Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Power Bottom posted:

Raynor's Bribe was removed in September of last year.

So no, he does not do that.

I found this out on Hanamura last night. Don't think I've played Raynor outside of Brawls since well before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I heard if you get to grandmaster without dying you can flip the board over

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Does anyone know offhand if you "lose" overkill DPS on Tychus when you throw a grenade during the skill?

Does it pause the damage? The game display for rapid damage skills is almost useless. They have changed it twice since beta and I think the current version displays an average of damage done during the last .5 seconds, which makes it hard to tell sometimes.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Played some Leoric today due to those build tips posted earlier. The level 4 talent that lowers your Wraithwalk cooldown if you don't take damage is a gamechanger. I mostly just try to buff Skeletal Swing as it gives you insane waveclear and helps confirm kills. I feel like he is a good matchup against a lot of tanks but suffers against burst heavy comps. Got Combat Medic in a game for 20% of teamfight damage healed.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Does anyone know offhand if you "lose" overkill DPS on Tychus when you throw a grenade during the skill?

Does it pause the damage? The game display for rapid damage skills is almost useless. They have changed it twice since beta and I think the current version displays an average of damage done during the last .5 seconds, which makes it hard to tell sometimes.

Test it on the target dummy in try mode.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Am I the only one who has issues placing Nydus Network nodes? I can spam R all over a piece of creep for several seconds before it finds an acceptable patch (usually in the least convenient place).

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
:gg:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Am I the only one who has issues placing Nydus Network nodes? I can spam R all over a piece of creep for several seconds before it finds an acceptable patch (usually in the least convenient place).

Yes.

But actually you're probably trying to place it in a corridor or some other pocket that is narrower than the worms hitbox.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

bamhand posted:

Test it on the target dummy in try mode.

Yeah, I know. But I'm at work and wanted to make sure I asked before I forgot.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
It's a pretty big footprint and depending on where you want to place it can sometimes require a bit of pixel hunting. I wouldn't say I have issues, but sometimes it takes an extra second.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Usually if you spit out a creep cluster, you can grow a netwprk immediately on top of it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bogart posted:

Usually if you spit out a creep cluster, you can grow a netwprk immediately on top of it.

Alt D and then Alt R works well (and bounces you).

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
You don't want to put a Nydus directly on top of a creep cluster if you can help it. Nydus worms spread creep themselves, so you get better coverage if you spread them out a bit. Turning off quick cast helps a lot with placing them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

HelixFox posted:

You don't want to put a Nydus directly on top of a creep cluster if you can help it. Nydus worms spread creep themselves, so you get better coverage if you spread them out a bit. Turning off quick cast helps a lot with placing them.

Thanks. I'll test that out.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=459iL6XpxA8

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

HelixFox posted:

Very true. But the guy wanted help on just making the worm spawn consistently. I personally recommend putting a worm at spawn for even quicker regen and amazing mobility should you die.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You lose AA DPS when throwing the grenade, but not Overkill DPS. You still have to play the animation for the grenade throw regardless (which means Tychus isn't moving for that 0.25 seconds), but Overkill is designed to be uninterruptable by Tychus's abilities.

Kith fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 31, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Bogart posted:

Very true. But the guy wanted help on just making the worm spawn consistently. I personally recommend putting a worm at spawn for even quicker regen and amazing mobility should you die.

I thought Nydus already gives you hall of the storm regen levels?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

BrianBoitano posted:

I thought Nydus already gives you hall of the storm regen levels?

It does.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20749068/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-may-31-2017-5-31-2017

I love how they keep nerfing Rag every patch

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Now you can just do meteor build like the cool kids.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

It's like a reverse Falstad.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ah, there's the GG, WP nerf everyone probably should have been expecting.

Wonder what that Charged Strikes nerf will mean for that build. My impression was that being able to bounce attacks off structures to hit folks hiding behind them was a decently important aspect of that talent.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

quote:

Emojis: Fixed an issue in which unintended emojis could overwrite portions of long-hand emoji codes that were typed in manually.

Finally, I can spam :potato: without getting cut off at :p.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

It's like a reverse Falstad.

Falstad got nerfed probably more times than he got buffed.

25% more AA damage from ETC is pretty cool. Surprised Samuro got nerfed. Surprised Dehaka got a minor buff to the skill that was just nerfed. He still felt pretty strong just because of his global and 3 health bars.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hell yeah Tass buffs

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Interesting Tassadar buffs in there, Templar's Will just got even more attractive and the leeching plasma talent is going to go from "helpful" to topping-everything-off with any good AA heroes. Should be pretty noticeably buffs to his non-pro performance.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

D.Va: Players will now correctly earn takedown credit toward certain Hero Talents and Abilities, like Seasoned Marksman or Li-Ming’s Critical Mass, after destroying D.Va’s Mech.

Good.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Once cast, the axe is falling.

god that sounds so loving ominous

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

quote:

Abilities
Shadowstalk (R)
Cooldown reduced from 30 to 20 seconds
Mana cost reduced from 50 to 40
Talents

Level 1
Ranger (W)
Added functionality:
Now also increases Sentinel Width by 25%

They did it.

They got me to come back from the precipice of switching to Overwatch.

loving let's go Tyrande Tassadar meta :flashfap:

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ah, there's the GG, WP nerf everyone probably should have been expecting.

Wonder what that Charged Strikes nerf will mean for that build. My impression was that being able to bounce attacks off structures to hit folks hiding behind them was a decently important aspect of that talent.

That being said GG, WP still feels pretty dominant? I've been playing primarily DVA since she was released and I'm not sure I see taking the others even post-nerf.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

This is a pretty big indirect D.Va nerf.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

2 SPOOKY posted:

That being said GG, WP still feels pretty dominant? I've been playing primarily DVA since she was released and I'm not sure I see taking the others even post-nerf.

I have a Master buddy who refuses to take anything but Torpedo Dive unless he's got a Morales with Stim or Rehgar with Bloodlust on-call.

Edit: Master, not GM.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

They did it.

They got me to come back from the precipice of switching to Overwatch.

loving let's go Tyrande Tassadar meta :flashfap:

Not sure if this will beat out Lunar Flare still. Lunar Flare let's you set up huge plays and turns you into an infinite sustain battery with free owls/flares. The sentinel talent might help you put up some huge numbers on the stat screen, but a lot of that damage is going to be poke that gets healed easily, and really you can snipe just fine with the untalented skill for runners.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

e: ^^^ Tyrande doesn't have mana issues mid to late game, so why does it matter whether your damage questing stacks are on W or E? The only thing Lunar Flare has going for it is the range boost, which while significant isn't really necessary if you can Shadowstalk to within range anyhow, which you can now 50% more frequently.

Giving increased width on the owl is insane. Owl is already really easy to land on chokes and objectives, now it will be even easier to snipe enemies. Enemy has one merc camp available? Snipe it. A late game boss attempt by the enemy almost always results in a snipe kill if your owls are doing an additional 300% damage.

Yeah, it seems like DVa got nerfed today, until you read

quote:

Boosters (Q)
Cooldown reduced from 10 to 9 seconds
Cooldown before being able to cancel the ability decreased from 1 to .5 seconds.

now literally playable

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 31, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

This is a pretty big indirect D.Va nerf.

Yeah they really should've included this under her directly not just under bugfixes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Show of Force is still a insultingly low amount of damage compared to the other choices at 4. Pure Malice I might actually consider taking occasionally now. I don't think Rite of Rak'Shir is very good.

Ranger increasing width is bigly bigly bigly needed. Trying to snipe long-distance owls was a loving pain in the rear end, and many times I'd clip heroes but it didn't register as a hit.

Booster fatfinger duration being halved is good but I wish they'd extend that to other abilities too.

Ablative Armor going from 5% to 4% is actually a BIG nerf and I'll need to run the numbers on that later. I'm pretty sure it trips a threshold for a lot of heroes' basic attacks.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Power Bottom posted:

I have a Master buddy who refuses to take anything but Torpedo Dive unless he's got a Morales with Stim or Rehgar with Bloodlust on-call.

Edit: Master, not GM.

Is there a reason for this, specifically? I get that increased survivability is nice but even with Torpedo Dive I feel insanely vulnerable against a well built team with some dive and good CC. Standing my ground and murdering someone then hammering E has saved me more times than I can count.

I'm just not sure why stim/blust make the difference here.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

2 SPOOKY posted:

Is there a reason for this, specifically? I get that increased survivability is nice but even with Torpedo Dive I feel insanely vulnerable against a well built team with some dive and good CC. Standing my ground and murdering someone then hammering E has saved me more times than I can count.

I'm just not sure why stim/blust make the difference here.

Stimpack and Bloodlust give movespeed which is huge for D.Va since she has virtually no front/back-swing on her attack so she can attack while moving very easily and keep her damage high. Combined with the huge attack speed (and lifesteal for Bloodlust) it makes the damage boost from GGWP kill most heroes significantly faster than they can kill you.

Torpedo Dive matters a lot for dodging abilities and can mean the difference between surviving one second longer to climb into your meka and dying impotently to the Zul'jin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

2 SPOOKY posted:

It's still very good but I think it's an actual real decision now. I you have big shot you can get away with not going for the Meka on takedowns.