Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Coohoolin posted:

For or against?

For. Obviously. Loch Lomond should be our national anthem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

A mashup of Thor Ragnarok and the GE. I'd watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpSIzx0Ta0Y

Am I doing this right?

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Jeremy Corbyn is actually good

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Vlex posted:

A mashup of Thor Ragnarok and the GE. I'd watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpSIzx0Ta0Y

Am I doing this right?
I'm so sick of everything.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Macarius Wrench posted:

For. Obviously. Loch Lomond should be our national anthem!

Is this Pete Wishart? I think Acaila said he was a bit of a poo poo.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

J_RBG posted:

He is fully sick OP

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

J_RBG posted:

It Is True

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

J_RBG posted:

I just double checked the numbers and can confirm this

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Asked Chris Stephens on twitter last night thoughts on universal basic income, as I know Matt Kerr has been outspoken for it.

Now asked Matt how he voted in labour leadership, to gauge if he supports Corbyn, which i suspect he does. If he doesn't, then mind made. If he does, im still stuck.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Looks like it's confirmed Corbs is ducking out of the Bristol rally for the debate.

I got on an earlier train to get back from London in time for it, but I ain't even mad. There's bigger fish for him to fry

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/CarolineLucas/status/869877990154547200

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rakosi posted:

Apparently this was the breakdown.

Crime: UKIP
Economy: Labour
Environment: Lib Dem
Brexit: Con
NHS: UKIP
Immigration: Con
Retirement: Con
Democracy: Con
Education: Con
Equalities and Rights: UKIP
Foreign Policy/Defence: UKIP
Housing: Labour
Jobs/Work: Labour
Tax & Benefits: Labour

It's not terribly accurate because some of the picks were a bit of a crapshoot and I could've equally opted for another similar one.
Ukip on health????

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Party 4
Invest an extra £11 billion every year into the NHS and social care by the end of the next parliament.
Discontinue the 1% pay increase cap for frontline NHS workers earning less than £35,000.
Guarantee rights of EU nationals working in the health and social care to remain here.
10,000 additional GPs by 2025.
Increase planned spending on mental health services by at least £500 million every year.
Lift the cap on medical school training places from 7,500 to 10,000.
Non-urgent NHS care only for British citizens or foreign nationals who have paid UK taxes for at least 5 years.
Establish a Department for Health and Care, and create a sustainably funded social care system assimilated into the NHS.

Sounds good until you get to the gently caress the foreigners bit, and remember that ukip have said they want to privatise the nhs

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
If we're doing this.

Ideologically pure.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/869897881251139584

Fingers crossed

Honestly can't figure out a better way to motivate Labour supporters than this

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Rakosi posted:

Apparently this was the breakdown.

Crime: UKIP
Brexit: Con
NHS: UKIP
Immigration: Con
Retirement: Con
Democracy: Con
Education: Con
Equalities and Rights: UKIP
Foreign Policy/Defence: UKIP
Jobs/Work: Labour
Tax & Benefits: Labour

It's not terribly accurate because some of the picks were a bit of a crapshoot and I could've equally opted for another similar one.

pretty messed up that you clicked okay on the button that just said 'BRING BACK HANGING!!!' in 42pt impact font

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Its 2017 and your not in the loop with the greatest leftwing youtuber Shah Alexander Jahans the true hero of the people

Stop advertising your Youtube channel in this thread

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Is theres a Tory soundbite bingo card for tonight?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Gorn Myson posted:

It's a single square just reading "STRONG AND STABLE"

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Lovechop posted:

pretty messed up that you clicked okay on the button that just said 'BRING BACK HANGING!!!' in 42pt impact font

I am completely opposed to the death penalty in all cases.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Way more yellow and green there than I was expecting. I found that a few of the policies offered up were so similar to each other it was hard to pick one from the list.

Crime: Lib Dem
Democracy: Green
Education: Lib Dem
Equalities & Rights: Green
Europe / Brexit: Labour
Foreign Policy / Defence: Lib Dem
Health / NHS: Labour
Immigration: Lib Dem
Jobs / Work: Green
Retirement: Lib Dem
Tax & Benefits: Lib Dem

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Advice please.

I've never bet on anything on my life and I'm also a dumb baby who doesn't understand odds - I assume 9/2 odds means "your £2 turns into £9 if it happens" but what does 2/9 odds mean?

Also, what's the best betting shop? Or is it simply a case of whoever gives the best odds for the outcome in question

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I hadn't realised Amber Rudd was going to be on the debate, I thought the Tories were just ignoring it.

That seems like a incredibly badly thought out move. It abandons any chance of looking presidential and above it all, and just makes it look like May is too scared to go on herself.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Oberleutnant posted:

On 22 Jun 1998:
Theresa May voted against reducing the age of consent for homosexual acts from eighteen to sixteen bringing equality to the the law affecting heterosexual and homosexual acts. Show vote
On 4 Nov 2002:
Theresa May voted no on Adoption and Children Bill — Suitability Of Adopters Show vote
On 10 Mar 2003:
Theresa May was absent for a vote on Local Government Bill — Maintain Prohibition on Promotion of Homosexuality (Section 28) Show vote
On 25 May 2004:
Theresa May was absent for a vote on Gender Recognition Bill — Allow Marriages to Remain Valid If They Become a Same Sex Marriage Show vote
On 12 Oct 2004:
Theresa May voted yes on Civil Partnership Bill [Lords] Show vote
On 19 Mar 2007:
Theresa May was absent for a vote on Equality Act (Sexual Orientation) Regulations Show vote
On 5 Feb 2013:
Theresa May voted in favour of allowing same sex couples to marry. Show vote
On 21 May 2013:
Theresa May voted in favour of allowing same sex couples to marry. Show vote
On 5 Mar 2014:
Theresa May voted to enable the courts to deal with proceedings for the divorce of, or annulment of the marriage of, a same sex couple. Show vote
On 5 Mar 2014:
Theresa May voted to make same sex marriage available to armed forces personnel outside the UK. Show vote

If one wants to ascribe a motive to these votes I'd guess it's a typical "don't care what they do in the privacy of their own homes" blah blah bullshit.
Let gay people marry because that's private between them, but for god's sake don't let them anywhere near children!!

More like she's a weathercock and realised (a bit later than most) that being anti-gay-rights was no longer a vote grabber.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Advice please.

I've never bet on anything on my life and I'm also a dumb baby who doesn't understand odds - I assume 9/2 odds means "your £2 turns into £9 if it happens" but what does 2/9 odds mean?

Also, what's the best betting shop? Or is it simply a case of whoever gives the best odds for the outcome in question

9/2 means a £2 bet gets you £9 and your £2 stake back, turning £2 into £11 in your pocket. A 2/9 means a £9 bet gets you £2 and your £9 stake back, turning £9 into £11 in your pocket.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Advice please.

9/2 means your £2 gets you £9 winnings plus your original stake, so £11. 2/9 means your £9 gets you £2 winnings plus your original stalke, so £11 for a far larger stake. Or 44p plus your stake for a £2 bet.

https://www.oddschecker.com/ compares odds from different bookies.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Advice please.

it's the exact same X/Y i.e. it means your £9 stake turns into £2 winnings.
you also get the stake back on a winning bet, in case that's what's confusing you.

all betting shops are the worst and you shouldn't go to any of them.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
this is the page of a country with a gambling problem

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Advice please.

2/9 means a 9 pound bet gets you 2 pound winnings. (Winnings as in profit - you always get your stake back on a winning bet).

Not sure how many bookies do coupon political bets in the shops and I'm not sure if you want your first exposure to the wonderful world of gambling to be an open-slip bet. Having said that William Hills staff are generally very nice about talking novice gamblers through the process if you feel like breaking your cherry.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
The local bookies down the road does nothing but attract dodgy old alcoholics who loiter about the street and outside the shop drinking out of 2l bottles of strongbow.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's the internet economy for you.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Bookie pays the number on the left, you put up the number on the right

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
A while back I stuck a fiver on the Tories having the most seats at 1/50, so if my jinx doesn't work I'll at least be able to afford a third of a Freddo.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I got 54% labour, 27% lib Dem and 18% Green. That sounds about right.

I've got others doing it now, it's pretty interesting as they've never really known the policies of the main parties before.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
We really have gone into bizarro world

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/869899696453672961

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

You can of course just bet online if you don't want to interact with any human beings, it's what I do

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

I guess he's salty af that the ukip vote has collapsed and gone to the Tories? I genuinely can't imagine he's saying this poo poo in any amount of good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008

Gorn Myson posted:

Got you covered fam

• Locked thread