Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Nah it's great and your dumb

Probably true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's no Infinite Undiscovery

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Dr. Tim will you buy the golf rpg and post about how good it is with me?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No, he'll ask the thread about five times a day if he should buy it, update us for a few days in a row he's decided to buy it, then every once in a while either post "Golf story good" or "I asked for a refund"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I think he will buy it and think that it is good and we will post about how it is good :cabot:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Dr. Tim will you buy the golf rpg and post about how good it is with me?

100% yes, easy to see it's already one of the best games on Switch, needless to say I'm very excited

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No, he'll ask the thread about five times a day if he should buy it, update us for a few days in a row he's decided to buy it, then every once in a while either post "Golf story good" or "I asked for a refund"

Wow, rude

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Modus Pwnens posted:

Yeah, honestly I've been watching the page for it to come back in stock.

It actually looks like a good port -- by M2 of the Sega 3D Classics fame. It's got a soundtrack select menu, 4:3 with border art or stretched aspect ratio, local multiplayer, quick save and load, and three color modes for FF Legend (B&W, Game Boy Color, and washed out Game Boy green).

E: Here's a page with a bunch of screens.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/374/G037496/20170526062/

If it sells as well as it looks like it's going to, maybe they'll localize it.

This needs to come out in the US.

Though I am disheartened to see they did not use the assets from the higher-res iOS port with the nicer water effects.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SeANMcBAY posted:

Still doesn't beat "Bravely Default". Does that name even mean anything in the context of the games?

From what I heard "Brave" and "Default" are both menu actions your characters can perform that are critical to the game's combat. So the title comes from them. I haven't actually played them so I might be wrong though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Switch already has a real bad track record of Asian history simulation games not getting an American release

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bravely Default? Pleeeeaaaassseee....

Brave Exvius is where it's at now. Come join the rest of us gambling addicts who drop $100 every couple months on a cell phone game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798722

We got digital Ariana Grande...

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 31, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvD8NZN9Zsg

When your fallen rival appears on your console :allears:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
now this game? this new sonic game? im going to buy it on the Nintendo Switch

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Kraken posted:

From what I heard "Brave" and "Default" are both menu actions your characters can perform that are critical to the game's combat. So the title comes from them. I haven't actually played them so I might be wrong though.
This is true, and "default" sacrifices your attack (while admittedly raising your def that round) for the benefit of doing multiple attacks on a future round.
"Brave" lets you do more attacks than you have, meaning you'll be standing around doing nothing on later rounds till you catch up.

It can be brave to default because you give the enemy free attacks for a round (or three) but the name as a phrase doesn't mean a lot.

As mentioned, the subtitle does though, in a pretty amazing way.

It's a good game.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Infinitum posted:

The Elevator nod was pretty great.
Basically, gently caress Sonic 4.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Of course, I also thought ARMS was decent to good and I eagerly await Yooka Laylee so ymmv

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I don't understand how they avoided doing this obvious game for so long and also they somehow inexplicably came to their senses

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Blazing Zero posted:

:yeah:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinitum posted:

FINALLY, a good game for the Switch!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I probably won't be getting the Sonic game but I sure hope the entire thing isn't capped at like 20 FPS like that video insinuates. Normally I'm not a stickler for frame rate, but in a Sonic game 60 FPS seems pretty important.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

If the multiplayer still works, I'd buy it for Secret of Mana (US) alone.
Honestly the multiplayer has not aged well. It's still fun, don't get me wrong, but once you're deep into the game it gets old having to essentially pause the game every five seconds for a player to cast a spell or use an item.

I'd love for an updated version where you can have each player on their own switch, and the menu ring doesn't pause the game for everyone, but that's probably way too much for an old game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

This needs to come out in the US.

Though I am disheartened to see they did not use the assets from the higher-res iOS port with the nicer water effects.

It's baffling that they went to the effort of making a full-fledged 3D remake for Vita and iOS/Android that's still faithful to the game yet still decided to go with the original Game Boy version instead.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

I probably won't be getting the Sonic game but I sure hope the entire thing isn't capped at like 20 FPS like that video insinuates. Normally I'm not a stickler for frame rate, but in a Sonic game 60 FPS seems pretty important.

It's definitely just that video. There's plenty of footage of the game in 60 and it looks smoother than even the originals.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Lemming posted:

I don't understand how they avoided doing this obvious game for so long and also they somehow inexplicably came to their senses

Didn't they basically just say gently caress it and hire a team of folks who had been putting out fan mods like this for years

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

drat, I want to play a new Sonic game for the first time in like 25 years

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

FINALLY, a good game for the Switch!

I mean sure on PS4 Pro or XBone Scorpio... but there's no way the frame rate will hold up in handheld mode without BLAST PROCESSING. SEGA forgot that NINTENDONT.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Where's my Rhythm Heaven game Nintendo.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Bloop posted:

Of course, I also thought ARMS was decent to good and I eagerly await Yooka Laylee so ymmv

Didn't Yooka Laylee come out and flop already?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

im gonna buy it on the switch and PC

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Waltzing Along posted:

Didn't Yooka Laylee come out and flop already?

maybe on platforms that werent as perfectly suited for it as the switch

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Rethink your life choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nT3A8aNwy8
Lost Sphear looks neat.

Hey square enix

*sphere

You can take that for free you're welcome

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HyperPuma posted:

maybe on platforms that werent as perfectly suited for it as the switch

a bad game is a bad game, like arms. no matter the platform

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also were the animations in that Sonic game done by Tyson Hesse? Because daaaaaamn that dude must be living the dream

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Calaveron posted:

Hey square enix

*sphere

You can take that for free you're welcome

I'm going to guess in addition to a sphere there is a spear involved.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That stupid Sonic trailer just got me to drop $450 on a Nintendo console :mad:

I wonder if I can get enough trade in value on my WiiU to buy BoTW straight up. Need something to play until August v:)v

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
wow

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Martytoof posted:

That stupid Sonic trailer just got me to drop $450 on a Nintendo console :mad:

I wonder if I can get enough trade in value on my WiiU to buy BoTW straight up. Need something to play until August v:)v

get shovel knight

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Pants Donkey posted:

Honestly the multiplayer has not aged well. It's still fun, don't get me wrong, but once you're deep into the game it gets old having to essentially pause the game every five seconds for a player to cast a spell or use an item.

I'd love for an updated version where you can have each player on their own switch, and the menu ring doesn't pause the game for everyone, but that's probably way too much for an old game.

You can cast a hell of a lot faster than that. The only time you need spells is rapid casting on bosses. Get good if you don't use weapons 95% of the time.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

eonwe posted:

get shovel knight

Yeah this.

Not ARMS though that game is bad

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah this.

Not ARMS though that game is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

eonwe posted:

get shovel knight

I'm going to end up owning this game for every platform.

Probably.

• Locked thread