Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Zaphod42 posted:

There hasn't been a full tyranid or ork leak yet though so just hold yer horses.

Sorry, I saw people building carnifexes and talking points and wargear and thought there was something I had missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Ork boyz and tankbustaz
AdMech Tech Preists

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Did someone say they wanted to see the Exorcist?

R48" Heavy D6 S8 AP-4 D3 Dam

I did, and thanks!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Was just about to link those! Boyz look pretty good with their unit special rules. Tankbustas look cool as ever. I can't really parse whether things are 'good' or 'bad' without seeing whole armies' points costs though.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Thundercloud posted:

You going to go with the Unification wars colour scheme or the Great Crusade colour scheme?

You could do it as a resurrected chapter in the Ultima Founding. Dusk Raiders? War Hounds?Why not bring them back?

I have a War Hounds captain:

Although his armor is the wrong Mark, so he's a bit of an anachronism.

Isn't unification armor just flat grey? I'd go with the white/black/red of the Great Crusade. Mostly it gives me a reason to use a bunch of the awesome Horus Heresy thousand sons range in 40k.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Sufficiently large mobs of Boyz are statistically likely to wipe out entire squads with 3+ saves on the charge. Da Boyz is back in ta'n.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Updated this album with a few new Nid scans http://imgur.com/a/cf71h just now

Synapse is default 8" range
Instinctive behaviour is still there, forces you to shoot or charge the nearest unit if you choose to do so.
SotW is 8" range, is -1 to enemy psychic tests

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Genghis Cohen posted:

Was just about to link those! Boyz look pretty good with their unit special rules. Tankbustas look cool as ever. I can't really parse whether things are 'good' or 'bad' without seeing whole armies' points costs though.

Ork Boyz are now S4 and Nobz are S5. Previously that was just when they charged, which is pretty awesome.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Awesome, Boyz can now mix sluggas and shootas! I guess we need to see the individual weapon lists to know whether they can take Burnas though.

Liking the new Bomb Squigs, not too enthused by the new Tankhammers, I don't think D3 mortal wounds is worth the loss of your ranges attack _and_ being a suicide bomber.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

xtothez posted:

Updated this album with a few new Nid scans http://imgur.com/a/cf71h just now

Synapse is default 8" range
Instinctive behaviour is still there, forces you to shoot or charge the nearest unit if you choose to do so.
SotW is 8" range, is -1 to enemy psychic tests

Why would someone scan tyranid stuff and not get the pyrovore first

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

More Ork stuff, Ere We Go, Mob Rule and Powers - http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54533&p=717988

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
I like that they made onslaught allows advancing and charging, I always felt it was a power that needed very specific units to be decent and was just bad in most Nid list.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So Tyranid big gribblies generally have fairly low strength and toughness but high wounds.

Not particularly good weapon or ballistic skills either. Instinctive behavior is way better though.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

God drat, those squig bombs are nice. And 3 damage rokkits rerolling misses is pretty good too.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

What the hell is with people not being able to take a picture without a giant glare down the middle of the page?

Techpriest seems okay. 5 Wounds and autoheal d3 per turn.

That axe looks aces. +1 S (so S5 for the Techpriest Dominus), -2 AP and 2 D.

Mine is equipped with the Volkite Blaster, which seems mediocre.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Surprised orks that use Da Jump don't have a chance of landing on their 'eads.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ork Boyz are now S4 and Nobz are S5. Previously that was just when they charged, which is pretty awesome.

Holy hell, I completely missed that. Orks are awesome. I have no desire to play them myself but they are one of my favourite opponents (cause it's cinematic, not because they're pushovers!) and I would love for them to be really formidable opponents. Especially if it involves hordes of boyz backed up by the cool specialty infantry units. As long as I can remember, most armies, including orks, have generally had one or more go-to formulas for their army if you really wanted to win: choose X unit, usually a monster or a super-elite or something that was very resilient for its points cost, and just take the maximum of that.

So what I really want to find out is: are the armies internally and externally balanced for matched play. And it's basically beyond my ability to figure out, even if we had all the info leaked, because it's impossible to piece together without leafing back and forth from rules to points costs and making some sort of spreadsheet. At which point I might as well abandon life and hie me to a monastery.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

this is a strange place i did not expect to return to.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Orks are looking awesome right now.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Orks and nids amazing, and space marines terrible. What a world to live in.

I'm sure they're still going to make Guard bad somehow.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
In what world can you look at the leaks and think space marine are terrible? I was super salty about the Blood Angel leak yesterday and even I don't think they look bad, just boring. Vanilla Marines will have more toys to play with and will be even stronger as usual.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sicarians are much the same:

No shred on the Flechette blasters though. Neurostatic Aura reduced by 3", and if i'm reading it right it just reduces one from Ld. Lame.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Stupid question: in the 40k sense, is there a difference between a Legion Contemptor, and just a Contemptor Dreadnaught?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Pendent posted:

In what world can you look at the leaks and think space marine are terrible? I was super salty about the Blood Angel leak yesterday and even I don't think they look bad, just boring. Vanilla Marines will have more toys to play with and will be even stronger as usual.

Nah, I don't. Marines are fine. Primaris doesn't look that interesting but sternguard now have their two best ammo types combined together, and both them and vanguard are way cheaper. Wish I didn't give so many of my sternguards combi-plasmas but oh well. Mechanized tactical squads are more expensive but not cripplingly so. Terminators cost hike is probably worth the extra survivability against small arms and deep strikes not scattering. Just salty that I can't use my tanks nearly as much. As least the vindicator didn't see nearly the price hike my other stuff did. Dreadnoughts didn't get as big a price hike either, maybe I should get more. It's really just the tanks, a predator's cost increased 70 to 80 points while a dreadnought increased like 40, and a contemptor increased by 1 point. I think land raiders went up by over 100.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 30, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

susan posted:

Stupid question: in the 40k sense, is there a difference between a Legion Contemptor, and just a Contemptor Dreadnaught?

The actual models on FWs site? No. You can use any of them to represent a contemptor. Rules wise the 30k and 40k contemptors are different. Even more so now that 30k is on a different ruleset entirely.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Base S4, Ws3+, reroll charges and mob rule make me happy.

Now all I need is for Killa Kans and Deff Dreads to not be poo poo and I'm golden

E; M4 mega armour sucks though, boot gonna be able to keep up with da boyz

Miles O'Brian fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 30, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Miles O'Brian posted:

Base S4, Ws3+, reroll charges and mob rule make me happy.

Now all I need is for Killa Kans and Deff Dreads to not be poo poo and I'm golden

I always had a love for grotzookas kans and hope they're doing well.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

drat, the Tyrannofex doesn't have a 2+ save anymore? Guess that means there are probably no 2+ saves in the entire Tyranid roster, then. Not sure if the Acid Spray or the Rupture Cannon would be better now.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I saw the Berzerker image and went 'poo poo' when I saw they were only 5 power.

Then I read the details, and was 'Holy poo poo. They're good'.

They are so much better than Death Company it's not even funny.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

Yep, Ahriman casts 3 spells, Exalted cast 2, ergo Thousand Sons lists should never take more than like 1 or 2 of those guys because of the spell-per-turn rule.

That's so loving stupid.

Nah, I think you're wrong. putting aside the fact that you can Smite to your heart's content--a good power--you could probably take 3 sorcerers dropping Tzeentch spells and 3 more dropping Heretic Astartes spells. You'd also maybe want to do more in order to avoid losing power when your dudes die/eat it to Perils

Deptfordx posted:

Also wrong. Power appears to take wargear upgrades into account, and Death Company get access to a shitload more stuff, plus they have jump packs. PPM Death Company are the same cost as chainaxe berserkers

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 30, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Deptfordx posted:

I think it's because each death company dude can pile on like 50 points of wargear that the power level has to account for

Berserkers just have axes

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Using points, which I assume all but a few will actually play with however, equal points of Bezerkers and DC will flat murder Death Company.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Deviant posted:

this is a strange place i did not expect to return to.

Yeah. I'm thinking about a cockroach mid army again after a decade.

I <3 BA but on the balance I am not excited about space marines. Death Co dred is nice but I can't run a competitive mechanized list for BA. The Rhino thing just ducks me and overcharged engines is weak sauce.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 30, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
There's a bit you can do to using characters to buff the death company but yes, they're really not great now. I'm hoping the actual codex release gives them a little love.

On the plus side Sanguinary Guard are pretty scary which is totally my jam. Some of my favorite models.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

DO IT TO IT posted:

drat, the Tyrannofex doesn't have a 2+ save anymore? Guess that means there are probably no 2+ saves in the entire Tyranid roster, then. Not sure if the Acid Spray or the Rupture Cannon would be better now.

If it can get any To Hit buffs from other units I'll definitely be giving Rupture Cannons a go, that double-shoot double-hit looks nasty if it can be pulled off. Otherwise I'll probably just fire up the fleshborer hive and park it in the middle of the table with a bucket of dice. It's like a Diet Land Raider now at way less points.

Overall though, Warriors and Fexes look way more appealing right now. With the 8" range more synapse coverage is definitely needed, and all the Warrior-related points are way down. Might finally get to field the 3 Primes I made ages ago.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Deptfordx posted:

Using points, which I assume all but a few will actually play with however, equal points of Bezerkers and DC will flat murder Death Company.

Yeah but that's OK. Death Company are more mobile and more versatile

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Pendent posted:

There's a bit you can do to using characters to buff the death company but yes, they're really not great now. I'm hoping the actual codex release gives them a little love.

On the plus side Sanguinary Guard are pretty scary which is totally my jam. Some of my favorite models.

Sanguinary Guard are looking good now. They're like flying Mini-Terminators.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We got the point cost for Chain Axes. They cost 1 point.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Zuul the Cat posted:

Sicarians are much the same:

No shred on the Flechette blasters though. Neurostatic Aura reduced by 3", and if i'm reading it right it just reduces one from Ld. Lame.

That is quite sad, they also seem to have lost FNP and an 1" movement. Oh and no bonus for charging with the Rustwalkers anymore. Starting to worry about Rangers and Vanguard which make up the bulk of my Skittles team. At least Dominus's are still pretty drat strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Do we have Tyranid Warrior stats yet?

• Locked thread