sounds like they're going for general Romanian/Carpathian Mountains thing with the whole vampire deal.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yodzilla posted:

58 gigs on Steam. :stare:

RIP my SSD.

Haha, poo poo. Same. Or maybe I'll just throw it on my WD blue. Hopefully loading times and whatnot won't be bad.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

interrodactyl posted:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am glad they gave 48 hours for preloading because it will probably take that long for me to download

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Just get a new SSD for Tekken, they're cheap now and it's totally worth it (because I don't want to wait for you people and your stupid disc drives to finish loading).

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Preload complete! Can't wait to learn and get beat down!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I just uninstalled Guild Wars 2 to make room for Tekken 7 on my meager 250GB SSD. Goodbye MMO I never play anymore. Totally forgot I had that installed still.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Remember with steam and huge games on ssd, depending on how they do their patching you could feasibly need another 50gb of free space in order to patch the game. I bet most people won't have the game on their ssd either way so I'm not going to bother

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I bought my samsung 850 evo for £55 last year and for whatever reason they're now £90.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont have a pc so i got this on ps4 i will play similar scrub non pc havers any time i see any in the discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/Flying_Wonkey/status/869794657496031232

game got updated before its even been released