Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junior Jr. posted:

God this one was harsh, like really harsh, but THIS was the reality check Noah desperately needed.

I know I've already mentioned I used to be a fan of Spoony, since sometime around 2008, but seeing him turning into a lost cause, STILL bitching on Twitter and STILL not updating or keeping promises to his patrons has deeply broken my heart.

And to think I used to partially defend this guy after his tweet to JesuOtaku and feud with Lupa, when I never realised he's done worse poo poo than that...I mean my god.

Never have I grown such deep hatred towards this arsehole, but somehow he's so retarded that he can't take a hint that his fans don't want him doing boring livestreams and leeching off of their money and doing nothing productive in the process. Hell I even looked back at his last review when he teased future reviews of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and some Highlander film...and that was three years ago.

I've supported him even after his backlashes and that's already died out. Now after watching Internet Aristocrat/Mister Metokur's video, and Spoony's response to that wasn't "I should understand my fanbase used to care for me back then and I should address my current situation" but instead "why are people hating on me", he's confirmed to me that he's definitely a lost cause.

-

I know Noah will never see this post, hell he doesn't even have an SA account, but if he does...I want him to understand something.

Noah, you are a oval office, you are a loving scummy oval office.

When you were in your prime, myself and thousands of fans used to love watching your Final Fantasy reviews, Highlander rants, and the Ultima retrospective. You had fans who seriously gave a poo poo about your work inside and outside of Channel Awesome. We donated to your Patreon because we were your supporters and believed in you, no matter what poo poo you were in (even with Scarlett) we'd still be there for you.

So what did you do to your fans who followed you for 7 years? You treated them like poo poo, took their money and ran and barely updated your content! Not only that, you talked poo poo on livestreams, burned bridges with your CA peers, and ruined your credibility as a reviewer by loving tweeting non-stop, even as YOUR loving DOG FOR gently caress'S SAKE!

Is it any wonder why April is still putting up with your poo poo and you don't bring up Miles anymore?

And now look at you...all you do now is tweet about WWE, complain at people on social media, disable comments in your videos because you don't want to know what people really think of your work, do livestreams of games where you feel like you'd rather play them WITHOUT streaming them in the first place, have some weird plot in your last reviews that later went nowhere (gee I wonder why), have no use for your VHS board games that may as well clutter up your house, rely on Patreon for more money instead of getting a real job, and most importantly...you're COMPLETELY LEFT ON YOUR OWN because all your friends, fans, and collaborators have ABANDONED YOU!

I loving despise of you now, you're nothing but a loving scumbag. A part of me really doesn't want to believe that, but you've MADE ME believe it...I've yet to see an apology from you since you clearly hate your fans.

I was hoping, really hoping you'd come to your senses, do the right thing and tried to earn respect from your fans...but you BETRAYED them. I should've known better...and Lupa possibly did too.

Noah, you truly are a loving scummy oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

*Fart*

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats a sick post

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Mr.Radar posted:

Speaking of meltdowns related to internet critics, the official subreddit for Cinemassacre/AVGN recently went through a bunch of drama after it was revealed that Mike Matei (who is the head mod of the sub) was brazenly abusing his power and generally making bad decisions (including posting dick pics to the subreddit with his official moderator account and doing a livestream on the official Cinemassacre Youtube channel while so drunk he couldn't finish the first level of Super Mario Brothers). Details in these /r/subredditdrama posts: 1, 2.

None of this is remotely surprising from what I've seen of Matei. Still :stare:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I mean he's not wrong.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Junior Jr. posted:

God this one was harsh, like really harsh, but THIS was the reality check Noah desperately needed.

I know I've already mentioned I used to be a fan of Spoony, since sometime around 2008, but seeing him turning into a lost cause, STILL bitching on Twitter and STILL not updating or keeping promises to his patrons has deeply broken my heart.

And to think I used to partially defend this guy after his tweet to JesuOtaku and feud with Lupa, when I never realised he's done worse poo poo than that...I mean my god.

Never have I grown such deep hatred towards this arsehole, but somehow he's so retarded that he can't take a hint that his fans don't want him doing boring livestreams and leeching off of their money and doing nothing productive in the process. Hell I even looked back at his last review when he teased future reviews of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and some Highlander film...and that was three years ago.

I've supported him even after his backlashes and that's already died out. Now after watching Internet Aristocrat/Mister Metokur's video, and Spoony's response to that wasn't "I should understand my fanbase used to care for me back then and I should address my current situation" but instead "why are people hating on me", he's confirmed to me that he's definitely a lost cause.

-

I know Noah will never see this post, hell he doesn't even have an SA account, but if he does...I want him to understand something.

When you were in your prime, myself and thousands of fans used to love watching your Final Fantasy reviews, Highlander rants, and the Ultima retrospective. You had fans who seriously gave a poo poo about your work inside and outside of Channel Awesome. We donated to your Patreon because we were your supporters and believed in you, no matter what poo poo you were in (even with Scarlett) we'd still be there for you.

So what did you do to your fans who followed you for 7 years? You treated them like poo poo, took their money and ran and barely updated your content! Not only that, you talked poo poo on livestreams, burned bridges with your CA peers, and ruined your credibility as a reviewer by loving tweeting non-stop, even as YOUR loving DOG FOR gently caress'S SAKE!

Is it any wonder why April is still putting up with your poo poo and you don't bring up Miles anymore?

And now look at you...all you do now is tweet about WWE, complain at people on social media, disable comments in your videos because you don't want to know what people really think of your work, do livestreams of games where you feel like you'd rather play them WITHOUT streaming them in the first place, have some weird plot in your last reviews that later went nowhere (gee I wonder why), have no use for your VHS board games that may as well clutter up your house, rely on Patreon for more money instead of getting a real job, and most importantly...you're COMPLETELY LEFT ON YOUR OWN because all your friends, fans, and collaborators have ABANDONED YOU!

I loving despise of you now, you're nothing but a loving scumbag. A part of me really doesn't want to believe that, but you've MADE ME believe it...I've yet to see an apology from you since you clearly hate your fans.

I was hoping, really hoping you'd come to your senses, do the right thing and tried to earn respect from your fans...but you BETRAYED them. I should've known better...and Lupa possibly did too.

lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Mr.Radar posted:

Speaking of meltdowns related to internet critics, the official subreddit for Cinemassacre/AVGN recently went through a bunch of drama after it was revealed that Mike Matei (who is the head mod of the sub) was brazenly abusing his power and generally making bad decisions (including posting dick pics to the subreddit with his official moderator account and doing a livestream on the official Cinemassacre Youtube channel while so drunk he couldn't finish the first level of Super Mario Brothers). Details in these /r/subredditdrama posts: 1, 2.

so what does his dick look like

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I think the problem now is that by changing to showman/circus/carnival theme, the name "Jimquisition" doesn't fit anymore. It'd be better if if he called the show something like "Sterling's Showcase of [something else that starts with 'S']"

I'm sure calling it "I'm Jim loving Sterling, Son" would get old, but it would be beautiful for that short time.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
The evil variant can just be known as 'Slim' Jim "Ate my loving Son" Sterling.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Junior Jr. posted:

-

http://i.imgur.com/ukWdtP2.gifv

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tired Moritz posted:

so what does his dick look like

Well the meme wasn't wrong.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

Junior Jr. posted:

-

You know... If I was Noah, and I'd spent a decade being attacked with vile entitled maliciousness from unstable strangers because I had a fun hobby that became a small career, I'd push people away, too. I would put up walls. I would isolate myself and justify it as self-protection.

I might even be afraid to put out more content. After all, more content just means more anger from the strangers. I wouldn't want to be on camera, either. Being on camera just gives them more to mock. More flaws to pick at. More chances for them to shame you.

If I was Noah I'd desperately try to lay low as possible and hope that those vile strangers move on to some other poor sap with a Youtube channel and hope to be mercifully forgotten.

Of course, I'm not Noah. I barely know the guy. I can't speak for him. But I can speak as a person who's been on the internet.

It's comments like these that make people want to quit. Or more than quit - It makes us wish we'd never started. That the world would be better off if the online hordes never knew our names or our stupid amateur content. It's how I've felt. Too often.

Noah's made plenty of mistakes and I won't contest that, nor will I deny his own self-destructive tendencies. But Jesus, look how far you people pushed him.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Like, what the gently caress was that? jeez.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I’m disappointed that things turned out this way for Spoony, but I can’t bring myself to get angry at him or anything because I love his old stuff so much, and because I don’t want to be too harsh on someone who obviously has a lot of awful stuff going on in his life.

At this point I see him as the equivalent of a singer who had a few big hits back in the day but hasn’t released anything in years and is still living off of the royalties. Sad, but at least he has those hits to look back on and be proud of. Most people who try to make it in the entertainment business never even get that far.

KKall posted:

It's comments like these that make people want to quit. Or more than quit - It makes us wish we'd never started. That the world would be better off if the online hordes never knew our names or our stupid amateur content. It's how I've felt. Too often.

Try not to let the these trollish comments get you down. Although I guess that’s easy for me to say, having never been in your position. For what it’s worth I’ve been following your stuff for years and I think you have a rare knack for balancing the entertainment and educational aspects of internet criticism. Not many critics could take an obscure arthouse film and review it in a way that’s both informative and funny, but you’ve done exactly that many times.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeah seriously, that's an inappropriate level of anger at a guy who isn't hurting anyone.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Maybe I'm being way too harsh, but what is exactly the patreon money going to these days?

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I can forgive him for not making anything due to succumbing to pressure, fan hate and mental illness. The thing that is hard to overlook is that he is still taking money for work he isn't doing. His patreon page should have been closed a long time ago.

Stepping away from making videos might be the best choice for him to make. He should also step away from patreon. I don't know how he can justify taking that money for such a long time and have so little to show for it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kunster posted:

Maybe I'm being way too harsh, but what is exactly the patreon money going to these days?
Providing a less than minimum wage existence to a mentally disturbed individual. Somehow people are bitter about this.

edit: we sure got a bunch of people who seem upset about welfare queens in here.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Spoony.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
the thing I'm curious about is it seems like the people getting mad about patreon money are usually the sort of people never contributing to patreons because like, it functions entirely on people willingly giving money over to someone based on their presumably personal connection with whatever that person makes or made

if those people are fine with giving some money over to spoony occasionally who cares

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Terrible Opinions posted:

Providing a less than minimum wage existence to a mentally disturbed individual. Somehow people are bitter about this.

edit: we sure got a bunch of people who seem upset about welfare queens in here.

Kinda strikes me as the same kinda logic the Chris-Chan stalker types used quite a bit to try and justify harassing them. People will latch onto any justification to poo poo on someone, no matter how "deserving" they are of it.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Kunster posted:

I believe it's buying a steady supply of "none of your loving business".

Maybe I'm being way too harsh, but no one is owed a financial breakdown of someone's personal finances.

And inb4: BUT PATREON IS OUR MONIES!

1) Unless you are a Patron, no it isn't
2) Even if you are a Patron, it still isn't. They gave that money to him. They aren't financial backers or investment capitalist who have a fiduciary duty.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cat doter posted:

the thing I'm curious about is it seems like the people getting mad about patreon money are usually the sort of people never contributing to patreons because like, it functions entirely on people willingly giving money over to someone based on their presumably personal connection with whatever that person makes or made

if those people are fine with giving some money over to spoony occasionally who cares

yea there's a lot of reasons to bust on him for not making vids and all but actual straight up anger should maybe be reserved for situations where the 'scam' isn't 100% reliant on 'people who are just as aware as we are that he hasn't made anything in ages are choosing to give him an amount of money that honestly adds up to a pretty small 'wage' all things considered, and are free to back out at any time with zero issues'. Like, his supporters are clearly fans of his who are ok just giving him some money, I'm not a huge fan so I've never wanted to do that, but honestly I can think of a few of the people I use Patreon for who, if they just straight said 'hey our output is gonna be drastically lowered for I don't know how long, sorry, feel free to quit if you want' I'd probably still stick around at least for a while.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

If Spoony has stated such and the funds are coming from folk who're aware of this and still giving money to him, then that's fine. I know a fair share of folk who do run on those sorts of funds as a general wage due to disability and all. However if there's still a constant "Wait up I'll deliver this in x months", yeah that's subpar.

I don't wanna see a situation ala the PFSC kickstarter, where after the creator meltdown a lot of other artists who sure loved to RT Mike Rowe poo poo, mocked Chris-Chan over her "tugboat" and constantly make "lol burger flipper" jokes dragged her around to scream at the dumb proles on how they don't get the pain of being a serious artiste.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 31, 2017

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I understand those words but the order makes no sense to me

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Like the thing is that it's been long enough that no one is fooled. There is no one conned into thinking Spoony will deliver stuff here soon. They're doing it out of some weird loyalty if anything.

Spoony has done literally nothing for half a year. The only reason he's been brought up is because a serial harasser and member of the internet nazi collective made a video about him, and for some reason people thought it was okay to link in here. Would we start a big old discussion about Anita stealing money if someone linked a Jordan Owen video and went "hey guys you should check this out".

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
If all it takes to talk about something is a link, then sure.

New One Hit Wonderland!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Then that's fine by me!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I was gonna watch HBomberguy's video about Sherlock but it was blocked by the BBC. Whelp.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Goddamnit I was so looking forward to that :<

Kimble Justice has started the retrospective on Final Fantasy VIII, a video per disc to be expected.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Augus posted:

I was gonna watch HBomberguy's video about Sherlock but it was blocked by the BBC. Whelp.

I thought their site going down the drain of pop culture and human interest was bad, but this unconscionable.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So will I have any interest in Hbomberguy's video if I haven't seen the show?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Don't watch it. Remain free of the taint of BBC's Sherlock.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Augus posted:

3 views, someone got there.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Watch it.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

MiddleOne posted:

3 views, someone got there.

They were obviously three people at the BBC who are paid a full time salary to watch videos in full, and thoroughly and completely evaluate the contents-- deeply and fairly-- to properly determine the fair use status of embedded clips.

lol

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I don't know. I don't remember the before time, before I watched such a mediocre show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
BBC Sherlock is like someone saw what a douchebag Sherlock was in the original stories and said 'ah, what a likable and cool fellow'

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
BBC Sherlock started great, had its ups and downs, then really poo poo the bed in its final season.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
It's funny to me because it felt like when Elementary came out there were people being all "ugh a lame AMERICAN version of an English work :rolleyes:" and then BBC's Sherlock ended up being the one that poo poo the bed the hardest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

On the bright side, New Contra Points talking about free speech. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGTDhutW_us Holy crap I never yelled YES more loudly in agreement with a video,

Does anyone know what the Black and white segments are a reference to. Or anything?

• Locked thread