Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Randyslawterhouse posted:

There's something wrong with your unicycle.

It's a unicycle with a training wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Oh Marion Berry, when will you learn your lesson and stay off the PURE CANE.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Pastry of the Year posted:

Oh, you must live two doors down from me. :argh:

Let me know how it works for you. I could really use something to drown out that dumb loving huckleberry.
Just reporting back on the LectroFan: it does indeed do a pretty drat good job drowning out generator noise. What's nice about it is that you can choose either "fan noise" or "white noise" and then adjust the pitch of said noise to drown out whatever is disturbing you. In the case of my redneck neighbor's generator, it turned that a low pitch fan noise really masks it well. I don't even have it all that loud, either. Pretty worth the $45. I mean, I'm still going to complain to the town about that loving hayseed rear end in a top hat, but until they can be bothered to do something, this will have to do.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Just finished buying tickets here:

As well as reservations to eat here:

This hotel to live in for a week in Barcelona:

And a hotel in Andalucia to go check this out:

Should be a pretty fun couple weeks :woop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nur_Neerg posted:

What a nice place to buy tickets. Where are you going to?

:downsrim:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Nur_Neerg posted:

Is the bed just resting on a wire frame support like they use for cots?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nur_Neerg posted:

As well as reservations to eat here:

And a hotel in Andalucia to go check this out:

Should be a pretty fun couple weeks :woop:

Hell yeah this is my type of post!

Let me know how Asador Etxebarri is and I will go if it's incredible. Location is wild! Jealous!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had some pineapple cider the other day at a local bar.
None of the stores close by sell it.

What the gently caress am I going to do with my life?!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Inzombiac posted:

Ask the bar who their distributor is. Many will do single-case sales.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Inzombiac posted:

ACE had the best pineapple cider I've ever had. http://www.acecider.com/our-ciders/ace-pineapple/

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Jerry Cotton posted:

What a nice place to buy tickets. Where are you going to?

:downsrim:

Roundtrip flight for Madrid, staying mostly in San Sebastian, Barcelona, Seville over a few weeks.

Josh Lyman posted:

Is the bed just resting on a wire frame support like they use for cots?

:iiam:

Bape Culture posted:

Hell yeah this is my type of post!

Let me know how Asador Etxebarri is and I will go if it's incredible. Location is wild! Jealous!

:whatup: Bape. Also debating trying to get into Mugaritz or Arzak, El Celler de Can Roca, Tickets, and a couple Michelin-starred joints in Andalucia.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Anthony Bourdain loves Arzak so I would definitely try to get in there. And Tickets is run by Ferran Adria's bro but I think it's much more casual. Actually go to all of them.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If you're going to Madrid I've always fancied el club allard. Seems more fresh than most Spanish stuff!
Also I discovered today that four seasons do £100k round the world private jet tour and hotels for some of the best restaraunts in the world.
Someone please give me 100k. Thanks.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

Picked up the first two volumes of Rat Queens

and the first volume of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Loved the first 2 volumes of Rat Queens but bounced right off the third. Not sure why.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Nur_Neerg posted:

Roundtrip flight for Madrid, staying mostly in San Sebastian, Barcelona, Seville over a few weeks.

:iiam:

:whatup: Bape. Also debating trying to get into Mugaritz or Arzak, El Celler de Can Roca, Tickets, and a couple Michelin-starred joints in Andalucia.

My grandparents took me to Akelarre which is near Arzak, it was amazing and has an awesome view. Highly recommended.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Loved the first 2 volumes of Rat Queens but bounced right off the third. Not sure why.

Maybe because of the elder god plotline? I adore the series and will keep buying it because there are still too few female led comics.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe because of the elder god plotline? I adore the series and will keep buying it because there are still too few female led comics.

There's a reason for that.

(Nobody buys/wants them when they make them)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PCOS Bill posted:

There's a reason for that.

(Nobody buys/wants them when they make them)

The Muslim-American Ms Marvel was the top selling graphic novel when it was released you dumb piece of poo poo

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I dunno anything about comics but I mean, wiki says Wonder Woman has been published pretty much continuously since the 40s. It must sell OK for them to do that

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Wait there is a comic publisher named Marvel who has characters named Captain and Mrs Marvel? That seems lame even for comic books.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

bongwizzard posted:

Wait there is a comic publisher named Marvel who has characters named Captain and Mrs Marvel? That seems lame even for comic books.

There's an iconic super hero named Super Man

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

There's an iconic super hero named Super Man

Yea but Superman is the lamest thing ever.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

P sure what they meant by "female led" is written and or drawn by women. Anyway to really get into it those comics don't last in the big two because Marvel and DC are stuck in old, sexist ways.

http://www.tor.com/2017/04/05/lets-talk-about-marvel-comics-the-diversity-doesnt-sell-myth-and-what-diversity-really-means/

Anyway that's not the point, it's not a recent purchase because Kickstarter, but I just recently redeemed the key for Cosmic Star Heroine. It's a fun game, especially if you like the original Phantasy Star RPGs.

Edit:

bongwizzard posted:

Just wait because the original Ms. Marvel is the new Captain Marvel. Also DC has a super hero called Captain Marvel, but they can't publish a book called Captain Marvel, so when they feature him it has to be called Shazam. (He says Shazam when he transforms into Captain Marvel)

Humerus has a new favorite as of 23:41 on May 30, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bill, as always, is wrong and stupid.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PCOS Bill posted:

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth

Yes

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Bape Culture posted:

I went a couple years ago and liked it a lot. Food was amazing and it was a bit more laid back than other $$$/Michelin places I've been to. Plus the setting is amazing.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Spent too much money on music as usual but the best purchase was this classic. From the artist who scored such legendary films as "The Transporter"

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
I don't think its about sexism as it is about if you can read the premise of the roller derby medieval tumblr adventure and not feel embarrassed you're probably not a group large enough to appeal to a comic company who wants to make money. Especially when the bulk of your customers are manchildren that would instantly balk at it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought a new iron because the old one was starting to rust and gently caress up my shirts.
Irons, despite their name, should not rust!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I bought a new iron because the old one was starting to rust and gently caress up my shirts.

What brand was the old one?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

bongwizzard posted:

Well it's a long history of it. When the X-Men debuted Jean Grey was called Marvel Girl.

I bought some white speaker wire and plastic molding to hide some cables.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

betterinsodapop posted:

Just reporting back on the LectroFan: it does indeed do a pretty drat good job drowning out generator noise. What's nice about it is that you can choose either "fan noise" or "white noise" and then adjust the pitch of said noise to drown out whatever is disturbing you. In the case of my redneck neighbor's generator, it turned that a low pitch fan noise really masks it well. I don't even have it all that loud, either. Pretty worth the $45. I mean, I'm still going to complain to the town about that loving hayseed rear end in a top hat, but until they can be bothered to do something, this will have to do.

Thanks, man! Looks like it's time to TREAT MYSELF.

the black husserl posted:

Spent too much money on music as usual but the best purchase was this classic. From the artist who scored such legendary films as "The Transporter"

I want that featureless glass head SO BAD

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Thanks, man! Looks like it's time to TREAT MYSELF.

Turn on your monitor.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you ever find it you better post links because same x 1000000

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
https://www.valentinosdisplays.com/unisex-glass-head-p-388.html

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jerry Cotton posted:

What brand was the old one?

Hamilton Beach. I know it's a poo poo brand but I was very, very poor not too long ago.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bill Dungsroman posted:

It just got brought back to life with a new artist, and it has been as good or better than when it was at it's peak. It's renumbered, and #3 just came out last week (or the week before), so it should be easier to find and start again. There isn't much that you need from the previous run of it, and they time skip from when it got soft-canceled to the current storyline. Basically, anything that got added (like a new member) is exposition'ed to catch you up.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I had this problem too, turns out you should always use distilled water and not tap water, since the minerals over time gently caress up the innards of the iron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randyslawterhouse
Oct 11, 2012

Valentinosdisplays.com posted:

Unisex glass heads with distinctive facial features

Close, but no cigar.