Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
What are the chances of a Labour/SNP coalition?

Would the lib dems really be shortsighted enough to throw their weight behind the tories again?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Top City Homo posted:

and there were Jewish members in the Fascist party in Italy.

its an Iranian supported front organization and trying to frame them as anything but bad really fucks up the idea of "fighting imperialism"

its not a 'front' for anything you stupid dumbass it's a genuinely popular grassroots organization that came out of the shia in lebanon being kicked around, killed, shut out of any political power for years and years

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

tekz posted:

its not a 'front' for anything you stupid dumbass it's a terrorist organisation

ftfy

its only supported by some of the worst people in the world including the syrian govt, venezuelan govt and iran, also notable for being suicide bombing pioneers, but hey they said the magic words anti imperialist a few times somewhere down the lines gotta rush to their defence

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Entropy238 posted:

Would the lib dems really be shortsighted enough to throw their weight behind the tories again?

1: Gonna give that a solid maybe

2: It's really unlikely the Lib Dems will claw back enough seats to be relevant

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Okay so UK people - the intricacies of the parliamentary system.

What happens if no parties can agree to a majority coalition?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

ftfy

its only supported by some of the worst people in the world including the syrian govt, venezuelan govt and iran, also notable for being suicide bombing pioneers, but hey they said the magic words anti imperialist a few times somewhere down the lines gotta rush to their defence

here's a worse organization: the IDF. sprinkling the magic word 'terrorist' over armed interests that oppose america's garbage allies a few times and some rear end in a top hat gotta rush to cry about them.

hezbollah loving israel over during their last invasion of lebanon has been one of the few bright spots of international politics this century.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Entropy238 posted:

The libdems will always be traitorous tories.

It is good that they cannot help May out at all.

VV Very likely, especially if Corbyn does better than expected.

Nonsense has issued a correction as of 23:00 on May 30, 2017

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

labour will be the biggest party and then 1/3 of their mps will agree to prop up a May government

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

lol

pathetic little tramp posted:

It depends. The Tories would probabily end up running a minority government, on the logic that Labour wouldn't try and topple them in the middle of the Brexit negotiations, because they'd get crushed in the following election.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

it seems to go into USA-mode where the party with the most seats gets to designate leaders but nothing new passes into law

apparently dissolution and the immediate scheduling of another election is also allowed but that would probably lead to rioting and general chaos

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Entropy238 posted:

A formal coalition, imo 0 but they will probably vote together on some things.

The SNP and Labour are in total disagreement over independence, and the SNP is eating off Labour's table, voter base-wise. Even if Corbyn said "yeah okay then, whatever" to another legally-binding referendum I'm not sure the measure would pass in the HoC.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

We have another go, because if you don't have a majority coalition or workable pact, you probably can't pass a budget.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

tekz posted:

here's a worse organization: the IDF. sprinkling the magic word 'terrorist' over armed interests that oppose america's garbage allies a few times and some rear end in a top hat gotta rush to cry about them.

hezbollah loving israel over during their last invasion of lebanon has been one of the few bright spots of international politics this century.

I'm pretty sure it was hezbollah that started the 2006 war but that won't change anything about your knee-jerk urge to support a bunch of suicide bombers i guess so whatever

also lol that a stalemate with iran is "hosed over" in your definition

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

no one is stupid enough to vote for the LIEB :heart: DEMS

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

I'm pretty sure it was hezbollah that started the 2006 war

lmfao

quote:

but that won't change anything about your knee-jerk urge to support a bunch of suicide bombers i guess so whatever

also lol that a stalemate with iran is "hosed over" in your definition

the armed wing of the israeli settler state has done far far worse than hezbollah and regularly enforces collective, murderous punishment of palestinian civilians. the only reason it isn't labelled 'terrorist', and its opponents are, and is given international legitimacy, and its opponents aren't, is because the world's only remaining superpower backs it to the hilt. retards like you that genuinely buy into it should have their heads caved in

*notices thread title* also uhhhh i hope corbyn wins

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Please get the hizb outta here with the 2006 war chat.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Great British War of 1997

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i dunno it's pretty illuminating about how deep the "i agree with corbyn's platform but am also ready to trash him for mysterious reasons" group will dig to keep whining even though their original electability complaints are falling by the wayside

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Jose posted:

you think murdoch is right lol

normal person: "press censorship is bad"

Hard Working, Decent British Folk: "if u luv rupert murdock so much y dont u marry him bich"

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

tekz posted:

retards like you that genuinely buy into it should have their heads caved in

you should enlist in your fav terror org you sound like you'd really fit in lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

tekz posted:

its not a 'front' for anything you stupid dumbass it's a genuinely popular grassroots organization that came out of the shia in lebanon being kicked around, killed, shut out of any political power for years and years

its trash

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

tekz posted:

lmfao

the armed wing of the israeli settler state has done far far worse than hezbollah and regularly enforces collective, murderous punishment of palestinian civilians. the only reason it isn't labelled 'terrorist', and its opponents are, and is given international legitimacy, and its opponents aren't, is because the world's only remaining superpower backs it to the hilt. retards like you that genuinely buy into it should have their heads caved in

*notices thread title* also uhhhh i hope corbyn wins

in the latest episode of 'Goons on Politics', retardslayer69 pontificates on the role of international legitimacy in the israel-palestine conflict

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

fake news media won't run positive stories about guy who has spent his entire career as labour leader stepping on a series of increasingly large rakes and getting smacked in the face

it's actually more like Corbyn is Bart Simpson and May is Sideshow Bob in reality

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

you should enlist in your fav terror org you sound like you'd really fit in lol

shut the gently caress up liberal

both of you

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
corb

will

win

Top City Homo has issued a correction as of 23:44 on May 30, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/869571607060070401

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Oy. Don't they have people to check this stuff?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

this is like a parody of a centrist democrat's minority outreach lmao

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

"Only I, Jeoromoy Cwrbywn, can unleash the power of the Minority Ethnics."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yeah I bet the party that embraced UKIP chuds is just dying to include browns

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah I bet the party that embraced UKIP chuds is just dying to include browns

'It doesn't matter if our outreach is poo poo, what are the minority voters gonna do, not turn out?'

*Minority voters don't turn out*

*Boris is the Queen now*

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jeremy is good and while I'm no expert on politics across the Atlantic OPTICS probably means as little as it does here. Corbyn is infinitely more likable than the tory monstrosity that looks like a political cartoon come to life

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Fallen Hamprince posted:

"Only I, Jeoromoy Cwrbywn, can unleash the power of the Minority Ethnics."

BLACKS FOR CORBYN

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Fallen Hamprince posted:

'It doesn't matter if our outreach is poo poo, what are the minority voters gonna do, not turn out?'

*Minority voters don't turn out*

*Boris is the Queen now*

Corbyn's outreach to the poor and minorities has actually been very good

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
unlike with trump it is not meant to be a comedy statement

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

corbyn please do not copy the clinton playbook

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i'm gonna lol really hard if tories manage to blow this

my lols will be heard around the world, they will be uncountable and uncontainable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
blacks genuinely support Corbyn

thats why its a statement of fact and not meant to be humorous

thanks and god bless