Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Raps should sign and trade Lowry for Stan Van (contractually only allowed to coach), the 12th pick and Boban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Away all Goats posted:

I'm not sure what kind of Veteran you could get that would teach Drummond how to give a poo poo (and shoot FTs) and make Reggie Jackson not terrible

Loul Deng

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
LeBron James Says He Will Own NBA Team After Retirement

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amming-national

He's probably going to be better than Jordan at that too.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

attackmole posted:

Why would Pheonix want Drummond? They're log jammed with bigs as is

Chandler
Len
Bender
Chriss.

Len and Chandler are rebounding bigs in the Drummond mold already. I guess Len could walk and Chandler might have already been thrown away as very expensive benchwarmer, but I suspect they're thinking about Bender and Chriss being the front court of their future. Obviously it could be years before Bender is ready (or he might bust) but it's hard for me to see them wanting to add a big name centre with four years left on their contract when you have a high potential player you're trying to develop behind him.

Len is a decent NBA player once every 3 months, Chandler is in retirement, Bender is a 3/4 and Chriss is a 4. That being said I have higher hopes for Drummond this year, now that he has 2 nostrils. I think Reggie Jackson might be Brandon Roy-ed, his knees might be chewed up like a T bone in a gravel backyard with a pitbull who never gets taken for walks.

I would trade Bledsoe for 12 a million times. Bledsoe for 60% of the year is better than Terrance Ferguson for 100% of the year, probably better than whoever stan would pick.

Markannen/Jarret Allen/Bam Abedayo all have potential but are all troubly fits with Drummond.

They have to sign to KCP to a max this offseason, so the team is basically capped out for the next 3 years. They're 100% reliant on Drummond improving,KCP making shots consistently, and hitting the lottery with bad picks

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 31, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Lockback posted:

LeBron James Says He Will Own NBA Team After Retirement

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...amming-national

He's probably going to be better than Jordan at that too.

I didn't know LeBron has a media company. Yet another way he'll surpass ME7O

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

look melo only said he would be the first digital athlete, not the GOAT digital athlete. any digital athleting lebron does, melo had to pave the way

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tim duncan, however, was the last truly analog athlete

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

duncan wasn't analog, he was pen & paper baby

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
That's why Lebron sold out the other players with the CBA

They probably paid for his hair plugs to put the icing on the cake

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Gallinari opted out

Rockets fans want to sign him. Hell yeah let's get him and Nene back with Gordon & Anderson and rename the team to the Houston Bone on Bone. Maybe we can get a jersey sponsorship from advil

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/869681534277529600

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

what if lebron retires next year to pursue a short lived dota2 career, only to return in 2 years after mediocrity to lead the cavs to another championship

would he be the goat then?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mr. Despair posted:

what if lebron retires next year to pursue a short lived dota2 career, only to return in 2 years after mediocrity to lead the cavs to another championship

I would love the irony that Lebron's first ever serious injury is because he tried doing a practice session of league.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Does anyone know how teams perform when a new stadium is built? I wonder if they do well the first year and drop off substantially for the next couple of years.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Don't let LeBron anywhere near a computer screen perfect eyesight is super important for what he does

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lebron is going to own a team and only hire his friends and associates to run it. The media will freak out and local geezer writers will be upset that "basketball experts" aren't being hired. Then the team will win a million championships, Lebron will get a face tattoo of Adolph Hitler wearing dad jeans and Jordan will go into hiding in Sam Smith's basement.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
LeBrons team is going to be bad because he doesn't have the clutch and cutthroat nature of Jordan

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Lebron already owns a team

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lebron was the first player to install f.lux.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

also since Lebron never went to college he wont waste a million picks drafting people from his alma mater

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BWV posted:

also since Lebron never went to college he wont waste a million picks drafting people from his alma mater

holy poo poo I didn't even think about that

Does that poo poo really happen bleh

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Speaking of Wilt, the Wilt Archive posted about 20 minutes of footage from the 1964 finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUgRNDkupA

He looks real good

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Mr. Despair posted:

im down

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
LeBron owing nerds in DOTA would be cool and good but I feel like it may make him into a retard

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

verbal enema posted:

holy poo poo I didn't even think about that

Does that poo poo really happen bleh

:smith:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dejan Bimble posted:

Len is a decent NBA player once every 3 months, Chandler is in retirement, Bender is a 3/4 and Chriss is a 4.

I can agree with most of that except the Bender part. I feel like Bender as a SF is a horrific experiment destined for failure and I didn't know it was a thing, but who knows. Internet comments are telling me that the coaches gave it up after half a season but I don't really watch Suns games so I can't confirm.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Suns shut down Chandler and Bledsoe like...2 months before the season ended.

There was a whole debacle with Knight refusing to rest.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

verbal enema posted:

LeBron owing nerds in DOTA would be cool and good but I feel like it may make him into a retard

now now there's good dota players that aren't subhuman scum

just give me a week to come up with them

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Craig K posted:

you have Seven Days

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

attackmole posted:

I can agree with most of that except the Bender part. I feel like Bender as a SF is a horrific experiment destined for failure and I didn't know it was a thing, but who knows. Internet comments are telling me that the coaches gave it up after half a season but I don't really watch Suns games so I can't confirm.

It's by necessity because he weighs 90 lbs at 6'11, he was drafted early in the lottery because he has the potential to be a switchy playmaking 5 someday, it's going to take a while for him to bulk up

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also there are no refs in DOTA soooo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The Glumslinger posted:

Speaking of Wilt, the Wilt Archive posted about 20 minutes of footage from the 1964 finals

He looks real good

I hadn't finished this when I posted it, but you need to watch the sequence between 6:15-6:30

Scores off the glass then runs down the court blocks Bill Russell on the fast break

Also, at 7:35, a nice shot of Wilt shooting his freethrows underhand

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
That play at 3:05 is funny to me, I can't put my finger on it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Craig K posted:

Dendi and like all of OG

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

He looks real good

Check out 5:20 for some elite guard play

also, yea, he's so loving good. head and shoulders better than anyone out there

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

attackmole posted:

You're right. Towards the end of the season he played more 4/5 and looked a lot better.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Craig K posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drC-OfVk__c\

He's also the captain of the team endorsed by Jeremy Lin so uh, NBA relevant. Maybe.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 31, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

E sports?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbQLTD4o0z4

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

attackmole posted:

Why would Pheonix want Drummond? They're log jammed with bigs as is

Chandler
Len
Bender
Chriss.

Len and Chandler are rebounding bigs in the Drummond mold already. I guess Len could walk and Chandler might have already been thrown away as very expensive benchwarmer, but I suspect they're thinking about Bender and Chriss being the front court of their future. Obviously it could be years before Bender is ready (or he might bust) but it's hard for me to see them wanting to add a big name centre with four years left on their contract when you have a high potential player you're trying to develop behind him.

Len is bad, Chandler's old, Bender is probably another year away from being able to play NBA minutes. They have room for another big in their rotation.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope Phoenix takes Fox so they'll have 4 Kentucky PGs on the roster while Cal scowls in the background and they once again end up fire selling good assets because they can't think of what to do with them all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Detroit can have all the veterans we have left
No actually they retired bill laimbeer's jersey so they all literally deserve to die

• Locked thread