Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
There was a video of someone doing flips while using one, I think unless you're literally trying to cover it up intentionally it'll probably be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Fooz posted:

Samsung showed off this screen today, pics taken through the lenses.

This image makes a lot more sense in context for those who didn't grow up with Where's Waldo? Books. Those people illustrated are only a couple mm tall each.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Hi goons, if you're not sold on Star Trek Bridge Crew a really handsome guy did a stream earlier today and will be doing another one shortly. My impression? It's amazing.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Hi goons, if you're not sold on Star Trek Bridge Crew a really handsome guy did a stream earlier today and will be doing another one shortly. My impression? It's amazing.

Yeah, I just came back from an hour of playing it, it's really good.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Fooz posted:

Samsung showed off this screen today, pics taken through the lenses.
No Waldo, VR is a failure

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

lmao put the current one on youtube please this is hilarious.

"or has it seen... beta days "

".... you're fired"

lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am actually hurting from laughing so hard. That was a complete and total justification of virtual reality and the hundreds of dollars I've dumped into it, holy poo poo. That was loving fantastic - Bridge Crew is a must-buy!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That does look fun as hell but I'm worried about how it plays with randos (both the lack of camaraderie and the lack of skill/order following/playing the objective).

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

haveblue posted:

That does look fun as hell but I'm worried about how it plays with randos (both the lack of camaraderie and the lack of skill/order following/playing the objective).

Pretty well, actually! Everyone has to communicate and improvise to succeed, and it's pretty much impossible to troll.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The Walrus posted:

lmao put the current one on youtube please this is hilarious.

Still processing but here you go. Enjoy this highlight if it is processing

haveblue posted:

In the first VoD I play most of it with randos after the goons either crash or step out. They're pretty great.

Taintrunner posted:

I am actually hurting from laughing so hard. That was a complete and total justification of virtual reality and the hundreds of dollars I've dumped into it, holy poo poo. That was loving fantastic - Bridge Crew is a must-buy!

While this man is absolutely useless at any station aboard a federation starship - he is spot on with this opinion. :patriot:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

While this man is absolutely useless at any station aboard a federation starship - he is spot on with this opinion. :patriot:

Pfft, I was an excellent helmsman!

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Does ubisoft do PC-PSVR cross play as well? Would be great if so, might mean when I finally get to play vr again in a month, there will still be people on Bridge Crew...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

El Grillo posted:

Does ubisoft do PC-PSVR cross play as well? Would be great if so, might mean when I finally get to play vr again in a month, there will still be people on Bridge Crew...

Yeah, we had me on the Rift, two on Vive, and one with Playstation VR all in the same session and it all flowed together perfectly!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

El Grillo posted:

Yeah, Mateo (PSVR guy) didnt use motion controls so they couldnt gesture, otherwise he played the same as the rest of us.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Can you invite PSVR people via uplay IDs or is the cross play just matchmaking? Should we set up a spreadsheet or something

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

homeless snail posted:

Can you invite PSVR people via uplay IDs or is the cross play just matchmaking? Should we set up a spreadsheet or something

It's via uplay. There's a username channel in the VR Goons discord channel, that's how we found eachother.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
does it matter what platform you buy bridge crew on? is it just u-play anyway?

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
That looks cool as hell, I'm going to have to pick that up!

Is it multiplayer groups only? I could see a player base dying out.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syves posted:

does it matter what platform you buy bridge crew on? is it just u-play anyway?

Nope! I really like it on Rift with the Touch controllers, but that's just me. Everyone can play together.

InevitableCheese posted:

You can find pubbies really easily, or try the VR goons Discord.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
I have a rift too. What platform did you buy it on? Steam, Oculus Home, or uplay itself?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Syves posted:

I have a rift too. What platform did you buy it on? Steam, Oculus Home, or uplay itself?

I personally bought it through the uplay store and chose an Oculus Home key, then activated it through Oculus Home. All three major headsets can cross-play together since it uses UPlay for the friends list and servers.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Nalin posted:

I personally bought it through the uplay store and chose an Oculus Home key, then activated it through Oculus Home. All three major headsets can cross-play together since it uses UPlay for the friends list and servers.

My god, the first time uPlay makes sense.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Shamus Young has finished his write-up series on the Zenimax v Facebook trial and the tl;dr is he spends it sucking Carmack's cock and completely uncritically accepting all his absurd arguments (and completely ignores his bald-faced lie about wiping his hard drive) and also that Zenimax is a supervillain.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Shamus Young has finished his write-up series on the Zenimax v Facebook trial and the tl;dr is he spends it sucking Carmack's cock and completely uncritically accepting all his absurd arguments (and completely ignores his bald-faced lie about wiping his hard drive) and also that Zenimax is a supervillain.

Who the heck is Shamus Young

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Flying with goons is easily some of the most fun I've had in VR. Looking forward to captaining while drunk and throwing myself out of my chair whenever we take fire

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

InevitableCheese posted:

You can play it single player I'm pretty sure, you get AI crew members and you can give them general orders and take over their positions if need be

Chrome told me that site was dangerous so I didn't read it

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

KakerMix posted:

Who the heck is Shamus Young

The "But what do they EAT!?" guy.

Lemming posted:

Chrome told me that site was dangerous so I didn't read it

what in the goddamn gently caress where did that s come from

Let's try this again.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Sorry but I had to clarify. In the Uplay shop there are 2 options "VR Rift" and "VR Vive". I have a Rift, but I can buy the "VR Vive" version (which activates on Steam) and play with my rift using Steam VR? I would prefer it to do this way to not fragment my library.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gorson posted:

Sorry but I had to clarify. In the Uplay shop there are 2 options "VR Rift" and "VR Vive". I have a Rift, but I can buy the "VR Vive" version (which activates on Steam) and play with my rift using Steam VR? I would prefer it to do this way to not fragment my library.

I bought it off Steam and it worked with my rift just fine!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

I bought it off Steam and it worked with my rift just fine!

Thanks! They could really have made that more clear in the shop.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Does Star Trek music play in the background while you play?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AndrewP posted:

Does Star Trek music play in the background while you play?

Yes and if you play on the TOS Enterprise bridge all the audio is period-appropriate.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

The "But what do they EAT!?" guy.

Ah, yeah that's a bummer because those insightful videos were cool as heck. Still are I suppose but now I know he's ~one of those~ people.

Star Trek looks wicked fun.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just did the Star Trek prologue with some excellent pubbies, fantastic. VR pubbies are good.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Warbird posted:

I also got around to Super Hot VR; it's short, but a real hoot. I wonder if a level editor or encounter designer could be in the work.

I believe the developer had mentioned that a level editor just won't be possible because of their game engine design. If it were possible, I imagine it would have an incredible amount of levels designed due to the lack of needing anything but geometry. Don't need to spend much time getting textures just right or detailed models.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Here's my very in depth Star Trek Bridge Crew review: Its Good

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Bridge crew is a lot of fun, but very dependent on not playing with idiot mouth breathers. Getting into a mission with a group thats totally falling into character, is some of the geekiest fun I've had.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Tom Guycot posted:

Bridge crew is a lot of fun, but very dependent on not playing with idiot mouth breathers. Getting into a mission with a group thats totally falling into character, is some of the geekiest fun I've had.

But playing with goons is what makes it fun.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I dug out my ol' DK2 for some Star Trek Bridge Crew multiplayer, turns out that at some point Oculus disabled software IPD adjustment making it just about useless. None of the workarounds seem to work, has anyone else had any luck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SwissCM posted:

I dug out my ol' DK2 for some Star Trek Bridge Crew multiplayer, turns out that at some point Oculus disabled software IPD adjustment making it just about useless. None of the workarounds seem to work, has anyone else had any luck?

DK2 IPD Workaround:

Exit Oculus Home
Stop OVRService
Edit the file C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Oculus\NetServer.cfg
On the line that says "DK2LensSeparationOverride": 0,
Change 0 to your IPD (in meters: example for 63.8mm change to 0.0638)
Save the file
Start OVRService

Note: I haven't tried this but I've just looked at that file on my PC and it is there, can't see why this wouldn't work :)