Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Skippy Granola posted:

But I will get fired from my job at the fracking factory if I'm smelly!

I did a little napkin math and you're going to have to convince your co-workers to all stop showering and flushing their toilets too, but on the plus side if you're all stinky then, well, I'll have almonds :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
has anyone in the media admitted that their "BOTH SIDES ARE BAD!!!" horserace garbage helped Trump and his fascists

like, at least one person

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Trump is Lord Zedd and we're the Power Rangers. Spicey is Goldar

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/vplus/status/869962391903236096

Coincidentally, Trumpvfefe was tweeting today about Comey lying...

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Harrow posted:

I'm starting to reach a point where I feel like Nothing Matters, but not in a political sense. I just wonder why the gently caress I'm trying to do anything at all in my daily life because it's all going to poo poo anyway. Why bother working hard at my job or trying to start a new career when the whole country's going to implode and our government is making goddamn sure that we're going to do as much irreparable damage to the world as possible on our way down.

Do anything where you can enjoy THE PROCESS, no matter what the result is, and which allows you to remain healthy and stable enough to do it as much as possible.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Harrow posted:

Yeah, Nyarlathotep is too clever to be Trump. Trump's the blind idiot god and his administration are providing the "maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes."

Also, Nyarlathotep's most common human form is a black man.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

PT6A posted:

Yeah, these morons are a very significant problem. But it's not religion itself that is the problem, it's the particular strain of selfish and intellectually incurious pseudo-Christianity that's endemic to the US. No religion is without its flaws, but this strain is indeed one of the worst ones.

Why you feel like you have to defend the concept of religion here? Nobody said anything about religions being bad in general.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

The Center cannot hold.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hey remember when Osama got killed and Fox News for some reason suddenly for that week they misspoke the name and would say Obama.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Why you feel like you have to defend the concept of religion here? Nobody said anything about religions being bad in general.

The post I originally quoted said:

quote:

There is nothing more toxic than belief in a higher power.

So, yeah, that seems like a dig against religion in general. We need to keep our focus on the things which are actually causing the problem.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Radish posted:

To be fair based on the congressional makeup that was probably true.

Most likely she'd have been impeached already. For Benghazi, Her Emails, and the Having of a Vagina.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Trump is Joffrey, a spoiled, stupid, sadistic brat who should never be in any sort of power, but fails upward into it because good is dumb. Ivanka is Margaery Tyrell, who everyone thinks will moderate Joffrey but just enables him. Bannon is Ramsey Bolton, who is against all odds worse than Joffrey and is able to unleash true horror due to unexpectedly coming into power. Chris Christie is the original, book-only Reek, and Jeb! is Theon/Reek. Comey is Jaime Lannister, who did some terrible things in the past but is now beginning to regret his role in setting up the new dynasty. Kushner is Cersei maybe?

Clinton is not the avenging Danaerys Targaryan we thought she's be pre-election: married to a horny tyrant and usurped by a charismatic outsider (Obama/Robert Baratheon), only to ride in on her dragons, kicking rear end and taking names. Turns out she's Ned Stark, who got screwed over because he stupidly had faith in the goodness and honor of people who have constantly shown that they are not to be trusted. How do you be Hillary Clinton and expect a single Republican to side with you?

Alternatively, Clinton can still be Danaerys, but she's where she is in the books currently: Lost in the wilderness, her city besieged from without and within, crapping herself to death.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BarbarianElephant posted:

Most likely she'd have been impeached already. For Benghazi, Her Emails, and the Having of a Vagina.

Yup indeed. They wouldn't have the 60 in the Senate but that wouldn't stop them wasting our time and money giving their base wet dreams. The media reporting on it would be incredibly lovely as well.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dr Christmas posted:

Trump is Joffrey, a spoiled, stupid, sadistic brat who should never be in any sort of power, but fails upward into it because good is dumb. Ivanka is Margaery Tyrell, who everyone thinks will moderate Joffrey but just enables him. Bannon is Ramsey Bolton, who is against all odds worse than Joffrey and is able to unleash true horror due to unexpectedly coming into power. Chris Christie is the original, book-only Reek, and Jeb! is Theon/Reek. Comey is Jaime Lannister, who did some terrible things in the past but is now beginning to regret his role in setting up the new dynasty. Kushner is Cersei maybe?

Clinton is not the avenging Danaerys Targaryan we thought she's be pre-election: married to a horny tyrant and usurped by a charismatic outsider (Obama/Robert Baratheon), only to ride in on her dragons, kicking rear end and taking names. Turns out she's Ned Stark, who got screwed over because he stupidly had faith in the goodness and honor of people who have constantly shown that they are not to be trusted. How do you be Hillary Clinton and expect a single Republican to side with you?

Alternatively, Clinton can still be Danaerys, but she's where she is in the books currently: Lost in the wilderness, her city besieged from without and within, crapping herself to death.

emphatically

no. stop.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Dr Christmas posted:

We deserve Trump

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
"Lewandowski says turmoil in White House communications staff is partly because Trump is too ‘articulate’"

President Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski says reported difficulties in the White House media operation are the result of Trump’s exceptional communications skills, which make it hard for his staff to keep up with him. Lewandowski’s comments followed the announcement that Mike Dubke, Trump’s director of communications, was resigning after a few months on the job.

“I think Mike was brought into a job not having a pre-existing relationship with the president,” Lewandowski said on “Fox & Friends” Wednesday. “And you know when you have a president who is so active, who is so articulate, who is so good at communicating with the media, sometimes you get staff that have to keep up with him. And it’s much easier, I think, if you have people who have a pre-existing relationship with him.”

:smithicide:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Dr Christmas posted:

Stop making GoT references to politics. These people are their own people and have their own lives and reducing them down to characters in a book limits our understanding of them.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

RottenK posted:

has anyone in the media admitted that their "BOTH SIDES ARE BAD!!!" horserace garbage helped Trump and his fascists

like, at least one person

A few have yes. But the worst offenders are still either playing dumb to avoid facing the music or are actually so stupid that they can't see what they did.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

I like to read

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

hanales posted:

Those are both pronounced the same thank you very much.

I know it was six pages ago but this is a loving good joke

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

"Lewandowski says turmoil in White House communications staff is partly because Trump is too ‘articulate’"

President Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski says reported difficulties in the White House media operation are the result of Trump’s exceptional communications skills, which make it hard for his staff to keep up with him. Lewandowski’s comments followed the announcement that Mike Dubke, Trump’s director of communications, was resigning after a few months on the job.

“I think Mike was brought into a job not having a pre-existing relationship with the president,” Lewandowski said on “Fox & Friends” Wednesday. “And you know when you have a president who is so active, who is so articulate, who is so good at communicating with the media, sometimes you get staff that have to keep up with him. And it’s much easier, I think, if you have people who have a pre-existing relationship with him.”

Hes just toooooooo articulate. Okay, see i knew something was up.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dr Christmas posted:

Maybe the climate apocalypse has a point

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Dick Trauma posted:

Gonna need a source here or I'm assuming it's Andy Borowitz or something.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I...don't really know.

I guess they still have to convince people that it's worth switching to them. USAA is also available to family members who might not be aware.

There are a lot of people who don't realize they have access to it. Kids, spouses, etc.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Pander posted:

Gonna need a source here or I'm assuming it's Andy Borowitz or something.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/31/trump-staff-shakeups-corey-lewandowski-238976

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Huzanko posted:

And they're frequently dominionist - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Theology - and doing the whole quiverfull thing - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quiverfull.

These people are a massive part of the problem.

Quiverfull is not a movement of significant size/influence.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

Lewandowski still thinks they're going to let him back on the Trump train.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So after the evidence becomes too damning and impeachment proceedings begin is the Trump legal teams only valid defense going to be sheer incompetence? Like would the admins defense team makes the argument that Trump didn't know he couldn't tell Comey to stop investigating him? Would something like that be enough to keep him from getting impeached? Because that seems like an argument that won't work for Trump simply due to his inflated ego. I can't see him publicly admitting he has no idea what the hell he's doing even by new president standards.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/vplus/status/869962391903236096

Coincidentally, Trumpvfefe was tweeting today about Comey lying...

The banner on CNN right now says that "sources" say Comey will testify that Trump pressured him to end the Russia investigation.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Lightning Lord posted:

I like to read

I just read "the dying earth" and boy did D&D just steal everything from "the dying earth", like I knew that but until I read it, drat. Also this is on topic because we are living on the dying earth.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

These people are going to give me a stroke

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ought ten posted:

Lewandowski still thinks they're going to let him back on the Trump train.

Considering how badly he apparently wants loving Flynn back I don't think Lewandowski has bad odds.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Roger Stone shits on Lewandowski on the regular

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/866893495289737217

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/868272735075618817

https://twitter.com/RogerJStoneJr/status/868669602733096960

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

He's gonna fire Reince, put Bannon in charge and hire both of them back.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

who in their right mind thinks this man is articulate

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

I'm the one who's so articulate and good at communicating that I can only talk with people who already know me

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sloober posted:

who in their right mind thinks this man is articulate

literally the only thing I can think is a man who believes "if I complement him on something he's normally insulted over, he'll like me a lot"

can't say that he's wrong

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Dr Christmas posted:

It'd be really sweet if people stopped posting/saying moronic poo poo like this.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Trauma posted:

Do they seriously not know any way of spinning that isn't just saying that Trump is strong in the exact ways that he's ridiculously weak? If he was 4 feet tall they'd tell the press that he was taller than a skyscraper every few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Shifty Pony posted:

A few have yes. But the worst offenders are still either playing dumb to avoid facing the music or are actually so stupid that they can't see what they did.

Chris Cillizza should be guillotined.

• Locked thread