Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Harrow posted:

I'm starting to reach a point where I feel like Nothing Matters, but not in a political sense. I just wonder why the gently caress I'm trying to do anything at all in my daily life because it's all going to poo poo anyway. Why bother working hard at my job or trying to start a new career when the whole country's going to implode and our government is making goddamn sure that we're going to do as much irreparable damage to the world as possible on our way down.

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Lightning Lord posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnKasich/status/869903774764216321

Kasich is one of those "deeply disturbed" Republicans, right?

He's term-limited in Ohio, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's planning on primarying Trump in 2020.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Xombie posted:

That's not true.

He endorses Josh Mandel.

i dunno who that is but perhaps i should have been clearer and said stupendous, mind-shattering incompetence that must be seen to be believed rather than merely being unqualified and stupid

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah, USAA is great. I spent years with Wachovia/Wells Fargo, and I can't believe I'm actually happy with a bank now.

It's interesting to see how winning/power/governing actually seems to be harming a lot of top Republicans.

Their entire persona is built around persecution. When you're Pharaoh, it's hard to say you're being persecuted.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Phewww

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/869944986829279232

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Harrow posted:

I'm starting to reach a point where I feel like Nothing Matters, but not in a political sense. I just wonder why the gently caress I'm trying to do anything at all in my daily life because it's all going to poo poo anyway. Why bother working hard at my job or trying to start a new career when the whole country's going to implode and our government is making goddamn sure that we're going to do as much irreparable damage to the world as possible on our way down.

Try to enjoy your life and make the most of it. People have always been lovely, and life has always been cruel. Most of us are in better shape now than we would have been at any previous point in history.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

tetrapyloctomy posted:

In my fantasy future, in two or three years he looks back on this era as "the good times," a single tear falling down his cheek as he's getting swastikas tattooed on his neck so the White Power gang in prison accepts him.

Like gently caress my Dictatorship is letting him rot in prison with that kind of safety. I'm going to create a 5 year prison out of Mar-A-Lago that he'll be the only whitey there, incarcerated and prison staff. It'll be filled to the brim with Crips, Bloods, Netas, Islamic Extremists, and any other organization under the sun that Donnie probably insulted at one point or another. Whoever records the most punishment to Trump without exactly killing him gets $10,000 of the Trump estate's money collectively sent to the gang's families that week. When florida finally sinks, everyone's allowed to evacuate except him.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

When Jeb builds the ark I hope I'm not on it

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Try to enjoy your life and make the most of it. People have always been lovely, and life has always been cruel. Most of us are in better shape now than we would have been at any previous point in history.

ya and man on the off chance this administration doesn't destroy everything and we end up having a pretty ok future the true nihilists sure are gonna look dumb

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Fitzy Fitz posted:

And reminder that most life that has ever lived ended with being eaten, chunks at a time, often not from the correct pieces to cause death

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Luke 12:27 posted:

Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.

30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

OK, gotcha, quitting my job, God will provide.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Harrow posted:

He likes to wrap himself in "I'm a good Republican who cares about you" bullshit while pushing to enact bog standard Republican policies. That said, he didn't vote for Trump and has been consistent in his denouncement of him and his administration. He's still a piece of poo poo governor, but he didn't bend the knee. The differences between Kasich and Scott Walker are that he didn't lick Trump's boots and he's better at pretending he gives a poo poo about his state. Well, and he accepted the Medicaid expansion. I don't remember if Walker did or not.

Kaisch also called to a severance tax on fraking for Ohio in his budget but the Republican legislator overruled him. Never forget he tried to gut public unions in his first term with SB 5 but did it so harshly Ohioans voted it down in a referendum by 55+%

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Pretty sure the next step is to say the massive flooding caused by climate change is God's revenge for tolerating people other than white, straight Christians

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Well yeah, I mean, God would never flood the world in order to punish humanity

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

highme posted:

Barron's going to kill him with a crossbow, on the shitter, after finding out Donald has been loving his pet whore

Trump is Mace Tyrell, not Tywin Lannister, you loving lunatic.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

What's that about being a shepherd of creation? gently caress that poo poo, I'm getting drunk and Daddy God can sort it out later.

There is nothing more toxic than belief in a higher power.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Chilichimp posted:

So blown up in a church by..... Hillary?

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Dude, Civics are Japanese not US :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKLdou0LH0

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

For a moment I was worried.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

trump is the mad king and/or robert baratheon

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Chard posted:

There is nothing more toxic than belief in a higher power...

That you think puts you above any/every-thing else

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Chard posted:

What's that about being a shepherd of creation? gently caress that poo poo, I'm getting drunk and Daddy God can sort it out later.

Logically it should be the other way around, though. If you have to answer personally for your stewardship of creation after your life is over, you should take it a helluva lot more seriously.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Pakled posted:

TBF he promised to never do it again.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Barron is Stormbringer, and Trump is Elric.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mango sentinel posted:

Next time he said he'd do it with fire IIRC.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lightning Lord posted:

Barron is Stormbringer, and Trump is Elric.

Barron is a sword? Weird.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

mango sentinel posted:

I have heard this argued before as an unironic reason as to why we need not worry about climate change

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

mango sentinel posted:

Just like Trump he changed his mind.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Pakled posted:

The next time God destroys the world was supposed to be by fire.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Chard posted:

Yeah it's not like Christ's vicar on Earth issued an encyclical about our duty to care for the planet or anything. Those drat religious people!

Too many religious people think religion is the only thing that can make a person do good, and too many atheists think religion is something that makes people bad. The truth is that people just do whatever the gently caress they want and justify it all post hoc regardless of what they think happens to you when you die.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

trump is the mad king and/or robert baratheon

A clunky moron who just goes along with everything being said to/around him, his daughter has all the ambition, and he's going to die in a fiery explosion.

I like this version more.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Deadulus posted:

North Korea is working on it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Deadulus posted:

The fires of industry have done their job into making the next flood happen.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

I feel like that one "joke" Will Smith's kid told him in The Pursuit of Happiness is something more of these idiots need to learn. Especially the whole "God isn't going to wave his hand and make it better but maybe he'll throw opportunities to fix it at you"

Like wasn't that a Thing in the Bible? God not acting explicitly, but by making others do it?

I mean, yeah I get that they're saying it to avoid risking even a penny of their revenue but still.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I never watched Game of Thrones and don't really intend to so I'm going to say Trump is King Arthur. He's hosed his relative, didn't listen to the kindly wizard, has sent his kingdom to hell, relies exclusively on the counsel of Rich white men, favors a system in which the wealth of the poor is transferred upwards through Lords and eventually to him, and will be killed by his son.

And Sean Spicer is the black adder.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

A clunky moron who just goes along with everything being said to/around him, his daughter has all the ambition, and he's going to die in a fiery explosion.

I like this version more.

oh, and he spent a little time as the "guest" of the desert people.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

https://twitter.com/infinite_scream/status/869952749072470016

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Huzanko posted:

Barron is a sword? Weird.

How familiar are you with this? I don't want to spoil nothing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I never watched Game of Thrones and don't really intend to so I'm going to say Trump is King Arthur. He's hosed his relative, didn't listen to the kindly wizard, has sent his kingdom to hell, relies exclusively on the counsel of Rich white men, favors a system in which the wealth of the poor is transferred upwards through Lords and eventually to him, and will be killed by his son.

And Sean Spicer is the black adder.

Cursed by a witch, delusions of grandeur... checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Man if I were to think for a minute I might conclude that the GOP loves using selective passages of scripture out of context only when it benefits them, and ignores any passages that might conflict with their worldview or demonstrate their absolute hypocrisy.

• Locked thread