Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Those 3 story apartments loving suck for loot though, map-wide. If I ever feel the need for 18 pistols and a bunch of grips for guns I'll never see, I go to an apartment building.

So bitter about apartment loot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

VikingSkull posted:

honest question

does anyone in this thread ever go to Zharki? I have over 500 games played and I've been there twice

I've played two games where I've dropped into Zharki. The first game the circle appeared at the military base, the second game the circle appeared at Mylta Power. Both times the loot was absolute garbage and I just wished we had dropped into Georgepol.

Never again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pleads posted:

Those 3 story apartments loving suck for loot though, map-wide. If I ever feel the need for 18 pistols and a bunch of grips for guns I'll never see, I go to an apartment building.

Weird, I usually beeline for apartments, I always seem to come out with a rifle.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I can't ever bring myself to go to Pochinki because all I can think about is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9_KUBLyHo

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jerkface posted:

right on. north googleopolis has so many giant buildings it would be very hard for you to end up in a lovely situation dropping there. Everyone always goes for the warehouses.

I feel like the north side has fewer car spawns than the southern side of the bay though, so it feels somewhat easier to get hosed by a bad circle.

Which is admittedly not really much of an argument for Zharki.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
Plus if you're in south Gergeopol, you might be able to take the hospital and that place is extremely my poo poo.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Pleads posted:

You've had some really lovely luck there friend.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Ice Fist posted:

You've had some really lovely luck there friend.

Agreed. Apartments are my standard go-to.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Pleads posted:

I always come out of an apartment with either a SCAR or M4 fully kitted.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Agreed. Apartments are my standard go-to.

It's not unusual for my group to drop into either the School Apartments or Yasnaya and each get a building all to ourselves and when we're all done we're all pretty much set

Barring that nobody else dropped in the same spot

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the north george apartments have left me unimpressed recently so I stick to the smaller houses. I also don't like getting trapped in them since they removed the ability to jump out any of the windows. Once someone comes in your bottom floor you're stuck fighting your way out. Unless its one of the ones with roof access I guess.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
My go-to drop is the Yasnaya mansion or police station. There's always some good poo poo in there, then I move onto the diner & the shop next to it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Georgopol Warehouses, Novo Warehouses or Military Base all day every day. Win some fights and come out completely decked.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Killed 7 people on my both to trying to get another solo chicken dinner. Started the game at the southeast part of the island and worked my way inland using a jeep just roaming the countryside finding people trying to hide and I would just roll up, park some distance away with an M16 and an 8x scope and destroy them.

I get all the way to the inside of a building near the final circle and pick off three people including a dude who tried to get the drop on me with a vector and I must have pressed alt+z at some point because my screen stopped moving and mother loving Shadowplay appeared and my game slowed to a crawl, giving some dude enough time to climb a set of stairs where I was facing a wall and UMP me to death

My reaction was a combination of a frustrated :thumbsup: and :negative:

fake edit: also for some reason Primorsk is almost always a ghost town, which is funny because I routinely come out of there with a ton of rifle/smg ammo, first aid, armor, and a vehicle occasionally, so please continue staying away from my PUBG hometown, tia

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 31, 2017

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Plus if you're in south Gergeopol, you might be able to take the hospital and that place is extremely my poo poo.

Hey, keep quiet about the most underrated loot spot in the game please

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

UP AND ADAM posted:

Hey, keep quiet about the most underrated loot spot in the game please

Anytime I've gone there in a game it's complete carnage, so I don't think it's as underground as you think.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah, it's a bloodbath every time I go there, just as many people as the school if not more.

revolther
May 27, 2008
The 3 story apartments with roof access are the poo poo, North Georgopol and Yasnaya are my preferred drops, you can kill 2 or 3 strangers and loot 6 huge apartments before moving for the first circle. West side Military Base, the 3 garages then pulling back to the houses is also pretty reliable for a hot zone.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

So I tried this today. It's a drat shame that the physics are so wonky, because good luck on trying to hit anything or even land it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148554979

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
not too shabby for my first run with no arma etc experience i think. Good fun, though a bit stressful. no idea where I got shot from at the end.

I dropped in a pretty great spot, a farm on the top of a hill in the mid south east of the map with nobody even near me. It seemed like it had good visibility so I stayed in that general area on a giant hill with lots of little buildings and stuff, but couldn't really find much beyond a nice seeming ak.

my first kill was when i was in a little building surveying around, I heard some steps outside, he opened the door, I shot him in the belly until he died. he turned out to be very very well geared up so I got some level 3 armour and helmet and like 15 bandages.

I didn't want to spend the match cowering in buildings but I also wanted to play a mostly reactive role as it was my first time playing, so I went out onto the hill to a spot where I'd hear anyone sneaking up on me and had a massive vantage point, just to see the kinds of movement I could expect. I had ended up at this point pretty far off where i started but I shouldn't have as the map ended up centered on pretty much where I landed.

Sure enough, as I'm there on the hill some dude runs riiiight past me, and heads on down the hill at full tilt. I only have a holo sight so can't do anything from range, so I watch him go into the top floor of a hexagon building about 500 yards away and advance. about 200 yards away I see him come down into the main floor and i say gently caress it, and move up crouch sprinting. at this point I figure I've made a tactical error, even if I'm being quiet there's a ton of windows in there and he must see me. I'd checked two of those buildings and found no items on the main floor so he probably wasn't distracted in his inventory.

I get closer and move up next to the door out of range of a window. he's still in there. there's not a lot to do in there - either he's camping or he knows I'm here. he seemed like he was on the move so probably not camping. I check and hey, i got a grenade of some kind from the other guy i killed. sweet, I have no idea if it's a smoke or frag, it's a square so probably smoke but I toss that poo poo through the window. I wasn't sure if it had actually worked because the indicator was a red circle, but a weirdly delayed second later there's a window breaking sound and a second later *pssshhh* smoke everywhere. if this dude didn't know i was there he must be very confused, but if he did, he would probably figure that I was using the smoke to cover my retreat. sure enough, he came running out and a brief firefight later I had a tooonnnnnnn of new guns and poo poo.

after that i kept on the move, and through what is either luck or some good intuition (I figured that people would probably avoid landmark areas like the sawmill on the way to the smaller circle) I didn't see anyone at all until the circle was what must be the smallest area. lots of fighting in the distance, hey, that bush looks like ok cover, I guess? nope I'm dead gg

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm either gonna kill everyone or die

probably die

https://www.twitch.tv/agoat

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Walrus posted:

lots of fighting in the distance, hey, that bush looks like ok cover, I guess? nope I'm dead gg

Concealment is not cover is the thing a lot of people need to realize about this game more than others.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 1, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah you would think that people would know that a bush is not a cover since you can walk through it. It's not a wall or a vehicle that you hide behind.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
apartments are good, but the school apartments are the best because it's in the middle of the map, and for some reason we never run into more than 1 other group who try to land there (most people go for school or either of the towns close by)

Always Land On the Same Roof if there are other people, you basically can't lose an early game 2v1

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The school apartments are good loot but I run into way too many campers just waiting behind doors or around unpeekable corners when I go there. Unless I got completely screwed on zoom scopes I tend to avoid buildings completely once the game gets later on.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Power plant for life, especially when playing squad mode with only 3 people. Nobody goes there in squad mode it seems.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Party Plane Jones posted:

Concealment is not cover is the thing a lot of people need to realize about this game more than others.

I don't think I was even actually shot through the bush, but yeah. I was using it mainly to shield my approach to the one remaining building in the area but I guess someone saw me from another angle.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's the island in the top right?
Is there any way to get there in a reasonable time?

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Inzombiac posted:

What's the island in the top right?
Is there any way to get there in a reasonable time?

It is the same island you load into lobby in.
Yeah you can go by boat and get back to the circle unless the plane or circle is really bad.
But its basically drive a boat forward for 12 minutes just to get some loot and is really boring.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
Man, I bought this game a couple of days ago because the youtube videos were really cool, but I suck rear end at this game - especially with landing shots and spotting people. Closest I've gotten to a chicken dinner was coming in 4th once. Is it just one of those things that come with practice?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Land in the popular spots and get into lots of early gun fights. You can't get comfortable shooting if you don't spend time shooting. Also turn down your sensitivity so you can control recoil and aim easier.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
https://clips.twitch.tv/UglyInquisitiveWhaleOhMyDog

Fish in a barrel. Jesus.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Captain Beans posted:

Land in the popular spots and get into lots of early gun fights. You can't get comfortable shooting if you don't spend time shooting. Also turn down your sensitivity so you can control recoil and aim easier.

This is the best advice. Also shooting dudes is a lot more fun than hiding in a bathroom for 30 minutes.

If you manage to survive the initial melee go on the offensive. Don't hide when you hear gun shots or footsteps. Go hunt them down. Learn how to engage dudes in the open and in urban areas.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Captain Beans posted:

Also turn down your sensitivity so you can control recoil and aim easier.

drat, thanks for this tip. It should have been obvious to me but it helps so much. Just had a 7 kill run tragically cut short at #7 that I'm going to attribute to this change! :cheers:

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

First chicken dinner tonight. Only got two kills but my duo partner got 10 so we're OK, right?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

I had to bring some stuff left in the rain in, came back like 15 minutes later in the last 30. With a basically stock AK I looted off some clown, I somehow manage to crawl my way to victory. The second to last scuffle was the best, some guy with a SCAR had me super hemmed in behind a tiny rock. I knew that as long as someone else didn't come around, he would have to leave for the white circle first. Sure enough I see that assholes running to the white in pure desperation and I let him have some Soviet manufactured painkiller hopped up justice. Take that you fancy pants SCAR-L and AWM toting tossers. You can't beat the power of extended magazine stock Kalashnikov.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

There's only one correct way to switch drivers in vehicles.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148568032

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is there any graphic settings I should change? Other than the ones in the OP?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I drop in the Georgopol shipping yard, run around frantically as people make running punches for a bit until someone finds a AKM. I find a M416, look around for a bit and hit those houses up just south of them. First house, 4x scope and a K98. 2nd house, another 4x scope, more ammo, armor.

Things are looking up. I'm running for that hill just north of them, I hear a car and hit the deck, he runs me over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

CitizenKain posted:

I drop in the Georgopol shipping yard, run around frantically as people make running punches for a bit until someone finds a AKM. I find a M416, look around for a bit and hit those houses up just south of them. First house, 4x scope and a K98. 2nd house, another 4x scope, more ammo, armor.

Things are looking up. I'm running for that hill just north of them, I hear a car and hit the deck, he runs me over.

Every time I get my perfect loadout I die immediately. Every time I have an Uzi a revolver and level one everything I place in the top 10.

• Locked thread