Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CBJSprague24 posted:

Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road montage. :stare:

Everything they'll have to leave behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Keri Russell is amazing.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
What happened to all of these racquetball courts? Did community centers just rip the walls out? I don't think I've ever seen one.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Paige what

Seriously what

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ewwwwwwww

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

:pedo: rearing its ugly head one last time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Baronash posted:

I think this may be the least finale-like finale of this show so far.

I mean, it's not great, but it's not that b---oh, never mind, here's Kimmie, gently caress this poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I didn't realize Paige had her license and assumed she was looking to dispense a Death Wish style rear end-kicking.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Excellent soundtrack work tonight, have they used R.E.M. on the show before?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Excellent soundtrack work tonight, have they used R.E.M. on the show before?

Don't think so. If it's still '84 they're a very new band

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Henchman of Santa posted:

I didn't realize Paige had her license and assumed she was looking to dispense a Death Wish style rear end-kicking.
The parking lot definitely looked familiar.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh good, another SNL alumni-laden pile of crap, coming to a theater near you!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Fast Luck posted:

The parking lot definitely looked familiar.

It's the lot where Elizabeth killed the guy

Pretty Boy Floyd
Mar 21, 2006
If you'll gather round me children...
So Elizabeth is having second thoughts? Is that what Elton John was supposed to tell us?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sooo, what exactly did Phillip hear on the tape? Kimmie's dad got a promotion?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I don't think I heard it well enough. What was the info he overheard on that tape?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is Stan's girlfriend "one of them" or not?

Pretty Boy Floyd posted:

So Elizabeth is having second thoughts? Is that what Elton John was supposed to tell us?

"Maybe it's not so bad here after all?" was what I took.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hey, I was right, Kimmie's dad did get a promotion and now they're too valuable to send home.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

what

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's the lot where Elizabeth killed the guy
yeah that's what I meant! :)

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm thinking yes after she talked him into staying in his division

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Trying not to kill kids is bourgeois

Tuan is definitely hardcore as gently caress :ussr: I still want Elizabeth to adopt him lmao

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yea it definitely seems like she is after her talk with him.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Martha's going to be a mother.

Stan's going to be a paranoiac.

Philip has intel which will tie them to the states.

Elizabeth's having second thoughts anyways.

Will they change their minds in time to spare Henry and Paige's plans?

oh god I want these plot points developed

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

ffs I cannot believe that was a finale.

I mean, once all's said and done I tend to marathon shows anyway, and I imagine the next season will flow from here pretty well, but goddamn was that anticlimactic.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I kept waiting for some bombshell to drop at the end, but it was just like a solid 20 minutes of :smith: all the way down.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Wikipedia says that Reagan gaffe was leaked oct'84 so now we know it's not 85 or later.

I liked that jacket thing Elizabeth was wearing during that talk with tuan.

And when I get up I want to see if I can figure out which hockey player that was on the poster above paschas bed. Mogilny defected 89 I believe.

Oh my recording ended early.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 10:02 on May 31, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The Martha scene was sad but that little soviet girl was super adorable.

And the yellow brick road montage seemed like something awful (heh) was just about to happen at the end of it. The episode was good but not very happy at all.

And we have to wait a whole year for the last 10 episodes?! ugh!

Baronash posted:

Hahaha. loving Reagan.

howe_sam posted:

Hey, there's the thread title.

Zero One posted:

We begin bombing in five minutes!

:3: I chose the right quote for the season! It wasn't as prominent as I thought it would be, although I suppose it showed that Paige is super interested now and sees America as not so great while Henry is off in his own world and doesn't give a poo poo about the news or politics, only computer games and hockey.

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

drunkill posted:

The Martha scene was sad but that little soviet girl was super adorable.

Martha will be so happy! I think this is the best resolution she can have to her story. Here's a little girl for you! We want you to be happy.

Everything else in the episode was pretty meh. Not worthy of a finale at all. I hope they can do better next season but this one feels kind of like a waste.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I have no loving clue what this season was about or what im supposed to take away from it other than man what a complete disappointment compared to last season which was like total perfection.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

phosdex posted:

And when I get up I want to see if I can figure out which hockey player that was on the poster above paschas bed. Mogilny defected 89 I believe.

I think, it might've been Slava Fetisov (who as far as I can recall did not defect to come play in the NHL), but somebody from that era of the Soviet team for sure.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phenotype posted:

ffs I cannot believe that was a finale.

I mean, once all's said and done I tend to marathon shows anyway, and I imagine the next season will flow from here pretty well, but goddamn was that anticlimactic.

Agreed. But I guess the other way to look at it is that the final season will have nothing but payoffs and :tviv: moments

Still, it wouldn't have killed them to have one major thing happen in the finale. Season 3 all over again

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Season Synopsis:
Nothing happened.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Doctor Butts posted:

Season Synopsis:
Nothing happened.
I pointed this out on Reddit and I was informed that I don't get it, I don't understand, and maybe a simpler show would be for me.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The season was good

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Agreed. But I guess the other way to look at it is that the final season will have nothing but payoffs and :tviv: moments

Still, it wouldn't have killed them to have one major thing happen in the finale. Season 3 all over again

You and your petty bourgeois concerns

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I would say them learning they can't go home is a pretty major occurrence. The Centre will never let them rest until they are found up into a fine red paste.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

The season was good
It's still a very good show and better than most on television. I just can't help but feel a little hurt. This is 3 shows over the past 3-4 years where I have decided "this is my favorite show", and then gone through a season which dropped it from that rank. I'm going into these seasons with the highest expectations and coming up short.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Wait, did the ending on my feed get chopped off or does the season literally end with Phillip going up the stairs?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Well I mean, he turned right. It was a pretty moody turn.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

Wait, did the ending on my feed get chopped off or does the season literally end with Phillip going up the stairs?

He had a conversation with Elizabeth where he explains that Kimmie's dad got promoted to head of the Soviet division and they concluded that they're stuck here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

I also :cough: experienced this, there are another 4 minutes. See what Henchman said ^^

• Locked thread