Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Snak posted:

Halp, Yakuza 0 is impossible :(

Would it be too much to quote back any single Dark Souls post of yours and just tell you to get good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i upload at very high quality but it still takes me 20+ minutes to upload a five minute video to youtube from my pc. i think at&t hates youtube because my connection to it is too lovely to even stream from it at decent quality.

also the inability to delete notifications is still bizarre. back when the witcher 3 came out for some reason it failed to upload a bunch of my saves and the game was continuously trying to upload a rolling set of auto saves for like 20 hours, i cant remember how many failed upload notifications i had to delete it was a nightmare

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Fix posted:

Would it be too much to quote back any single Dark Souls post of yours and just tell you to get good?

There are a number of differences between DS and Yakuza, and a big one is no real lockon. Another is that some attacks seem to have a random chance of success.

I'm asking what I need to do to get good, because mostly I'm getting punched in the back if the head. Not a problem that exists in Dark Souls.

Edit: I have Hulu data, something I have no idea why I needs to try to upload, that it's failed to upload ever day for almost a year. I had to delete failed Hulu uploads through nlast September before I could upload a YouTube video.

Even though that makes no sense.

Snak fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 31, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Snak posted:

There are a number of differences between DS and Yakuza, and a big one is no real lockon. Another is that some attacks seem to have a random chance of success.

I'm asking what I need to do to get good, because mostly I'm getting punched in the back if the head. Not a problem that exists in Dark Souls.
Man I dunno what Dark Souls you were playing that a good third of your deaths weren't being hit in the back of the head.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
In DS, if you are locked on, you will always be facing your enemy. If you got hit in the back, you didn't lock on.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Snak posted:

Edit: I have Hulu data, something I have no idea why I needs to try to upload, that it's failed to upload ever day for almost a year. I had to delete failed Hulu uploads through nlast September before I could upload a YouTube video.

Even though that makes no sense.

Stop wasting your time trying to upload videos and just beat the dude.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Snak posted:

In DS, if you are locked on, you will always be facing your enemy. If you got hit in the back, you didn't lock on.
You're saying you didn't fall for a single one of those corridors with a hard to see gap in the wall that an enemy is waiting for you to go past and attack you from behind?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know which part of yakuza 0 you're having trouble with but in my experience the answer to virtually every problem is 'beast style'

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

You're saying you didn't fall for a single one of those corridors with a hard to see gap in the wall that an enemy is waiting for you to go past and attack you from behind?

What fuckin dark souls are you talking about?

Edit: I beat the guy. Yay for bitching on the internet.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Giant Bomb has their Quick Look of Tekken 7 up:

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-tekken-7/2300-12090/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Snak posted:

What loving dark souls are you talking about? That's in all of them

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I do not know what you're talking about.

Do you have an example?

The closest example I can think of is Lower Undaad Burge, heading towards the Depths, but it's like, super telegraphed...

Regardless, I was talking.about the ability of enemies you are fighting toe-to-toe to just move behind you and stun you from behind. Not remotely a thing in DS...

Snak fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 31, 2017

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fix posted:

Stop wasting your time trying to upload videos and just beat the dude.

Snak posted:

Edit: I beat the guy. Yay for bitching on the internet.

I'm your spirit guide from here on out. Just crush all of the dudes. Put bats to the bridges of all their noses. Rise and triumph except at slot car racing because that poo poo is rigged.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Snak posted:

Holding R1 locks on to an enemy, but you usually don't want to do that if you're fighting a large group since you'll want to be able to send attacks in any direction. Kiryu's Thug style has either a builtin or early-unlockable counterattack ability that's great for responding to potshots. Avoid getting surrounded by dodging and running when necessary, but IMO the best way to not be surrounded is to knock enemies flat with a combo's finishing attack. Basically just do light attack combos and punctuate them with the occasional strong attack when you have two or more guys in front of you or you need cut off an enemy's attack windup. That'll keep the pressure off and let you build up some heat which will give you momentum in the fight. Once you get a sense of the basic rhythm you should start doing heat attacks, using grabs, picking up weapons, and trying other styles. Not sure what attacks have a random chance of success, I've been playing for hours and it all feels pretty deterministic.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

what's been the feedback on Rime so far? It looks interesting.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

or, and hear me out, you can pick up a motorcycle in the beast stance and just crush them all in two swings

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Locking on does not keep you facing towards them when they dodge though, which makes it almost pointless...

Yeah, beast is really good for any situation where there are lots of weapons of opportunity.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yakuza 0 boss fights: do you have a buncha moves unlocked for all sets?

Ok then either duel them in the matching move set or bash them to bits using the other two

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Snak posted:

Locking on does not keep you facing towards them when they dodge though, which makes it almost pointless...

Yeah, beast is really good for any situation where there are lots of weapons of opportunity.

When they dodge dodge back twice made me live forever

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Protip for any Yakuza game: Fill your pockets with healing items.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Yakuza was a far more enjoyable game for myself once I slammed it down to easy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Geeze Louise psn. I would have thought 24 hours would be enough time to download Nier but I guess not.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Anyone else having problems with their system locking up trying to turn on since downloading the latest firmware? Exact same thing I had last time too.

"Rebuilding database: Remaining time 99 hours"

It might have been the thing that hosed up my portable hard drive because after installing it I had to format my portable hard drive :suicide:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mafia 3 worth £15?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Did I just miss Bloodborne being on sale on the PS Store? :doh:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Attitude Indicator posted:

I haven't played it yet but the sense I've gotten is that it's cool but kinda cloying, it's all awe all the time so it doesn't hit the way it should. I still wanna play it tho.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

With the "Spend 100 get 15" deal coming up I have a couple questions.

1: If I add money to my PSN wallet before the sale starts but spend it during the sale will it still count towards the 100?

2: Do things like renewing PS+ or my PS Vue subscription count towards the $100? I think my PS+ is up next month and my Vue sub will renew during the sale so...

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Devil Dice, Vagrant Story,

I loved devil dice so much.
I would also kill a man for a highly polished & beautiful remake of vagrant story. plus a 2x speed option. possibly an easy mode, but i was much younger when I played it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would pay for a version that doesn't take five minutes every time you want to access your stash for crafting.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

1: If I add money to my PSN wallet before the sale starts but spend it during the sale will it still count towards the 100?

2: Do things like renewing PS+ or my PS Vue subscription count towards the $100? I think my PS+ is up next month and my Vue sub will renew during the sale so...

1) Yes

2) It counts but only if you buy it in the store rather than using a card (as least for PS+, not sure about Vue)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of PS+, here are your June PS+ games

Killing Floor 2, PS4
Life is Strange, PS4
Abyss Odyssey, PS3
WRC 5: World Rally Championship, PS3
Neon Chrome, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
Spy Chameleon, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

glam rock hamhock posted:

1) Yes

2) It counts but only if you buy it in the store rather than using a card (as least for PS+, not sure about Vue)

I get two e-mails a month for my vue sub (one saying funds have been added to my wallet and one confirming the payment) so I assume it's spending from the wallet. Thanks for the info!

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

You know a date?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Anyone else having problems with their system locking up trying to turn on since downloading the latest firmware? Exact same thing I had last time too.

"Rebuilding database: Remaining time 99 hours"

I did but downloading the update in safe mode seemed to fix it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Attitude Indicator posted:

It's short and there are performance issues, but I really enjoyed it. It's a mix between Ico and Journey, if it ever goes on sale for $10-$15 I would recommend.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is anyone else getting a noticeably more sluggish UI after the new update? I just turned on the PS4 for the first time since 4.7 (or whatever the latest one is) and it's definitely noticeably choppier.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Morby posted:

You know a date?

June 9th through June 20th

I think that means their E3 sale (assuming they do one again) will hit during the latter part of it as well

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

June 9th through June 20th

I think that means their E3 sale (assuming they do one again) will hit during the latter part of it as well

Good to know. My PS+ comes up for renewal 6/9 or 6/10. Hope it counts towards the $100.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Starsnostars posted:

I did but downloading the update in safe mode seemed to fix it.

Yeah that's what I had to do. System locked a few times before even letting me into that menu, but once I did that it started working normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is anyone else getting a noticeably more sluggish UI after the new update? I just turned on the PS4 for the first time since 4.7 (or whatever the latest one is) and it's definitely noticeably choppier.

Yeah, things seem to take longer to load on the home screen for me.