Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

Deen can become a Dread Fighter though, so Deen is better.

It's like, oh man Kamui, you have 2 RES, I can't let you anywhere near these wizards

*becomes Dread Fighter, literally has no weaknesses whatsoever*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pureauthor posted:

You have literally 3 other dread fighters excluding Atlas.

Also with the way promotions works, there's very little difference in the Dread Fighters in the end.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Is there a place in-game where base conversations are recorded?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pureauthor posted:

Killing Deen gives you earlier access to the brave sword so for that alone he has to die.

Edit: The happy send off that Berkut got I found too much, but I did like what they did with Fernand.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 31, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

Killing Deen gives you earlier access to the brave sword so for that alone he has to die.

Edit: The happy send off that Berkut got I found too much, but I did like what they did with Fernand.

I don't know if i'd call Berkut's send off happy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

Like I seriously don't know how you deal with the eyeballs destroying peg knights outside of heavy grinding.

Arts and attacking with multiple units before they split too much, same as you'd do with archers

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hunt11 posted:

I don't think anyone else sees Rinea so it came off like a dying fever dream to me.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Atlas works well in the Merc class line because he easily reaches ORKO thresholds against dracozombies and sometimes armored terrors with the Blessed Swords, and Brave Sword crits scale exponentially with Atk so he could also ORKO enemies other DFs can't. And tbh having more DFs isn't a bad thing because the class is busted.

But Mage Atlas has a very legit niche too for his ridiculous Rescue range and Sagittae nuking.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Ahaha wow, Witch Mountain: Witch Harder can go gently caress itself.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

archers own and murder all witches and mages instantly from clear across the map

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lets hang out posted:

archers own and murder all witches and mages instantly from clear across the map

yeah well all my archers suck so take that buddy

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

Leon and Tobin own. Python...................does not.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Python is still decent even with the worst luck on hard mode. You actually need him near Clive and Lukas, not Forsythe to get Hit bonus.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

just give any archer a killer bow and it doesnt matter what their stats are

i should have made atlas an archer because i don't really like maneuevering his slow rear end in this desert

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Merc Atlas is useless at the Stronghold but he can rack up kills on Sonya's map. Just be sure to have Genny summon some punchbags so he doesn't get toasted and zapped to death.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So I just got the game. For a good time, should I go for Hard or Normal?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Tired Moritz posted:

So I just got the game. For a good time, should I go for Hard or Normal?

I'm on Hard and the game seems pretty easy so far.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
okay cool. Now which of the villagers can I reclass to a permaloop so I don't have to worry about stats?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

So I tried this game and because I'm dumb I let Alm's healer die (and faye is promoted to pegasus), playing on hard, and I got further ahead in the story to when you can control Alm and Celica's army separately. Those desert maps are super awful and everything feels like such a grind. How screwed am I that Alm has no healer and does playing on normal reduce enemy HP? So far playing this makes me just want to go back to Fates, but at least the plot isn't as bad!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

okay cool. Now which of the villagers can I reclass to a permaloop so I don't have to worry about stats?

Merc - Myrmidon - Dread Fighters - Villagers

You can also use the free DLC pitchfork for a onetime loop which should max out most stats.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Heaven Spacey posted:

It's like, oh man Kamui, you have 2 RES, I can't let you anywhere near these wizards

*becomes Dread Fighter, literally has no weaknesses whatsoever*

Also, this is literally every Dread Fighter in the game! Having more Dread Fighters is never a bad thing, and if you really want to do something else with them, you can still take Dread Fighters for a loop to ensure that the guy has max stats (or close to them) when you do.

And part of that is how ridiculously good the class skills for the Dread Fighter is: Res +5 in a game where Res is exceedingly low AND Apotrope that halves magic damage? Yes please!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

grats on getting 3 points of strength in the 9 levels you've gotten atlas

really putting in the work with that 1 extra luck

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Captainicus posted:

So I tried this game and because I'm dumb I let Alm's healer die (and faye is promoted to pegasus), playing on hard, and I got further ahead in the story to when you can control Alm and Celica's army separately. Those desert maps are super awful and everything feels like such a grind. How screwed am I that Alm has no healer and does playing on normal reduce enemy HP? So far playing this makes me just want to go back to Fates, but at least the plot isn't as bad!

Silque is one of the best party members that also has Warp. You're short changed a party member for nothing because everyone deploys so good luck with that.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Alm doesn't get another healer until very late in the game so you may want to uh, consider restarting or reverting to an earlier save. I don't know how you can get through some of the Act 3 maps without a healer.

Normal reduces enemy stats in general so HP too probably.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Are there items that increase growth rates? I haven't touched Faye/Slique/Alm/Lukas while I let the myrm crew just sweep everything.

I like seeing numbers go up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you're going to regret not leveling alm

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So is there a good map for the final dungeon?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Endorph posted:

you're going to regret not leveling alm

b-b-b-but I need muh optimal growths

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Despite the deserts and the swamps and the bow forts my least favorite map in the whole game has to be Rigel Falls.

It's not even hard it's just like "oh hey let's divide the army in two and make them deploy a skeleton crew against the more challenging group of enemies so they have to painstakingly warp people over the river", just pissing with the players for no reason.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Tired Moritz posted:

Are there items that increase growth rates? I haven't touched Faye/Slique/Alm/Lukas while I let the myrm crew just sweep everything.

I like seeing numbers go up.

DLC randomly drops items that increase certain growths when equipped.

Alm is one of two characters that has very good growths even outside the context of the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

b-b-b-but I need muh optimal growths

idk how to tell you this but alm has the best growths in the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also if you made tobin a mercenary he has some of the worst growths in the game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

Yeah but he can go back into Villager so it doesn't matter!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh god is that the stupid gimmick that guy is doing

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

Who cares, still a Dread Fighter

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Endorph posted:

idk how to tell you this but alm has the best growths in the game

I must be cursed because I got 2 1 stat levels in a row.

Can I go back to the fountains or should I feed them all to Gray

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If you're going for some sorta max stats run then you shouldn't use fountains at all until after everyone's promoted. You can wait until later.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tired Moritz posted:

I must be cursed because I got 2 1 stat levels in a row.

Can I go back to the fountains or should I feed them all to Gray

So you got all of two one-stat levels and then benched him forever? Lol, whatever dude.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Silver Falcon posted:

So you got all of two one-stat levels and then benched him forever? Lol, whatever dude.

Not forever. Just until I'm in the mood to turnwheel spam for optimal stats.

I'm a goon at heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

Not forever. Just until I'm in the mood to turnwheel spam for optimal stats.

I'm a goon at heart.

Please stop taking pride in strategies that are stupid and will actively screw you over in the endgame.

• Locked thread