Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy hell that wind chime phony phone call has me dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That call was awesome. The other recent one I loved was getting friendly with the conservative radio guy then suggesting they should hang out, walk around in high heels, and kiss a little bit.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Lifespan posted:

That call was awesome. The other recent one I loved was getting friendly with the conservative radio guy then suggesting they should hang out, walk around in high heels, and kiss a little bit.

That guy is GOLD. I love when he argues with himself; it's Bigfoot levels of unawareness.

"DAAMN TROLLS!"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Crotch Bat posted:

A thought I had recently: what did Eric's parents think when they saw his head explode on Fringe? Did he call and tell them not to watch? Did they anyway? Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that one.

Holy poo poo, yes. I would loooooove to even hear or read the smallest interview or statement from any member of his family regarding ANYTHING Eric did.

I kind of hate how, aside from Eric mentioning things about his family, we know nothing. I'm not looking to stalk anybody, I'd just love for there to have been even one segment where his parents called in.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
His dad was kind of a mileage nazi

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobbyK posted:

His dad was kind of a mileage nazi

Ok, so his dad was a part of the Third Gear Reich, the Shiftzstaffel... But that's all we know! Sad!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'm amazed that Eric would agree to be on a show where his head blew up. After all, people might think his head exploded in real life! That's why he turned down all those other jobs.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Beet is 48

He's fours eight, he's fours nine.

*pukes violently*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eXT1j6_7a4

One of my favorite clips ever.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP3DuIYvIek

This show was so good back then

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Squashy Nipples posted:

That guy is GOLD. I love when he argues with himself; it's Bigfoot levels of unawareness.

"DAAMN TROLLS!"

That guy rules. What a voice.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Last week's was awesome. "Thank you for coming to my gay son's Hilary Clinton themed bar mitzvah!"

How has he not been ruined yet? Usually someone finds the guy and clues him in, but maybe he is just that nuts...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

haljordan posted:

I'm amazed that Eric would agree to be on a show where his head blew up. After all, people might think his head exploded in real life! That's why he turned down all those other jobs.

They sprung that on him when he was already on set. Such a great bait-and-switch.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Super old Eric clip where Jon made an appearance in the background as "Crazy J". :laffo:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Ralph is 52
Benjy is 49
Beet is 48

I'm happy for Beet for lasting this long. With his medical problems, that has to be quite a challenge.

Then I realize Ralph and Benjy are really immature and childish for their ages.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy poo poo, yes. I would loooooove to even hear or read the smallest interview or statement from any member of his family regarding ANYTHING Eric did.

I kind of hate how, aside from Eric mentioning things about his family, we know nothing. I'm not looking to stalk anybody, I'd just love for there to have been even one segment where his parents called in.

I think one of the few things we really do know about Eric's relationship with his parents is that the show almost got him sent into exile at the lakehouse, whatever that meant. I think it says something when your family is so ashamed by your antics and obsessive caller status that they think 'okay, time to lock him up in a vacation home so maybe he can just stare at a wall until we put him to rest under that marble bench we're calling a tombstone.'

I suppose his family will forever remain a mystery. I'm just curious how they got Jon/Yon to be his caretaker throughout his childhood.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I don't think his parents had any idea of what he was really up to since it was what, 3am usually when he'd call in? It's like when I would stay up late on the the weekends watching Shannon Tweed movies on Cinemax and Showtime After Dark.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

I don't think his parents had any idea of what he was really up to since it was what, 3am usually when he'd call in? It's like when I would stay up late on the the weekends watching Shannon Tweed movies on Cinemax and Showtime After Dark.

Fair, but at the same time, I started listening to Eric when he was still alive and, through Youtube alone, I learned everything I know about him. His parents/family didn't need to be awake to hear about the crazy poo poo he got himself involved in.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Honey, your son just got another restraining order from Diana DiGarmo

He's your son too!

I'm taking the cruiser out to the lakehouse, I need some space.

But the mileage!

And scene.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobbyK posted:

Honey, your son just got another restraining order from Diana DiGarmo

He's your son too!

I'm taking the cruiser out to the lakehouse, I need some space.

But the mileage!

And scene.

"What? Our son thinks that werewolves exist?" :psyduck:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I think one of the few things we really do know about Eric's relationship with his parents is that the show almost got him sent into exile at the lakehouse, whatever that meant.

The way Eric talked about that Lakehouse you'd think it was the corn field from that episode of the Twilight Zone with the kid who had godlike powers. "Don...t...send...me...to...th.....lake...house...ma"

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Link? That sounds hilarious.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I'm happy for Beet for lasting this long. With his medical problems, that has to be quite a challenge.

Then I realize Ralph and Benjy are really immature and childish for their ages.

I think one of the few things we really do know about Eric's relationship with his parents is that the show almost got him sent into exile at the lakehouse, whatever that meant. I think it says something when your family is so ashamed by your antics and obsessive caller status that they think 'okay, time to lock him up in a vacation home so maybe he can just stare at a wall until we put him to rest under that marble bench we're calling a tombstone.'

I suppose his family will forever remain a mystery. I'm just curious how they got Jon/Yon to be his caretaker throughout his childhood.

He initially lived at the lakehouse when he first started calling. He just didn't like it because it was isolated to him. I suspect many of us may find such a place a getaway, though. Eric probably didn't have the ability to appreciate it in the same way.

Jon was just his friend. His parents called once Eric needed to leave the nest, which I believe was in his late 20s since he and Jon just started living together not long before he started calling, and asked him to take care of him then.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The way Eric talked about that Lakehouse you'd think it was the corn field from that episode of the Twilight Zone with the kid who had godlike powers. "Don...t...send...me...to...th.....lake...house...ma"

The whole lake house thing made me think that a lot of Eric's conversations with his parents ended with them wheeling him into a corner and either cutting the power to his chair or setting the locking brake somehow. He was an embarrassment and thus the shunning.

Crotch Bat posted:

He initially lived at the lakehouse when he first started calling. He just didn't like it because it was isolated to him. I suspect many of us may find such a place a getaway, though. Eric probably didn't have the ability to appreciate it in the same way.

Jon was just his friend. His parents called once Eric needed to leave the nest, which I believe was in his late 20s since he and Jon just started living together not long before he started calling, and asked him to take care of him then.

My memory is hazy, but didn't Jon also wheel him around during his grade school days? I remember someone who went to school with Eric also mentioned 'that big goofy guy that always followed him around as well.' Unless Eric's parents had a lot of goofy weird guys who would babysit their little monster at school as well.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

My memory is hazy, but didn't Jon also wheel him around during his grade school days? I remember someone who went to school with Eric also mentioned 'that big goofy guy that always followed him around as well.' Unless Eric's parents had a lot of goofy weird guys who would babysit their little monster at school as well.

He did but he wasn't a caretaker until Eric left his parents' home way after high school.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I loving love that his wikipedia page is for "Eric the Actor".

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Crotch Bat posted:

How is a guy in a wheelchair with only one caretaker/friend supposed to enjoy a lakehouse? It's not like he was physically capable of going swimming or hiking or really anything that would make a lakehouse getaway fun, especially if he didn't have a radio and/or the cell phone service required to call in to the show.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
One of Eric's all time dick moves was not allowing Jon to gently caress any of the Bunny Ranch whores. Supposedly Eric didn't want to get Jon's sloppy seconds even though Eric was probably getting sloppy thousands from Air Force Amy.

After all the poo poo Jon went through for Eric and he can't pay for sex at the same establishment that Eric gets freebies from?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Sorry, Eric; they only have a Wendy's"

"Do you... h... ave their men... u? Do they have any specials?"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

"His name's Jerry...you know what to do. You....know.....what......to......do."

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I also love how Eric was in such denial about no one making fun of him in high school. Didn't he say the only thing people called him was "speedy" or something because of how fast he'd wheel around. Right eric

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

How is a guy in a wheelchair with only one caretaker/friend supposed to enjoy a lakehouse? It's not like he was physically capable of going swimming or hiking or really anything that would make a lakehouse getaway fun, especially if he didn't have a radio and/or the cell phone service required to call in to the show.

Well so I addressed that in the sentence if you read it.

Eric's hatred for the lakehouse stemmed from what he claims was isolation but the guy was a shut-in his entire adult life until he hooked up with Fratto. I'm sure isolation meant there wasn't a Wendy's around not "man there's nowhere to go to meet women".

I was never there but I would virtually guarantee you Eric spent nearly all his time indoors at the lakehouse when even just being outside on the patio or deck or whatever would be leagues better but as I said, I don't think Eric had the ability to appreciate such a place the same way as many of us could.

BobbyK posted:

I also love how Eric was in such denial about no one making fun of him in high school. Didn't he say the only thing people called him was "speedy" or something because of how fast he'd wheel around. Right eric

There's just no way. Kids don't give a gently caress.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 31, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

He definitely mistook 'Speedy' for people doing that faux-teasing sarcasm (at its best) or outright sarcasm (at its worst).

Not surprised in the least :allears:

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Say what you will about Eric the Actor (nee Midget) but not many can lay claim to being fired by a future president of the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c_-q_TGGwE

(at 55 mins)

misdirectomy fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 1, 2017

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I really would have loved Howard get into a more detailed discussion about the lakehouse. I always assumed there was some small, insane reason he didnt want to go there. Like the cable provider didnt have country music television or some channel that had wrestling.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

misdirectomy posted:

Say what you will about Eric the Actor (nee Midget) but not many can lay claim to being fired by a future president of the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c_-q_TGGwE

Holy poo poo, I now LOVE this channel. :toot:

Gonna listen to all of them, because of course I am. Not being a regular listener of the show, I'm actually kind of surprised that Howard mentioned him on his 42nd birthday; I really figured that he wouldn't have come up at all.

EDIT: Hahaha, listening to mixtape #1, ETA says 'Listen to me, I do not have one gay bone in my body'. It would have been a masterstroke for High Pitch to have then asked 'Do you want one?'

Also, I loved 'I'm small in the pants, too. Can we talk about this?'

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 1, 2017

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HnSiRYByg

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Howards discomfort and fake smile at the end is the best part of this.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sal's got balls at the very least

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This rose is a symbol of the fact that it symbolizes that my heart is pure like the gold on the rose. You are as beautiful as the rose.

Sorry guys, I just woke up when I wrote this. :negative:

EDIT: I buttfuck japanese male gymnasts!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Skip My Posts posted:

Sal's got balls at the very least

Everyone thought it was funny and then had to pretend he crossed the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banditoh
Aug 13, 2005

Bonzo posted:

I imagine they must've taken some interest in what Eric was up to. But I can't think the parents really cared that much about the hookers, except the talking about it on the radio part. The guy needed an outlet to the outside world, I'd hope his parents understood that. And I'm glad the little guy got to have sex, I can't imagine waking up in that body everyday.

Your reg date is 3/11, the day the nightmare began for the Lynch family. I know too much about ETM. I could probably write a dissertation on the little guy.