Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Radish posted:

Who cares anyway? "Does Trump's kid feel bad?" is probably the lamest thing to possibly care about short of "Does Trump feel bad?" when neo-nazis are killing people in the streets.

And yet someone somewhere is right now saying 'This is why Trump will win in 2020.'

LaserShark fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

LaserShark posted:

And yet someone somewhere is right now saying 'This is why Trump will win in 2020.'

I can hear Covok's cries on the wind.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

highme posted:

Is it too much to ask to have a basic understanding of US civics to post in this thread?

Dude, Civics are Japanese not US :shrug:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Conservatives don't need mean liberals making fun of them to feel oppressed, it's part of their state of being as a coping mechanism for supporting or being comic book movie villains

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

LaserShark posted:

"What the hell? Why is Barron Trump trending?"

http://www.newsweek.com/griffin-trump-barron-618173

"...really, dawg?"

Clicking through it looks like Griffin is backing down and apologizing for her extremely tepid protest photo. What a loving weak move that was. This is why we can't have nice things.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Kathy Lee Griffin is a knock off unfunny Lisa Lampanelli

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

WeAreTheRomans posted:

lol. just imagine this image in relation to any other President.

In my fantasy future, in two or three years he looks back on this era as "the good times," a single tear falling down his cheek as he's getting swastikas tattooed on his neck so the White Power gang in prison accepts him.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I...don't really know.

I guess they still have to convince people that it's worth switching to them. USAA is also available to family members who might not be aware.

I imagine it's a brand awareness reason.

If you join a service branch and along with the mountain of other poo poo, you get access to financial organizations you didnt have previously - you're way more likely to go with or make a switch too an organization of which you're already aware or recognize. Further speculation: they are not intending to attract family but it's a nice bonus. They gain family through initial service member entry. If they provide a good product (which it is) for the service member, family will follow as that family developes.

Supporting evidence: their ads don't contrast services that I can recall

Boon fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 31, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

These people need to stop backing down and just roll with it. The original slight won't be forgotten or forgiven, and they just look weak as hell.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Chard posted:

Clicking through it looks like Griffin is backing down and apologizing for her extremely tepid protest photo. What a loving weak move that was. This is why we can't have nice things.

its loving hilarious that the most b list of the b listers did anything even remotely controversial. her brand is so weak that a stiff wind would make it crumble, what was she thinking?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BiohazrD posted:

its loving hilarious that the most b list of the b listers did anything even remotely controversial. her brand is so weak that a stiff wind would make it crumble, what was she thinking?

get attention for the stunt, shunt away the bad part of the attention with an apology, hope that the attention boosts her relevance

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/869935951681900544

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

BiohazrD posted:

She's a walking bachelorette party at a gay bar

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Calling Kathy Griffin a B Lister is being extremely generous. She's jealous of C Listers. She optimistically joked about becoming a D List celeb.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Wasn't she abusive towards Steve Wozniak when they were dating?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

TheScott2K posted:

bachelorette party at a gay bar

is this something that people actually do

why

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

Wasn't she abusive towards Steve Wozniak when they were dating?

Woz dated Kathy Griffin? Ugh, bro you can do better.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/869903774764216321

Kasich is one of those "deeply disturbed" Republicans, right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/869919926328451072

there's not enough pointless cruelty in the world that could make me sorry for priebus

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

ReidRansom posted:

Woz dated Kathy Griffin? Ugh, bro you can do better.

Yeah, my mom used to watch her reality show for some reason and they were dating. She called him a nerd and acted disgusted by him if I remember correctly.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Lightning Lord posted:

nah

kasich has very bad political opinions but has conducted himself with a fair amount of integrity re: trump, refused to endorse, refused to support, has continued in opposition to trump and lost a lot of his clout in the ohio GOP for it

you shouldn't, like, vote for him for president but he is at least not willing to tolerate incompetence and treason for the sake of tax cuts which is a rare thing in today's GOP

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

RottenK posted:

why
Fewer males creeping on them and the drinks are stronger.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm starting to reach a point where I feel like Nothing Matters, but not in a political sense. I just wonder why the gently caress I'm trying to do anything at all in my daily life because it's all going to poo poo anyway. Why bother working hard at my job or trying to start a new career when the whole country's going to implode and our government is making goddamn sure that we're going to do as much irreparable damage to the world as possible on our way down.

Lightning Lord posted:

He likes to wrap himself in "I'm a good Republican who cares about you" bullshit while pushing to enact bog standard Republican policies. That said, he didn't vote for Trump and has been consistent in his denouncement of him and his administration. He's still a piece of poo poo governor, but he didn't bend the knee. The differences between Kasich and Scott Walker are that he didn't lick Trump's boots and he's better at pretending he gives a poo poo about his state. Well, and he accepted the Medicaid expansion. I don't remember if Walker did or not.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

RottenK posted:

why
Lots of bachelorette parties go to gay bars or drag shows. Modern women tend to like hanging out with gay men, going to these places allows them to dance and get drunk without men constantly hitting on them, among other reasons.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Lightning Lord posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/869903774764216321

At least he was always solidly anti-Trump. He hasn't really done much with that, because he doesn't have a position to be able to do anything beyond make statements and set up for a 2020 run once Trump's gone 100% senile.

He's still a terrible person with terrible policies (aka a Republican) but he obviously, really hates Trump.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I...don't really know.

I guess they still have to convince people that it's worth switching to them. USAA is also available to family members who might not be aware.

It's so obviously beyond worth switching.

The military is nothing if not capable of spreading information about how to benefit from their status, so I really don't have any idea how anyone who could have USAA doesn't at this point.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

LaserShark posted:

I mean, the kid is, what, eleven now? There's no way he got 'terrorized' by a bad prop.

I mean - seeing a picture of a person holding your dad's severed head is kinda messed up. I doubt Obama's girls were happy if they were exposed to images of their dad hung in effigy or whatever.

However, the real story is that Trump immediately jumped to using his son as a shield. Because people are just tools to him.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

I thought there were literally not enough Republican seats up, let alone ones that can even theoretically flip with a big Democratic wave-swing-turnout. If I'm wrong, so be it, I'd be glad for that to be the case.

That's the Senate. There are 438 House races every election cycle--their terms are only 2 years.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
yeah. Kasich seems like a respectable Republican, where like I disagree with just about all his policies and ideas. But don't hate him as a human being. Could just be because he is just competent at not coming off as an rear end in a top hat. But yeah...

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

evilweasel posted:

nah

kasich has very bad political opinions but has conducted himself with a fair amount of integrity re: trump, refused to endorse, refused to support, has continued in opposition to trump and lost a lot of his clout in the ohio GOP for it

you shouldn't, like, vote for him for president but he is at least not willing to tolerate incompetence and treason for the sake of tax cuts which is a rare thing in today's GOP

That's not true.

He endorses Josh Mandel.

highme
May 25, 2001

RottenK posted:

why

Because gay bars are a good place to party?

Prior to Obergefell v. Hodges most of the Portland gay bars had adopted a "Could you please not?" policy in regards to bachelorette parties. I don't think that's the case any longer.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

theflyingorc posted:

I mean - seeing a picture of a person holding your dad's severed head is kinda messed up. I doubt Obama's girls were happy if they were exposed to images of their dad hung in effigy or whatever.

However, the real story is that Trump immediately jumped to using his son as a shield. Because people are just tools to him.

I imagine Barron or whatever his name is wants to be the one to kill Donald. Imagine being a tween, and watching your fat gently caress father make an rear end of himself and the whole family on a regular basis, and then choose to play golf every goddamn weekend instead of spending any time with you at all.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
anyone not willing to disavow the nazi republican party is human scum

hth

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Barron probably just sits around watching a fuckton of anime.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And a ton of gently caress Anime

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It's so obviously beyond worth switching.

The military is nothing if not capable of spreading information about how to benefit from their status, so I really don't have any idea how anyone who could have USAA doesn't at this point.

Yeah, USAA is great. I spent years with Wachovia/Wells Fargo, and I can't believe I'm actually happy with a bank now.

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/TimAlberta/status/869919926328451072

there's not enough pointless cruelty in the world that could make me sorry for priebus

It's interesting to see how winning/power/governing actually seems to be harming a lot of top Republicans.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Crows Turn Off posted:

Lots of bachelorette parties go to gay bars or drag shows. Modern women tend to like hanging out with gay men, going to these places allows them to dance and get drunk without men constantly hitting on them, among other reasons.

From what I remember, gay guys there tend to hate it because they're supposed to be "gay bars," not "gay and also a bunch of random heterosexual women for no good reason bars"

highme
May 25, 2001

PT6A posted:

I imagine Barron or whatever his name is wants to be the one to kill Donald. Imagine being a tween, and watching your fat gently caress father make an rear end of himself and the whole family on a regular basis, and then choose to play golf every goddamn weekend instead of spending any time with you at all.

Barron's going to kill him with a crossbow, on the shitter, after finding out Donald has been loving his pet whore

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Lightning Lord posted:

Barron probably just sits around watching a fuckton of anime.

Nah he plays real life minecraft with daddy's real estate,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Bachelorette party groups are obnoxious no matter what venue they are in.

• Locked thread