Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I thought Winston only named himself such AFTER the uprising and his escape. How's he Winston on the computer readout???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

A mystery for the ages.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Didn't he name himself after one of the researchers? I would assume that's the Winston in the e-mails.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Maybe Winston in the game is Winston, the human researcher. He absorbed that innocent monkey to become a talking gorilla mutant. That'd explain why he thinks he's a scientist, but in reality he's a baby killing monster!

Parachute
May 18, 2003
nobody is better than winston prove me fuckin wrong

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Parachute posted:

nobody is better than winston prove me fuckin wrong
Sorry, but as she frequently reminds us, D.Va is #1.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
New map probably after the event is over.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/869977166619918336

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
It's playable on the PTR, it seems.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

GigaPeon posted:

It's playable on the PTR, it seems.

Edit: Cool map. Default also has an outdoor area with low grav.

Low Gravity mode includes other maps as well. It's super hilarious especially as Lucio. Except for "Break it down", which takes forever

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 31, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Had a couple rounds on the new map.

It's not low-gravity in normal modes, except for one side-room where you can go outside and goof around. But there is now a general low-gravity option in arcade/customs.

Point A doesn't force you through one specific choke, for a change; there's various side paths and upper catwalk routes. The point itself has walls around it and narrow entrances on each side.

Point B is kind of Hanamura-ish; a big wide open room with a few different ways in around the sides, and one high-ground entrance on the attackers' right. It doesn't have a trough around it like Hanamura does, though, which might make it a bit less hellish on offense.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I was hoping for not yet another arcade mode.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

pakman posted:

I was hoping for not yet another arcade mode.

The map will be part of the QP/Comp rotation, it's not just an arcade map.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212

ptr changes

quote:

Reaper

The Reaping (Passive)
Removed health orbs
Now regains 20% of all damage done to heroes as health

:shittypop: I'm ready

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Reaper just had a huge overhual, he lost his orbs but now regens 20% of damage dealt, which means even a sloppily executed Death Blossom is loving invincible.
McCree's Deadeye is much better but still poo poo because it's Deadeye
Roadhog can no longer OHK with the hook as he does max 150 damage, but now has higher DPS and +1 to magazine capacity. Basically he will now straight up lose to reaper in a fight hands down, and most DPS sans Tracer can now endlessly poo poo on him as they'll be able to immediately stun/escape/heal.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Reaper might be better at tanking than Roadhog now, a good shot must net him 25 go up close, right?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FaustianQ posted:

Roadhog can no longer OHK with the hook as he does max 150 damage, but now has higher DPS and +1 to magazine capacity. Basically he will now straight up lose to reaper in a fight hands down, and most DPS sans Tracer can now endlessly poo poo on him as they'll be able to immediately stun/escape/heal.

Oh hey, this is actually a good direction to take the hog into. Makes him better at shieldbusting too.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
I don't wanna gently caress with installing PTR and waiting in a queue, somebody try Reaper and report back about how awesome he is/isn't now TIA

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

FaustianQ posted:

Reaper just had a huge overhual, he lost his orbs but now regens 20% of damage dealt, which means even a sloppily executed Death Blossom is loving invincible.
McCree's Deadeye is much better but still poo poo because it's Deadeye

How deadly is the typical hook combo now? Will Lucio be able to save himself with a counter-boop?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh hey, this is actually a good direction to take the hog into. Makes him better at shieldbusting too.

no it doesn't, he's worse at that because he does less damage (150 vs 225 against shields. that's massive). hog is more of a fat torbjorn now since the scrapgun does as much as torb's alt fire with this change

e: if you're thinking it's because he shoots faster or has an extra shot, it's still not true because he loses 300 damage across 4 shots in return for a single extra 150 damage shot. so he's losing 150 shield damage off a full clip

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

Reaper might be better at tanking than Roadhog now, a good shot must net him 25 go up close, right?

A single shot assuming all pellets hit heals him 28HP, or 56HP/s. Obviously it's going to be generally less than that but it also means he'll be constantly regenerating health, so he'll probably have overall way better healing. Now factor in a Mercy pocketing him - she doesn't need to heal Reaper, just damage boost him and he heals even more. Imagine Reaper Nanoboosted, he'd be loving invincible.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

How deadly is the typical hook combo now? Will Lucio be able to save himself with a counter-boop?

Yes, near always, hell if Lucio can amp up healing right after he'd probably be able to clown all over Roadhog.

EmpyreanFlux fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 31, 2017

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Roadhog won't be able to one-shot anyone from full health, though squishy classes will be left in critical condition for a quicker follow-up. A boop might save you.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Manatee Cannon posted:

no it doesn't, he's worse at that because he does less damage (150 vs 225 against shields. that's massive). hog is more of a fat torbjorn now since the scrapgun does as much as torb's alt fire with this change

e: if you're thinking it's because he shoots faster or has an extra shot, it's still not true because he loses 300 damage across 4 shots in return for a single extra 150 damage shot. so he's losing 150 shield damage off a full clip

exactly how much faster is the new fire rate?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

30% faster iirc. you'd need to be able to fire 5 times, reload, and fire again to match the current damage output against shields tho and I really doubt that's the case

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

30% faster, or effectively no pause between shots at all. It means it's better to shoot twice after hook than melee, as melee will be slower and less damage.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

FaustianQ posted:

A single shot assuming all pellets hit heals him 28HP, or 56HP/s. Obviously it's going to be generally less than that but it also means he'll be constantly regenerating health, so he'll probably have overall way better healing. Now factor in a Mercy pocketing him - she doesn't need to heal Reaper, just damage boost him and he heals even more. Imagine Reaper Nanoboosted, he'd be loving invincible.

Obviously he has to reload, but he can do that by wraithing, the cool down of which will be much more bearable in combat.

This is also big for Death Blossom, he can heal so much it makes him far less vulnerable.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

But does he really heal while ulting? I can't imagine they will let him do that..

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Klaaz posted:

But does he really heal while ulting? I can't imagine they will let him do that..

Why wouldn't they? It says "all damage to heroes."

He probably won't gain ult charge from the ultimate's damage, because that's not how Genji or Winston or any of the channeled ults work.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I am super pumped about the hog changes. Finally.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Klaaz posted:

He does in fact regain health during death blossom.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Why wouldn't they

Because it will be a nightmare to play against?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Klaaz posted:

Because it will be a nightmare to play against?

It's like 34 HPS for each hero nearby, and he's still vulnerable to stuns and burst damage pushing through it. You're overreacting.

Not to mention Reaper needed something good. Like you don't turn a bottom-tier hero into a good one without giving them some bullshit of their own, and this isn't even really grade A bullshit.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 31, 2017

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I just like vampiric mechanics in general, it's something I would have suggested if I hadn't assumed they were married to soul orbs. This seems to be exactly right, seems to promote poison too.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
https://gfycat.com/MiniatureExhaustedCardinal

Here's a clip from reddit showing off the new scrap gun firing time. Looks pretty fun.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They'll almost certainly walk back the Roadhog nerf at least somewhat because it's way too much. The Reaper change is positive (does it also make his ult charge a bit faster since he heals more now?) but I'd like to see them work on making Shadow Step less worthless.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I expect they'll move Roadhog's damage back up to like 175. The hook does a little bit of damage already so it'll incentivize getting a shot in before you throw the hook. No more flank Hog though.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They'll almost certainly walk back the Roadhog nerf at least somewhat because it's way too much.

Bet you they won't.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reaper shooting nanomachine bullets that eat enemies' flesh and transfer back energy to his body makes a whole lot more sense in Overwatch's setting than sucking up soul orbs

Also better explains the "desiccated" corpses of his victims

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if they change anything, it'll be after the patch has gone live for a week or so

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Was playing the new map on the PTR and I experienced my first crash. It threw an error saying it detected Fraps and shut down. Why the hell would Fraps cause overwatch to crash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Kai Tave posted:

Bet you they won't.

I hope they don't.