Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Servaetes posted:

Ignite snipes A+++

Fog snipes with Finales Funkeln, Enchanted Crystal Arrow, and SUPER MEGA DEATH ROCKET! are all up there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Fog snipes with Finales Funkeln, Enchanted Crystal Arrow, and SUPER MEGA DEATH ROCKET! are all up there too

http://plays.tv/video/58ebd83c97a09...retly?from=user

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I remember running gold gen poo poo on pre-rework soraka and rushing a philosopher's stone.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the best snipes in league of legend are found only in aram and it are fadeaway snowball kills. and nothing will ever beat that. but the guy above me is on to something we need to bring back gp5

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
gp5 runes on supports were standard several years back before gold gen item rework.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The best gold build was Bankplank anyway.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I wouldn't be surprised if minor runes were in fact 9x whatever stat squashed into a single rune.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the best snipe in my league career is when i got a kill on a double up and someone flashed the second hit of the double up and still died

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I accidentally hit a max range fist with Blitzcrank that killed the target.

Our ADC went on tilt immediately. They went AFK and argued with our mid laner before just quitting. We were really ahead and then lost.

That's my story of my sickest snipe.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Did they afk cause you "ks'd" the kill or???

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Camel Camus posted:

Did they afk cause you "ks'd" the kill or???

Basically, yeah. I got accused of deliberately stealing a kill. I was aiming for somebody who ran into a bush but hit somebody that I guess was recalling instead and they died.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

pog boyfriend posted:

the best snipes in league of legend are found only in aram and it are fadeaway snowball kills. and nothing will ever beat that.

Counterpoint: cross-map redemption snipes.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

rabidsquid posted:

the best snipe in my league career is when i got a kill on a double up and someone flashed the second hit of the double up and still died

My best kill was flashing to get a killing first-hit Double-Up on the enemy Thresh and him responding by flashing while it was midair to get close enough to his Jinx to allow the bounce to hit her and get me the double kill.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Unrelated: I don't think I've ever played an ADC that trades better 2v2 at level 2 than MF with Q, E and Doran's Shield. I'm frequently taking both enemy ADC and support to 20-30% hp while staying on 50-60% myself with my support even higher. Her single-target all-ins are still rubbish before first item, but Love Tap plus the shield equals insane 2v2 trades.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dorans shield caitlyn is really oppressive too, she loses ~kill pressure~ but she still wins every trade and can shove forever and never dies and has two pots.

other than for like, lucian and draven i really think i just generally prefer dorans shield start on adcs

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Mash posted:

Unrelated: I don't think I've ever played an ADC that trades better 2v2 at level 2 than MF with Q, E and Doran's Shield. I'm frequently taking both enemy ADC and support to 20-30% hp while staying on 50-60% myself with my support even higher. Her single-target all-ins are still rubbish before first item, but Love Tap plus the shield equals insane 2v2 trades.

Sona / Miss Fortune is a dirty lane that no one picks because it's boring but it shits on almost every lane except for Karma / Caitlyn

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Played two ranked games last night, got autofilled to top lane both times, and had issues with one of our team repeatedly DCing and reconnecting. Oh well. I got to brush up on my top lane play at least :shrug:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just in time for them to be perma-banned with the 10-ban system :downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmHkE_piAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDRMAglS6So

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/LoLTurkiye/status/869892317662019584

:anime:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
10 bans god bless America

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

is windwall really that big at max level? every game i play with a yasuo ends at 20 minutes so i dont think ive ever actually seen it maxed lol

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Radical posted:

is windwall really that big at max level? every game i play with a yasuo ends at 20 minutes so i dont think ive ever actually seen it maxed lol

Windwall is huge and aggravating as gently caress, it's one reason why he's perma banned.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Those skins are both kinda dook to me, where the hell is Urgot

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
So what champs will never be seen again with the ten bans? There'll probably be 4-5 constant bans every game ever. My guess

1. Yasuo
2. Riven
3. Fizz
4. Lee sin?
5. Blitz?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Friend and I finally decided to do our placements and resume the grind, we were low plat last season, went 5/5 (some p unlucky games I gotta say), and placed gold 5. Disheartening but since then we've won over 80% of our games and just skipped to Gold 3, we're on path to skip again to Gold 1.

Who benefits from this sytem really? I feel like we're just ruining games for the opposing team cause riot smurfed us, our mid goes like 0/6 by 10 minutes in and we still just clown on them.

Zilean support/mao jungle is hilarious by the way.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

So what champs will never be seen again with the ten bans? There'll probably be 4-5 constant bans every game ever. My guess

1. Yasuo
2. Riven
3. Fizz
4. Lee sin?
5. Blitz?

Prolly 2 or 3 slots for whatever the fotm supports are, like right now I see karma and lulu permabanned with just 6 bans.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Katarina and Xayah probably gonna get a few bans too.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm excited to literally never have a yasuo in my game again.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

I'm excited to literally never have a yasuo in my game again.

It's a tough tossup between Yasuo and Lee Sin, but if I never have to see Windwall again, I'll be a happy man.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Where are you guys reading about the potential rules on 10 man ban? I assume they have a method to make champ select not take 5 years?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

Where are you guys reading about the potential rules on 10 man ban? I assume they have a method to make champ select not take 5 years?

Forget where it's posted but it's basically blind pick bans. Everyone on both teams picks bans at the same time, and while you can't pick duplicate bans on the same team, it's possible for their to be a duplicate ban on the other team. Doing this actually shortens champ select by up to 2 min compared to the old system.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

ArbitraryC posted:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/competitive/10-bans-regular-play-coming-soon

To quickly answer your second question: everyone bans concurrently.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nami, Ashe, Renekton, Mundo banned? Obviously not real.

Pretty funny how they didn't put Yasuo in there

Also if you're smart you'll just ban out these 5:

because there's a high probabily that the enemy team will ban out these 5:

I personally can't wait to never have to see Thresh ever again, that champion is my Kryptonite

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 31, 2017

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

That yasuo is a rare instance of a skin making a champion easier to play against, with the ult actually not being 10 yasuos obscuring my 320x240 screen.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Something is hosed when thresh has an above average winrate

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Thanks both of you, that's interesting and seems fair. I wonder if there's gonna be some kind of mindgames over assuming other team will get rid of high profile champs like yasuo and/or figuring someone else on your team will do it so you might as well get rid of some more niche pick you just dislike to lane against.

I could see it almost being more likely that permabanned champs will slip through because you can't see what bans have already been committed to until it's too late to change yours.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

ArbitraryC posted:

Thanks both of you, that's interesting and seems fair. I wonder if there's gonna be some kind of mindgames over assuming other team will get rid of high profile champs like yasuo and/or figuring someone else on your team will do it so you might as well get rid of some more niche pick you just dislike to lane against.

I could see it almost being more likely that permabanned champs will slip through because you can't see what bans have already been committed to until it's too late to change yours.

I'm sure some people will operate that way. I'm just going to use mine to nix my top least favorite champion to have on the other team in the game and leave it at that.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I hate and I'm tired of seeing Caitlyn in every single loving game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

henkman posted:

Something is hosed when thresh has an above average winrate

yeah thresh is a top example of a 'balanced at 47%' champion. being at 54% means he's probably the strongest champion in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Cait, Ahri, Lucian, Zac, Yasuo have nerfs on PBE.

Thresh nerfs will come as well.

edit: Speak of the devil http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-711-notes

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 31, 2017

• Locked thread