Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There's always the "Oh this won't affect me" people even thought it'll totally ruin their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

TildeATH posted:

Isn't articulate what racists say about minorities when they're surprised that they're not animals?

I also think Joe Biden is a racist.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

When the police stop shooting my people and the politicians stop suppressing our votes I'll stop taking this poo poo seriously thanks.

Humor is an important coping mechanism. You're welcome to start the "no fun trump thread", but a large part of this thread is laughing at Trump because it helps fight back despair. If I just needed a way to keep up with news, I'd follow some folks on twitter and read CNN/WaPo/NY. We come to SA to loving laugh and crack jokes, homes.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

DaveWoo posted:

In which supergenius Elon Musk realizes that, hey, maybe Trump isn't really listening to him:

https://twitter.com/damianpaletta/status/869972656942182402

We now know that trying to influence Trump is just like trying to influence a slime mold. Sometimes it might look like it's moving in the way you're arguing for, but really it's just heading where it's going to go.

The only ones actually getting it to go anywhere are paving the way with sugar water bribes.

There Bias Two posted:

At least he saw an opportunity for influence and gave it a shot.

Yeah, at least with Elon I actually believe that he's genuinely got good interests at heart. He's just misguided.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Or it's just stupid to compare real life to loving pop fantasy books like a 12 year old child

I don't know man, if they're going to act like 12 year olds isn't it incredibly apt to compare the two?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

bobjr posted:

There's always the "Oh this won't affect me" people even thought it'll totally ruin their lives.

They're basically the idiots who stay in their house during a hurricane, but they could have voted for the hurricane to never happen.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Sinteres posted:

What's the joe Biden articulate quote?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Politics is Harry Potter by other means.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Sinteres posted:

Huh. For the life of me I thought that was Harry Reid but I looked it up and it was indeed Biden.

TildeATH posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/biden.obama/

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fluffdaddy posted:

Or it's just stupid to compare real life to loving pop fantasy books like a 12 year old child

It's called a "coping mechanism". It's something people do to avoid going insane.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Chilichimp posted:

Humor is an important coping mechanism. You're welcome to start the "no fun trump thread", but a large part of this thread is laughing at Trump because it helps fight back despair. If I just needed a way to keep up with news, I'd follow some folks on twitter and read CNN/WaPo/NY. We come to SA to loving laugh and crack jokes, homes.

Sounds like GBS might be the correct forum for that "homes"

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

TildeATH posted:

He used those words to describe candidate Obama in 07/08, I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSfBKQA_KQ

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Lightning Lord posted:

Isn't it ~*good business*~ to cater to a broad audience instead of a small crowd of entrenched assholes? Seems like Mr Business should know that

Setting up the political apparatus for minority rule is very much the Republican strategy right now. Trump's idiocy, intentionally or not, is becoming part of that process.

AceOfFlames posted:

It's called a "coping mechanism". It's something people do to avoid going insane.

The symptom and the cure have become one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

Sounds like GBS might be the correct forum for that "homes"

:rolleyes:

Dear God, Watson, mocking Trump in the D&D Thread! :monocle: WELL I NEVER!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Chilichimp posted:

But for a decade, people have been telling me that you're not allowed to make jokes in gray forums or you'll get permabanned. Or is it only "jokes" involving ethnic slurs that count as jokes?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

A) trump is totally Joffrey is not funny and B) I am not your "homes".

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Chilichimp posted:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

At least he saw an opportunity for influence and gave it a shot.

I want to post this super sarcastically after every moron leaves the Trump White House :allears:

"I know that, I, the respected genius, can influence the Panther Who Eats Faces, working from within the system to selflessly reduce the number of eaten faces (and maybe get some delicious power for myself)" - every powerful American idiot, evidently, right before they're thrown under the bus

...apologies in advance if too snarky, just can't with these people only now realizing who Trump is and what it means to be a part of his little system.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Chilichimp posted:

Then I suggest actually posting something funny instead of your throw-away saturday night open mic stand up routines

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

I said he was Mace Tyrell, actually, and yes, that is funny, at least to some people here.

Sorry we can't be friends, fellow internet poster.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

How you doin' homeslice, ok?

Chilichimp posted:

I said he was Mace Tyrell, actually, and yes, that is funny, at least to some people here.

Sorry we can't be friends, fellow internet poster.

I'll be your friend... for a price.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fluffdaddy posted:

We should be comparing real life to the erudite fantasy works of James Branch Cabell and Hope Mirrlees

Edit: Trump is Don Manuel the Swineherd

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 31, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sloober posted:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
^^^ Dude did you not read what forum's poster Fluffdaddy said, please show some decorum and don't post humorous images.

Fluffdaddy posted:

When the police stop shooting my people and the politicians stop suppressing our votes I'll stop taking this poo poo seriously thanks.

Show's over guys, no more jokes!

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

We should be comparing real life to the erudite fantasy works of James Branch Cabell and Hope Mirrlees

Can I get some E.R. Eddison, Lord Dunsany and David Lindsay in there too?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Brb updating my fanfiction

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

the meme is dead

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/869979030367424513

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Lote posted:

If this passes, it's going to be one of the biggest self owns in politics since Preseident Harrison.

Ford? GET OFF MY (health) PLAN!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Knifegrab posted:

Show's over guys, no more jokes!

Don't you know? Jokes and serious subjects are mutually exclusive!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
posters calling a PoC "homes" because they got yelled at for obsessing about fantasy references ITT

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
thread is so white it should have voted trump

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

There Bias Two posted:

Don't you know? Jokes and serious subjects are mutually exclusive!

I do know, that's why I said it! Jee whiz

Jaxyon posted:

thread is so white it should have voted trump

I'm more translucent than white please be respectful.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

bobjr posted:

Which makes this legislation even more nonsensical. The people in states that didn't take the Medicaid expansion are already hosed. You can't make healthcare more miserable for them. In fact, you might make healthcare more affordable for the young people who vote less. Then the people this will impact the most are 50-64 year olds who are going to have huge premium increases. Then you have the +20% additional premiums for 2018 which is looking to be around +40% for 2018. And the people that can't react to huge economic upheavals are those without college / advanced degrees.

Helluva time to be pushing increases in drivers license fees and voter ID.

titanium posted:

Ford? GET OFF MY (health) PLAN!

William Henry Harrison

Lote fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 31, 2017

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Sloober posted:

How you doin' homeslice, ok?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Lightning Lord posted:

Isn't it ~*good business*~ to cater to a broad audience instead of a small crowd of entrenched assholes? Seems like Mr Business should know that

A lock on a highly-devoted niche of a larger demographic can very good business as well; see: Luxury cars, Fox News, and CostCo.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Is this nonsense to anyone else?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

botany posted:

Then I suggest actually posting something funny instead of your throw-away saturday night open mic stand up routines

Your having a nervous breakdown because we haven't assassinated Trump yet was the height of comedy for sure.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

someone in the press briefing needs to state that they will no longer accept the response "the tweet speaks for itself" as Spicer's go to answer on anything in the wake of covfefe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Does Franken actually have a new book coming out?

• Locked thread