Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why go for 6 x 10 when 2x 30 is much stronger for boyz.

Because the brigade requires 6 troop choices.

Edit: Beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

AndyElusive posted:

I might actually have to get a Monolith now.

Can someone explain this one to me?

99% sure it's supposed to say "hull".

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Der Waffle Mous posted:

It's very possible I either typod or google didn't know what I meant so yeah that makes sense. I was surprised at how much stuff was completely spot on in the translate though. I didn't touch a word of it, just dumped it here.

EDIT: Wait I just realized the best thing from 8th????

We can just loving fire weapons from whereever on a vehicle????

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Der Waffle Mous posted:

OK ya, that makes more sense, so...

quote:

Gravitic 
Always measures distances and ranges from and to the hull of this miniature, even if it has a base. 

Cool.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Some Grey Knight spoilers are up in the Facebook group, but I can't really rehost them on my phone.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Anything interesting for those of us without a Facebook account?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think that's a leak from every faction but Genestealers so far, even if just a unit each. Any thoughts on Guardsmen so far? They seem about as I expected.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Bee posted:

I think that's a leak from every faction but Genestealers so far, even if just a unit each.

Eldar havent had anything :(

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Leman russes can be fielded in squadrons still and predators can't, gently caress off. People are saying a russ with a battle cannon is 172 points. I guess I have to buy into guard again? There's a guy on 4chan taking pictures of poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Bee posted:

I think that's a leak from every faction but Genestealers so far, even if just a unit each. Any thoughts on Guardsmen so far? They seem about as I expected.

Actually we got some Genestealer stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUvfIOEAoi6/

Same dude also have Eldar stuff.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Seriously chuche, I play mech blood angels and I think the new space marine stuff looks great despite losing my useful overcharged engines. Chill out man.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
One thing that really annoys me looking at the grey Knight leaks is that the "all the rules you need on one sheet" is a complete lie, because they all only list the standard gear and say they can take equipment from the equipment list. I hadn't looked in detail at the other leaks and it is probably the same across all, but these are the first I really liked at.

Not much unexpected out of grey knights I think. The new psyker rules suck because they all use the same discipline. Purifiers purifying flame is now a buff to smite if within 3" of the Target.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

JBP posted:

Can you put a monster in a thunderhawk?

I mean, Dorn got the Ætos Dios :colbert:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Leman Russ Executioners good again.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NORTH-HALL posted:

Working out the cheapest brigade that's probably possible:

10 grots and a runtherd is apparently 54 points while 10 boyz is 60 so whatever, that's doubled the troops cost.

3 warbosses/big meks = 165pts
6x10 boys = 360pts
3x5 kommandos = 135pts
3x1 warbuggies with twin big shootas = 174pts
3x1 kannon big gun with 2 gunners = 81pts

total of 915pts + whatever other stuff they have to take that I missed.

Nobs are free.

http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1496187507030.jpg?__cf_waf_tk__=053783002mEhh1roC6Up3YSK9Wen3nLIA9Uw

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Oh, basic nemesis force falchion is AP -2 and D3 damage, and the weapons just go up from there.

Gatling psilencer is heavy 12, which could be fun.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 31, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Looks like you definitely can tie tanks up in melee with cheap suicide units and stop them from shooting then, since the baneblade has a rule that specifically lets it fall back and shoot, and can shoot while in melee. Sounds annoying.

Too bad the autocannon is still heavy 4, it used to be heavy 4 TL.

Punisher still 100% hilarious

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Nobs are free.

Oh awesome! I imagine orks get more out of free champs than everyone else cause Nobz rule.

Guess that gives you something for taking small mobs like truck boyz.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Seems like Cult Ambush is nerfed a little, but I can totally understand wanting to keep it in the existing paradigm. Guessing it'll be 6 inches for It Came From below, then?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Power Levels are hilarious.

10 guardsmen, all with lasguns: Power 3

10 guardsmen with a lascannon, melta gun, sergeant with a power weapon and a vox caster: Power 3

:D

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Yeast posted:

10 guardsmen with a lascannon, melta gun, sergeant with a power weapon and a vox caster: Power 3

Yeah, I saw someone complaining about this and then getting shouted down on Reddit for being a WAACer. Which is hilarious when the system that has huge exploitable power swings and allows for total min-maxing of equipment seems way more WAAC-friendly than just keeping a point list totaled up.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeast posted:

But why would you take just 10 lasgun guardsmen. Thought WYSIWYG was dead.

"This guy may look like he has a lasgun but in reality his mothers brother is a jokaero and sooped it up to lascannon power for his favorite nephew".

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

LingcodKilla posted:

But why would you take just 10 lasgun guardsmen. Thought WYSIWYG was dead.

"This guy may look like he has a lasgun but in reality his mothers brother is a jokaero and sooped it up to lascannon power for his favorite nephew".

If they accept that lore excuse, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Looks like you definitely can tie tanks up in melee with cheap suicide units and stop them from shooting then, since the baneblade has a rule that specifically lets it fall back and shoot, and can shoot while in melee. Sounds annoying.

Too bad the autocannon is still heavy 4, it used to be heavy 4 TL.

Punisher still 100% hilarious

whats real hilarious is how 3 months ago the only space marine you had was a librarian, but you decided to go ape poo poo and buy a ton of space marine garbage even though you knew the new edition was coming down the pipe. now here you are hand wringing about how everything isnt the same oh woe is me!

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

The Bee posted:

Seems like Cult Ambush is nerfed a little, but I can totally understand wanting to keep it in the existing paradigm. Guessing it'll be 6 inches for It Came From below, then?
Just finished a bunch of special weapon Acolytes, here's one screaming in impotent rage about a possible (very minor) ambush nerf:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

whats real hilarious is how 3 months ago the only space marine you had was a librarian, but you decided to go ape poo poo and buy a ton of space marine garbage even though you knew the new edition was coming down the pipe. now here you are hand wringing about how everything isnt the same oh woe is me!

Seriously, Predators looks pretty nasty in 8th as do every other space marine vehicle. My hopes for my mech list are very high.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

BuffaloChicken posted:

Just finished a bunch of special weapon Acolytes, here's one screaming in impotent rage about a possible (very minor) ambush nerf:

Ooh, I love the color scheme you picked on these guys. Really makes the yellow power tools and red dynamite sticks pop, and it's a nice contrast from the lavender and blue most of the Cult has for a default paint job.

I'm still finding myself wondering what colors would work for Cult models. I have a lot of emeralds and yellows for a Warmachine Everblight paint project I'm working on, with these guys being my next target, but I don't think such loud colors would work well for them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Isn't the point of power levels to just take the fully tricked out squad and decide between melta or plasma or similar?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

BuffaloChicken posted:

These own so hard.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BuffaloChicken posted:

Oh wow, those socket eyes are really crazy. Never seen that on GSC before!

Catachan GSC?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Yes, I got really into the 30k scene here. I was excited about 8th edition but it's not looking that my marine army meshes with it well so it'll probably stay 30k.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually we got some Genestealer stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUvfIOEAoi6/

Same dude also have Eldar stuff.

AAAAAAAAAAAH this totally rules AAAAAAAAH

Goddamn, I can't wait. I'm giving GW money now. Update on the miscast Carnifex I had: GW just sent me a new kit like v:)v "Sorry bro, use this."

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Man, AdMech took a fuckton of hits. Emanatus on the Dunecrawlers is now just 5+ with rerolls of 1. Transauranic Arquebus can no longer move and shoot. Galvanic Rifles have 30" range rapid fire, 6's give the gun -1 AP. Radium Carbines do 2 damage on 6's (like now.)

Doctrina Imperatives are gone, just canticles across the army.

I guess I'll see how they play, but I don't feel like they're improved much. Feels like they've been knocked down.

I'll post pages shortly.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Zuul the Cat posted:

Man, AdMech took a fuckton of hits. Emanatus on the Dunecrawlers is now just 5+ with rerolls of 1. Transauranic Arquebus can no longer move and shoot. Galvanic Rifles have 30" range rapid fire, 6's give the gun -1 AP. Radium Carbines do 2 damage on 6's (like now.)

Doctrina Imperatives are gone, just canticles across the army.

I guess I'll see how they play, but I don't feel like they're improved much. Feels like they've been knocked down.

I'll post pages shortly.

Too bad, that was my first choice for an army to expand into. Don't know enough about it to make much of a judgement on rules changes but definitely sad if the dunecrawlers got worse.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
AdMech Pages:

Dunecrawlers got their forcefield nerfed, and as far as I can see lost the Cognis Manipulator, and can no longer self-heal.

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 07:05 on May 31, 2017

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
I haven't actually seen any multi-toughness units yet, looking back. The nobs have the same toughness as the boys, the mek grots count as a different unit after deployment, etc.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Catachan GSC?
Yup! Wanted to combine the look/colors of my existing Catachan, like these Grenadier Veterans:

With my yellow/green Tyranids:

Real happy with how the combo turned out for the Cult! I can use them alongside either Nids or Catachan and they fit in perfectly.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

General Olloth posted:

I haven't actually seen any multi-toughness units yet, looking back. The nobs have the same toughness as the boys, the mek grots count as a different unit after deployment, etc.

Were the nobs T4? My mistake, I thought they were T5.

Since kastelans and datasmiths are split there might not be any mixed toughness stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

BuffaloChicken posted:

Yup! Wanted to combine the look/colors of my existing Catachan, like these Grenadier Veterans:

With my yellow/green Tyranids:

Real happy with how the combo turned out for the Cult! I can use them alongside either Nids or Catachan and they fit in perfectly.

I'm still dying for this edition to tell me if Cult alliances are "and" or "or". Being able to freely pair the three factions together in a GSC army would be incredible, and the Faction Focus page was painfully unclear.

• Locked thread