Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

WampaLord posted:

I thought the Wonder Woman trailer looked really good, but that's all the Snyder look is, just making cool moments for trailers.

I know he's not directing this one, but he is writing and it still looks extremely Snyder-y, so he clearly has a lot of influence.

A Zack Snyder color palette is actually appropriate for a movie set during WW1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dmitri-9 posted:

A Zack Snyder color palette is actually appropriate for a movie set during WW1.

Sure, but less so during the parts of the movie where she's still on the Amazonian island.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did you know that as an Amazon she should only have one breast? Also she should be hairy. I know this and have written a thinkpiece.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Paladinus posted:

DC:

I'm Batman, and my parents are dead.
I'm Superman, and my parents are dead.
I'm Wonder Woman, and I'm a woman who is also a wonder.
I'm Green Lantern, please don't open the fridge.
I'm Steel. Remember me? Remember the movie Steel? I was supposed to be Superman.

Marvel:

I'm Spider-Man, and I joke as I punch bad guys, look at me go.
I'm Ant-Man, and I joke as I punch bad guys, look at me go.
I'm Iron-Man, and I joke as I punch bad guys, look at me go.
I'm Dead Pool-Man, and I joke as I punch bad guys, look at me go.
I'm Star Lord-Man, and I joke as I punch bad guys, look at me go.

Comic book movies:

Bad

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bloom posted:

Comic book movies:

Bad

[John Wick voice] Whoa

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Speaking of Patty Jenkins, why didn't she work more? Monster had critically acclaim out the rear end.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL Wonder Woman is getting stunning, rave reviews from the critics who actually stood up to the Ghostbusters horseshit.

Wonder Woman is good and we're all owned. This is Election Night '16 all over again.

hosed up if true.

hilary may have lost the battle....

Dmitri-9 posted:

Speaking of Patty Jenkins, why didn't she work more? Monster had critically acclaim out the rear end.

women are notoriously difficult to work with and unpredictable. what if she got a baby half way thru production? what then??

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dmitri-9 posted:

Health problems maybe?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
No one has described the breasts yet

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trunko posted:

If you want a good peek see Keeping Up With the Joneses

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If you want a good peek see Keeping Up With the Joneses

the old DOS game?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The spy comedy with her, Zach Galifinakis, Jon Hamm, and Isla Fisher absolutely no one saw.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Haha, nice Every Frame A Painting parody.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Thanks for the recommendation Al Borland

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whoever recommended this guy

Movies with Mikey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omXcqEJYA58

every one of this guy's videos are a pro click. his editing is really great, and he is pretty personable.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I love the women's-only showing of Wonder Woman just because of how easy it is to make misogynist/alt-right/pick-a-term guys spontaneously combust. I think men riding metro buses with Wonder Woman ads on the side should have to sit in the back.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want Trump to tweet about the women only screenings. Please? Soneone get "The Five" to talk about it, and him to whine about it on Twitter. It would be glorious.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trunko posted:

It's Gal Gadot

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

whoever recommended this guy

Movies with Mikey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omXcqEJYA58

every one of this guy's videos are a pro click. his editing is really great, and he is pretty personable.

A guy named mikey used to steal stuff from my parents basement.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Captain Lavender posted:

I love the women's-only showing of Wonder Woman just because of how easy it is to make misogynist/alt-right/pick-a-term guys spontaneously combust. I think men riding metro buses with Wonder Woman ads on the side should have to sit in the back.

https://twitter.com/AlamoNYC/status/867848707592642560

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

reignofevil posted:

A guy named mikey used to steal stuff from my parents basement.

A guy named Mikey used to beat me up when I was a kid and then later he went to prison for beating his father nearly to death haha

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Trunko posted:

A guy named Mikey used to beat me up when I was a kid and then later he went to prison for beating his father nearly to death haha

Owned.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trunko posted:

He only beat you up because his friend said "Hey Mikey, he likes it!"

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ill forward all ur mike stories to the movies with mikey guy i think he would probly change it if he knew

but did u know one of the rLM guys is named mike bauman??? its hosed up but i looked on reddit and it true

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Mikey movies man owns and I love his videos. They're first night release watches for me along with RLM for youtubers.

Sometimes it's just nice to have a real positive spin on movies.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

General Dog posted:

How do I bring up the possibility that Wonder Woman could be being graded on a curve because of gender politics without sounding like a piece of poo poo?

it sucked when ghostbusters (TWENTY SIXTEEN IT SUCKS I HAVE TO DO THIS) came out and was criminally unfunny, had bad effects, and was edited like poo poo because thanks to the red pill crowd if you said anything bad about it you suddenly hated women. it was legitimately a bad movie by people who either hated the original film or had no idea why it's a classic.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

it sucked when ghostbusters (TWENTY SIXTEEN IT SUCKS I HAVE TO DO THIS) came out and was criminally unfunny, had bad effects, and was edited like poo poo because thanks to the red pill crowd if you said anything bad about it you suddenly hated women. it was legitimately a bad movie by people who either hated the original film or had no idea why it's a classic.

I feel like 90% of the discussion around that movie ended up being "It's bad, but not for sexist reasons" so I don't think there was a sudden surge of misogyny accusations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i missed it if so. though you're right that i'm somewhat wrong - what i heard directed at me was "you only hate it because it's not the original".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPFMmCWqk2w

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

[John Wick voice] Whoa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dmitri-9 posted:

Hmmm I wonder 🤔🤔🤔

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nice try but every blind youtube link gets opened in an incognito window :smug:

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

WampaLord posted:

I feel like 90% of the discussion around that movie ended up being "It's bad, but not for sexist reasons" so I don't think there was a sudden surge of misogyny accusations.

Nah, it was all "grr womz" and "no, you see this movie is a grand monument to womanhood because". You're remembering the Something Awful discussion which was a bit more sane than that of the wildlands of the Internet/confused reporting.

Like, go through the reviews on rottentomatoes or other aggregator. All of them devote at least 1/3 of their length to internet shitstorms about womz/sexism. It sure didn't help Sony decided to damage control via whining about internet sexists (pre-emptively inserting a 'whining about sexist youtube comments' scene in the movie, bringing the issue up in every loving promo interview, etc.).

There was also this weird thing where half of positive reviews just drank the kool aid and pretended the movie was good and funny (ok, de gustibus) and the other half described each and every aspect of the movie as middling or unsatisfying and yet gave it a high mark in some grand feat of cognitive dissonance.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wonder Woman: Earth One was good

I like everything else Grant writes so this is probably true.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lichtenstein posted:

Nah, it was all "grr womz" and "no, you see this movie is a grand monument to womanhood because". You're remembering the Something Awful discussion which was a bit more sane than that of the wildlands of the Internet/confused reporting.

Well, of course, if you wade into the waters of the non-SA internet, you deserve the idiocy you receive.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ghostbusters has a 73 on rotten tomatoes despite being bad.

PostNouveau posted:

Charming enough.

lol

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 30, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ghostbusters 2016 was alright. Not great or nothing. Charming enough.

But if you want clicks or attention, everything has to be a glorious masterpiece or a loving atrocity.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It wasn't anything special but at least it was better than that screwy Dan Aykroyd flick.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Ghostbusters 2016 I haven't watched and I doubt I ever will. The action shots in the trailer annoyed me. Wonder Woman on the other hand. Meh. Why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mozi posted:

It wasn't anything special but at least it was better than that screwy Dan Aykroyd flick.

Nothing But Trouble?

• Locked thread