Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bradzilla posted:

shut the gently caress up retard

:bigtran: why you mad baby?

Scyantific posted:

Source your quote, nerd.

The quotes were :thejoke: but the last bit stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well okay, let me reword this: when you are a good and true friend to a girl/woman and she feels she can be herself around you without you making a pass at her, women appreciate that and sometimes physical gestures like a hug or a kiss are an expression of affection that is completely non sexual. I actually have some female friends who are like that, but then again neither me nor my GF feel in any way uncomfortable or are not cool with this.

So if he doesn't feel okay with it maybe there is something to it, because he doesn't seem to feel that they know each other well enough to warrant such intimate physical gestures.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I just think dude should not gently caress his friend's wife and have a strong intention not to do so. This is very easy to never do, regardless of how touchy-feely, bold, or sexual she gets around him. Just don't have sex with her and it won't happen!!! Also never tell the friend unless it becomes an active, highly uncomfortable issue because why create pointless drama for no reason?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

My third confession is that my first confession, where I was trying to come up with a scheme to break up my friend and his GF so I could gently caress her, was a lie*. I just wanted to end the temperature units derail.

*Not denying that she's hot and that I wouldn't want to have sex with her in a perfect world**, but I would never ever risk a friendship for sex.

**Also in a perfect world: imperial units wouldn't exist

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Are women who use Fahrenheit more likely to put out than women who use Celsius?

Discuss.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

fruit on the bottom posted:

Discuss.

More likely to put out... giant piles of squeeze cheese and pies to consume for her 11th meal of the day. Because she is American you see...

At least that was what YOUR mom did

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 31, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Discuss.

That depends. Do you mean women who accidentally put out by loving up on their crazy lady coochie calendars or the ones who know when they mean to ovulate and you'd better drat well be there if you know what's good for you we're doing this with Swiss precision?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Discuss.

Pshhhh I wouldn't bone a chick that uses Celsius. "Durrrrr it's 20 degrees Celsius better take off my sweater, durrrrr water boils at 100 degrees durrrrrrr". Like 100 degrees isn't even enough to boil water ya friggin metriod, your eggs or spaghetti are just gonna sit there all day and do nothing. :nono:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

syscall girl posted:

That depends. Do you mean women who accidentally put out by loving up on their crazy lady coochie calendars or the ones who know when they mean to ovulate and you'd better drat well be there if you know what's good for you we're doing this with Swiss precision?

"put out" just means "let you have sex with them"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

"put out" just means "let you have sex with them"

ahh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
then we are at an impasse

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Von_Doom posted:

More likely to put out... giant piles of squeeze cheese and pies to consume for her 11th meal of the day. Because she is American you see...

At least that was what YOUR mom did

Oh. I'm adopted and I never met my birth parents. It's nice to have some little truth about her. Thank you for this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh. I'm adopted and I never met my birth parents. It's nice to have some little truth about her. Thank you for this.

Do you live in constant fear of accidentally sleeping with your birth mother? There was a show about that once, I think.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Do you live in constant fear of accidentally sleeping with your birth mother? There was a show about that once, I think.

What the hell kind of TV do you watch?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Leavemywife posted:

What the hell kind of TV do you watch?

Game of Thrones, apparently

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe it was a woman and her birth father...I don't know. I don't think a google search of "accidentally sleeping with birth mother" will yield the documentary type show I vaguely remember.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well I didn't.

:ohdear:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Improbable Lobster posted:

The whole value of language is that it's relatively consistent and allows comunications with others. If you declare it all arbitrary and meaningless then Tro iz alie onklo helposigno. So oho renkonten malpermesi, kie am vira finitivo. Log gh finno miloj multiplikite. Stif decimalo us ore.

It's only "relatively consistent" if the language itself is structured to be consistent. Inventing some bullshit fake rear end language doesn't prove your point, it proves your inability to comprehend the argument.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

background: a guy talked about how he had seen horrible things on 4chan

quote:

Sadbrain 4chan goon here. I don't want to describe in particular what prompted me to write that confession but there's been so many times where I get intrusive thoughts about poo poo that I have accidentally seen. I'll be laying in bed and my brain is like "hey remember this really hosed up thing" and it keeps me awake. There was one gif in particular that had cp. I think that was the last time I ever went to 4chan because I was so horrified and disgusted. I don't even know if therapy can fix something like that. I can redirect my thoughts easy enough but I can't undo seeing it.

the one time I tried using 4chan at maybe age 16??? I was shown pooping when I was not suspecting it and I never went back

quote:

So the "secretly happy about Manchester" goon made me decide to share my secret:

When stuff like Elliot Rodger killing happens, I secretly love it. Women getting raped/murdered, spree shootings, women complaining about sexual harassment... I love it all!

The Republicans are shitheels, but the democrats are no better. Why be the best candidate when you can do the minimum necessary to get elected? Repeat that for 10-20 years, then clutch your pearls when the uneducated, opiate addled masses rise up (Trump).

Don't get me wrong, I despise Trump.

But look around. Trump, incels, spree killings - it's all tied together.

Sure, people murmur the right things about these issues, but people need skin in the game. You want to support aggressive foreign policy, not fund mental health treatment, and hand out opiates like pez? Actions. Have. Consequences.

So now, every time I read about a bomb going off in Manchester or some alt-right incel slicing up a train in Portland, I smile inside. You people deserve all you get. No one cared about bullying til after Columbine, and people realized picking on geeks might end with your white caps covered in brains. (Don't let the neoliberal media fool you - Brooks Brown has spoken out the Columbine heros *were* bullied.)

Frankly, society only responds to incentives. We're in for rough times, and so many would insist as a white male, I'm privileged. So that's what I'm going to do... sit back and relax. Oh sure, I'll say the appropriate things on social media. But honestly? I think you deserve all you're getting.

I'll do my part and show up every 4 years to pull the lever for the lesser of two evils, but I reserve the right to LOL in between.

such edge

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Braiden Lowell posted:

So the "secretly happy about Manchester" goon made me decide to share my secret:

Blah blah upper-middle white male blah blah blah Hot Topic blah Trump blah blah pumpkin spice latte blah blah IM EDGY LOOK AT MEEEEEEEE!!!!!1

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Discuss.

I think the more pressing question is, once she has put out, and you tell her to go make you a sandwich and she comes back with a pineapple pizza, did she comply with your command or spite you

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oedipus was a milf hunter

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

KomodoWagon posted:

lol why would you want to be sober around other people

We should be Pals.

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug
Holy poo poo, what happened to this thread.

Jesus christ, a woman can be huggy and physically friendly with someone they know well without wanting to gently caress them. You are not such a high T stud that she can't keep her hands off you, you've just (somehow) managed to convince her you are a good enough friend to relax her guard around you when drinking. Take it as a compliment, keep it friendly, and move on.

On the off chance it IS more than that, she'll be more direct and then you have to have an awkward conversation. But that will almost certainly gently caress up both your friendship and their relationship, so don't make the decision to do that lightly or because you can't accept that physical contact with a woman can be non-sexual.

Also,

Anton Chigurh posted:

Time to blow up this thread and start another one without ridiculous multi-page derails arguing over stupid poo poo like Fahrenheit vs. Celsius scales.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I think there's absolutely no way to judge this without knowing the people. For some people getting physical means a lot, for others it's nothing. Doesn't matter if man or woman even.

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I find it great that girls are huggy and stuff but as a guy it instantly makes me want to bone her if she hugs me and "cuddles" with me. I mean I won't suddenly start drooling and slobbering all over her, but in my mind I'm probably thinking about buttstuff

sorry ladies

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug

Fartbox posted:

I find it great that girls are huggy and stuff but as a guy it instantly makes me want to bone her if she hugs me and "cuddles" with me. I mean I won't suddenly start drooling and slobbering all over her, but in my mind I'm probably thinking about buttstuff

sorry ladies

Honest advice: You should work on controlling that response, it will greatly reduce your "creeper" vibe and counterintuitively improve your chances of actually hooking up / getting into a relationship. Plus the whole not viewing women only as sex objects thing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If it wsn't for the weird placed kiss I'd think it was just normal drunk huggy behavior. Even piss drunk and aiming at a shifting target you don't hit the side of the mouth if you're going straight for the cheek. I still don't think it's worth bringing up though. Just don't hang around her by yourself.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Fantastic, thanks, could someone please tell me which mark on the stove burner dial is 1 calorie tia.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
*burst into the room out of breath* Please, kind sirs and madams, I must know how much energy it will require to boil this room temperature bucket of water! The fate of the very world depends on it!"

*cums himself to death*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtUKUUKvXUw

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Radical and BADical! posted:

*burst into the room out of breath* Please, kind sirs and madams, I must know how much energy it will require to boil this room temperature bucket of water! The fate of the very world depends on it!"

*cums himself to death*

If I can choose, this is how I want to go out.

My headstone will read: "He came as he went"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you're trying to argue that being really passionate about the metric system is not a huge nerdy waste of time you're not doing a very good job

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

:hai:

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

pm me

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

If you're trying to argue that being really passionate about the imperial system is not a huge nerdy waste of time you're not doing a very good job

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rumda posted:

If you're trying to argue that being really passionate about the imperial system is not a huge nerdy waste of time you're not doing a very good job

bradzilla posted:

shut the gently caress up retard

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

No but really, let's close this thread for a few days or open a new one so dumb assholes stop talking about temperatures and measurements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

mkultra419 posted:

Honest advice: You should work on controlling that response, it will greatly reduce your "creeper" vibe and counterintuitively improve your chances of actually hooking up / getting into a relationship. Plus the whole not viewing women only as sex objects thing.

i dont cuddle with my male friends so Cuddling has never been a friendly act to me, its what u do with someone youre banging