Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

nimby posted:

I didn't notice. Guess the Deiform is going to sink charlescomm the way Charlie sank the temple.

Gotta hope Ivan "surrendering" counts as changing sides so he doesn't trigger massive penalties.

Can't pay penalties to a side that doesn't exist

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Rygar201 posted:

Can't pay penalties to a side that doesn't exist

Deiform Isaac can probably drop the city to level zero, but I think it's still CC because there's no hostile units to contest the claim (even assuming none of the thousands of strategically placed Etsies survive the collapse). Charlie himself is unlikely to die because he's apparently Carnied to live which is why Parson had to be summoned in the first place.

Destroying the tower should make a frontal assault with Clowns viable though, assuming they can handle whatever guns remain.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

Is there any reason to think this is something other than a normal linkup? Ivan's physical body is unharmed so his strings should steal lead to it and Wanda.

The lines that look fused to his spine, his last line of becoming something bigger than himself combined with the sudden backstory at the start. Though the signamancy of the link up is definitely the most damning part, no previous link up has looked like that.

Yeah, Ivan is gone. He's the Deiform now.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Who pays Isaac's upkeep? Seems important.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's probably not immediately relevant, but if Deisaac manages to pull in a moneymancer it might just become a non-issue. The amount of juice the dude's got available must be staggering.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Rygar201 posted:

Is there any reason to think this is something other than a normal linkup? Ivan's physical body is unharmed so his strings should steal lead to it and Wanda.

Besides the heavily suggestive art, and all the lines about Deisaac's mental presence attempting to consume and obliterate Ivan's personality? nah

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Reene posted:

Besides the heavily suggestive art, and all the lines about Deisaac's mental presence attempting to consume and obliterate Ivan's personality? nah

tbqh, I skimmed the update on my phone at work. It was readily apparent on a subsequent reading.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Rygar201 posted:

At this point I feel like the answer is "whoever Isaac wants to do it."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
That or he's a suicide freight train just one giant erect middle finger going "I have a turn to settle everything I can"

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Onmi posted:

That or he's a suicide freight train just one giant erect middle finger going "I have a turn to settle everything I can"

This was what got me asking the question ha

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Onmi posted:

Yeah there's no way this is sustainable so it'll be interesting to see how much damage he can manage to do to Charlie before he just disintegrates completely.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Rygar201 posted:

I wonder if linkups change caster upkeep.

Alternatively I see them all just go through their own personal stashes of rands to fuel deiform.

However I like the concept of "1 turn suicide freight train" more than any of the previous ponderings.

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know

Donkringel posted:

I wonder if linkups change caster upkeep.

Alternatively I see them all just go through their own personal stashes of rands to fuel deiform.

However I like the concept of "1 turn suicide freight train" more than any of the previous ponderings.

I think the problem is that rands are just currency. What you actually need to survive as a free caster is some way to get rations. Which rands are normally good for buying but probably most casters won't want to sell food to the nightmare thing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Mniot posted:

I think the problem is that rands are just currency. What you actually need to survive as a free caster is some way to get rations. Which rands are normally good for buying but probably most casters won't want to sell food to the nightmare thing.

It's not like they get a choice.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The 'backer stories' are supposedly canon, and in one of those you see that a single Rand can serve as upkeep for a caster in the MK.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Mniot posted:

Yeah, as Ditocoaf pointed out this is expressly not how it works. One rand pays for your upkeep for one turn. Rations would pop as normal, iirc.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah, as Ditocoaf pointed out this is expressly not how it works. One rand pays for your upkeep for one turn. Rations would pop as normal, iirc.

I think you'd have to exchange them with somebody, though. Isn't the whole point of Rands that they don't interact directly with the world's mechanisms, because, if they did, magic could manipulate them?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

I think you'd have to exchange them with somebody, though. Isn't the whole point of Rands that they don't interact directly with the world's mechanisms, because, if they did, magic could manipulate them?

IIRC, no. One rand vanishes, upkeep paid. They're just a known quantity to barter with for barbarian casters. I could be wrong though. I'm sure some official forums sperg has it all laid out someplace with citations.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

That was the impression I had of them too, until in that one story a caster finds himself unaligned in the Magic kingdom with no upkeep, someone gives him a Rand, and that Rand just straight-up works as his upkeep. It never got explained in more detail than that.

I guess they're still immune to Moneymancey, so that's the point of them?

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Rands pay for upkeep, rations and forage reduce cost of upkeep. Every night the carnymancers pool their forage together for stew to help reduce their upkeep.

So conceivably the pooled rands of all those casters could be used by Deiform, unless his upkeep is too high (which is why I was also wondering about links changing costs).

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The Deiform could unravel on its own next turn. Corpses depop on end of turn, maybe the leftover caster-stuff powering Isaac will depop too.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Maybe it'll get decrypted.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

The problem is that the Deiform can't take out Charlie, that's something Parson is going to have to do. Unless narrative conventions are going right out the window.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Superstring posted:

The problem is that the Deiform can't take out Charlie, that's something Parson is going to have to do. Unless narrative conventions are going right out the window.

It might not want to. It might just want to hurt Charlie like Charlie hurt it. sink Charlescomm, slaughter his armies, break every portal in the MK to work just like his. Deiform might not be able to kill him, but it can make his life suffering.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Superstring posted:

Deiform approaches Parson, gets him into the link and together they kill Charlie and end the comic.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

nimby posted:

Deiform approaches Parson, gets him into the link and together they kill Charlie and end the comic.

Can he link? He's not officially a caster.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It's definitely the case that the Deiform can make killing Charlie a lot easier for Parson by shattering his tower and a large portion of his units.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Even if the Deiform's Isaac body dies it could assimilate any number of people that it could live on through. Ivan might still be part of Gobwin Knob, just with a new personality.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

isndl posted:

Can he link? He's not officially a caster.

I'd guess he's technically caster enough to link up. He can get into the MK and there's a nonzero chance he can cast spells.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wasn't the scroll only castable because carney?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Kyte posted:

Wasn't the scroll only castable because carney?

This was theorized, but not state outright anywhere.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Rygar201 posted:

This was theorized, but not state outright anywhere.

No, it was. The carnymancy in the scroll is just what allows Parson to cast it.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Roger is thinking like the GMTTA are still a thing.

No Roger, you're just a crazy guy alone on a suicide mission.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Zoe posted:

Roger is thinking like the GMTTA are still a thing.

No Roger, you're just a crazy guy alone on a suicide mission.

Deiform is still round. Maybe it'll stop Roger as another Deus Ex Cogito.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

nimby posted:

Deiform is still round. Maybe it'll stop Roger as another Deus Ex Cogito.

If that thing can leave the MK (or last longer than a turn, even) then none of this other stuff going on matters at all in comparison.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Zoe posted:

If that thing can leave the MK (or last longer than a turn, even) then none of this other stuff going on matters at all in comparison.

Yeah, the Deiform could become the largest existential threat to erfworld if it's not a temporary entity. Imagine the kind of poo poo it could do if it assimilates one master class of every magic discipline.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 5, 2017

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

JuniperCake posted:

Yeah, the Deiform could become the largest existential threat to erfworld if it's not a temporary entity. Imagine the kind of poo poo it could do if it assimilates one master class of every magic discipline.

I don't think Bedrock Man means well for the world.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I always wondered if we'd ever top Charlie's megalomania.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Okay no I get the joke, the deiform essentially wants to be the referee of Erf world.

Which is to say the Great minds, compressed into one, are now the GM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Caidin posted:

Okay no I get the joke, the deiform essentially wants to be the referee of Erf world.

Which is to say the Great minds, compressed into one, are now the GM.

...god drat mother fucker. In turn though he found out that Portals are infinite juice.