Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Taifas! Let's :getin: on this massive clusterfuck of infidel splintering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

I also switch to the New Taifas. It seems clear to me that the elites of this country have no intention of staying true to Islam, so I am going to opt for the next best option of cleaning up our borders.

Hey Hashim, can you please tell us what the population maps look like? What are the odds that the native religion and culture of Al Andalus end up as the minority when our conquests are done? How much of the country will be Christian when we expand our borders to the Pyrenees? The age of nationalism is going to be bloody. :getin:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

The time of the Ulema has passed. Continued fundamentalism has no point in our new tolerant policies. It is time for the Sultan to rule unopposed! I join the Loyalists.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Switch to the Loyalists

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

The world is being devoured by fire! The Armenians declare themselves Calilph, and the ties of faith unravel across Europe! Only through loyalty and faith can we be saved from this time of contempt! Loyalists rise!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Tally so far:

– TildeATH, Lord Cyrahzax, Dick Trauma, paragon1, Hitlers Gay Secret, Bloody Pom, Luhood, Archaeology Hat, Erwin the German, ThatBasqueGuy, Grizzwold, Snipee.

– Ralepozozaxe, Slaan, tunapirate.

– GunnerJ, Talas, HiHo ChiRho, Dance Officer, Mikl.

– Mountaineer, Soup du Jour, Crazycryodude, Sinner Sandwich.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Let the good times roll~

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

Hey Hashim, can you please tell us what the population maps look like? What are the odds that the native religion and culture of Al Andalus end up as the minority when our conquests are done? How much of the country will be Christian when we expand our borders to the Pyrenees? The age of nationalism is going to be bloody. :getin:

At the start of the game, the Iberian Christian kingdoms united have a bit more development than Al Andalus does alone (about 250 to our 230). The Majlis has passed a few policies raising development since then, though, so the development in Muslim and Christian provinces will roughly be equal if we unite all of Iberia.

The culture setup is similar. At current development levels, Andalusi will make up 54% of Al Andalus if we manage to unite all of Iberia.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007
Can you tell us what the traits of the new sultan are, since we have the opportunity to just let those traits run things?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Yessod posted:

Can you tell us what the traits of the new sultan are, since we have the opportunity to just let those traits run things?

The personality traits actually fire at set intervals, the next one will be after Abdul-Hasan rules for 10 years. He does start with one trait, though, Careful (AE impact -10%).

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

At the start of the game, the Iberian Christian kingdoms united have a bit more development than Al Andalus does alone (about 250 to our 230). The Majlis has passed a few policies raising development since then, though, so the development in Muslim and Christian provinces will roughly be equal if we unite all of Iberia.

The culture setup is similar. At current development levels, Andalusi will make up 54% of Al Andalus if we manage to unite all of Iberia.

This is fantastic.

Also, how the hell did the Red Turbans get back into Korea after losing so much of their territory in China? It seems inevitable that Japan will conquer those Korean territories next. I sorta want to buy this game and play as the Northeast Asian powers if you are willing to release the mod. This LP is nuts. I'm especially happy that European colonialism is like 50 years behind schedule.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

How friendly are we with Armenia?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

Also, how the hell did the Red Turbans get back into Korea after losing so much of their territory in China? It seems inevitable that Japan will conquer those Korean territories next. I sorta want to buy this game and play as the Northeast Asian powers if you are willing to release the mod. This LP is nuts. I'm especially happy that European colonialism is like 50 years behind schedule.

Red Turbans bounced back for a while and took a bunch of territory from Korea and the Song, but the new emperor but a stop to that pretty quickly.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Talas posted:

How friendly are we with Armenia?

I haven't improved relations with them at all, so they're indifferent towards us.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Hashim posted:

The personality traits actually fire at set intervals, the next one will be after Abdul-Hasan rules for 10 years. He does start with one trait, though, Careful (AE impact -10%).

Got it. Going to stay a merchant, then. Still plenty of Caribbean to take.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

I'm staying in the Taifas

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

More Caribbean estates!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Stickin' with the Taifas

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Loyalist
The Royal family has the blessing of The Greatest, so why must we listen to the whining of, cruel nobles, greedy merchants, and power hungry imams?

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Taifas For Al Andulsia!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Staying with the Taifas

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

The time has come, while the infidels war with each other we shall strike! The New Taifas deserve another shot.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Gold is still shiny. So im sticking with the Merchants

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Hello, I am Patter ibn Song al-Jizrunid, a fifth cousin twice removed of our illustrious Sultan (according to my family ancestry which is totally authentic and no, you may not examine it). I am new to your esteemed body, but I strongly believe that this state deserves a firm hand, the guiding hand of my cousin and the Loyalists.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Switch to the Taifas.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

The Ulama shall never be silenced.

Great Sultan, in the name of Allah, I beseech you. As long as the northern provinces are Christian, they cannot be considered truly loyal: The rebellions that... let us be charitable and say they drove your brother from the field due to injury, they will continue to be an issue. What surer way is there to demonstrate that you rule by the will of Allah than to use your prerogative as Sultan to bring them to the light of the one true faith? It is worth bearing in mind that those so enlightened and thus able to attend the Majil sessions would then be able to look to you and to your family as the ones responsible. I'm sure you realise the benefits that may bring, both now and in the long run.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

everydayfalls posted:

Taifas For Al Andulsia!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Taifas to take back Iberia!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I am still a proud merchant.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The hour is here, expel the Christian kings from Iberia

e: and to show our seriousness about uniting all factions behind this goal, the Taifas have arranged a new postal system, to further encourage cooperation and communication!
https://discord.gg/VzwT7nV

Prince Orcus
Mar 1, 2016

Massoud ibn Battuta , from the notoriously unstable noble family of al-Orcus, casts its lot with the New Taifas.

Al-Andalus shall not be secure until the Pyrenees stand between us and the infidels, nor our frontiers secure until the sun never sets upon it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Support the loyalists, for a Sultan should be an absolute ruler, not the mediator of petty protesters second-guessing Allah's chosen ruler of our people.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

"Balance of power" "Democracy" "Freedom" All these are things that are a blight to our great sultanate. Yet, the Majils try and claw them out of the flesh of our great sultan each year. No more, I say! We shall stop this slow creep of authority into the hands of anyone but the one chosen to lead us by Allah!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

We must find strength in our faith as the Christian is torn apart by his
The time of wealth and plenty is drawing to an end; now we will need to struggle if we intend to remain great.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Zakrelo posted:

"Balance of power" "Democracy" "Freedom"

what.

did someone spike this man's hashish before the meeting? He's speaking gibberish.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I shall stick with the Taifas. France is busy with internal and external threats, now is the time to reclaim the north.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

paragon1 posted:

what.

did someone spike this man's hashish before the meeting? He's speaking gibberish.

im ahead of my time. i will be vindicated

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Zakrelo posted:

im ahead of my time. i will be vindicated

It's okay, a rich history of the completely insane in government is part of what makes Al-Andalus cherished in the sight of Allah.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Switching to the Taifas
As others have said, now is the time to reclaim the north. Once we have secured our natural frontier in the Pyrenees, then we can focus once more upon trade and colonisation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016

Declaring for the New Taifas