Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Trading a cost-controlled 12th overall pick for a "win-now veteran" is the exact kind of terrible move that a short-term oriented coach/president would make. Giving your coach control over basketball operations should never happen, even if the coach has a stellar reputation like SVG or Thibs prior to their hires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

I hope Phoenix takes Fox so they'll have 4 Kentucky PGs on the roster while Cal scowls in the background and they once again end up fire selling good assets because they can't think of what to do with them all

I think Jackson at 4 is what will happen. Which means there is a chance issac falls to Minnesota at 7. Depends on what Orlando does .

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Unless Robert Sarver has changed his opinion on """criminals""" he's not letting his team draft Josh Jackson.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

The Glumslinger posted:

Speaking of Wilt, the Wilt Archive posted about 20 minutes of footage from the 1964 finals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUgRNDkupA

He looks real good

Tommy Heinsohn - The Black and White Mamba

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

attackmole posted:

Why would Pheonix want Drummond? They're log jammed with bigs as is

Chandler
Len
Bender
Chriss.

Len and Chandler are rebounding bigs in the Drummond mold already. I guess Len could walk and Chandler might have already been thrown away as very expensive benchwarmer, but I suspect they're thinking about Bender and Chriss being the front court of their future. Obviously it could be years before Bender is ready (or he might bust) but it's hard for me to see them wanting to add a big name centre with four years left on their contract when you have a high potential player you're trying to develop behind him.

Alan Williams looked better than everyone on that list other than Chriss the second half of this season.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

wait doesn't SFV suck and all the fighting game people hate it because it's not a challenging game

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rick posted:

Unless Robert Sarver has changed his opinion on """criminals""" he's not letting his team draft Josh Jackson.

lol what? He's not Jerry Colangelo.

Markieff Morris got arrested for shooting someone with a bb gun and that didn't stop the Suns from drafting him

PJ Tucker got a DUI and they signed him to a new contract like 3 weeks later

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 31, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Of course if thibs got issac he'd probably never play him with kat anyway.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

euphronius posted:

Of course if thibs got issac he'd probably never play him with kat anyway.

Isaac will probably play more than 10 minutes per game if he's on the Timberwolves

e: gently caress I just realized now I can't use "Wolves" without opening up G-League team jokey-jokes.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Road Trippin is a great podcast. The episode where Bill Walton talks for 40 minutes straight is incredible

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

mistermojo posted:

Road Trippin is a great podcast. The episode where Bill Walton talks for 40 minutes straight is incredible

Ive been catching up on it the last few weeks. It's so excellent. The Walton one is great, but the Duncan one is the best

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

overhearing some warriors fans complaining about how lebron is always gonna be around and have a supporting cast because ring chasers keep joining his teams

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

No actually they retired bill laimbeer's jersey so they all literally deserve to die

If only Bill could see the innovations that Draymond has brought to the game.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I really love the concept of "ring chasing" because the entire point of professional sports is to win rings.

Everyone is ring chasing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

I really love the concept of "ring chasing" because the entire point of professional sports is to win rings.

Everyone is ring chasing.

Some players care more about money, to be fair.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think ring chasing means someone like David west, who, at the end of his career takes minimum or near minimum amounts of money to get a chance for a ring as a backup.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

I think ring chasing means someone like David west, who, at the end of his career takes minimum or near minimum amounts of money to get a chance for a ring as a backup.

Finally. A solid definition of ring chasing. Now the trolls can stop for GOOD.

The Clippers are trying to lure Jerry West away from the Warriors. Good luck to both sides.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Anyone who wants a stream for the finals reborn4hdliv is doing a free invite through the finals. I've been pretty happy with the stream, especially as it now supports native chromecast. PM me, I guess I have 5.

You can join us goons who are always 40 seconds behind everyone else in the GDT.

edit: I guess I should say, you have to jump through major weird chinese hoops to send them money, but I think for the free trial you don't need to do anything. Just be prepared if you decide to buy their year package.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 31, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
CJ Miles opted out yesterday.

Well.....bye...

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

pubic works project posted:

CJ Miles opted out yesterday.

Well.....bye...

Well duh. It was under 5 million a year. Indiana still has his bird rights and everything, but that contract was way under market in this cap.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Step 1 of CIA Pop's Master Plan to Win the 2018 NBA championship
1.] ACQUIRE HOSTAGE
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap-amp/246094/Nick-Kerr-To-Join-Spurs-As-Video-Coordinator

quote:

"It’s good for him to go out and do his own thing; pretty good opportunity to go work for the best in the business," said Steve Kerr.

We’re going to miss him."

yes...yess you will...

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

sportsgenius86 posted:

Alan Williams looked better than everyone on that list other than Chriss the second half of this season.

I knew there was someone I was forgetting! See, even more bigs.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i guess someone wrote "Not a good basketball player" on lebron's LA house

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Brolander posted:

i guess someone wrote "Not a good basketball player" on lebron's LA house

I saw this and was cheered up that vandals would be so succinct and straight-forward and not crude. Then looked it up and saw it was actually a very different insult starting with N.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Reminder! Don't google CJ Miles at work!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Reminder! Don't google CJ Miles at work!

haaha i remember when we doing our fake draft a few summers ago and I was googling CJ Miles to look up his stats before sending in my pick. The lady sitting beside me on the bus gave me a weird look....especially when I didn't close the browser immediately ;)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What shows up if you google him?!

Edit: Oh...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Nice

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Reminder! Google CJ Miles.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

What shows up if you google him?!

Edit: Oh...

Hahahahahaha

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

CJ Miles can shoot 3's and got some fake rear end titties

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Eltoasto posted:

CJ Miles can shoot 3's and got some fake rear end titties

Weird that hair negatively impacts shooting but boobs don't

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
CJ Miles and CJ Miles would make a great couple

TBeats posted:

Reminder! Google CJ Miles.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://streamable.com/ym5l5

Adam Silver sounds pretty open to getting rid of the one-and-done rule

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

IcePhoenix posted:

He's been pushing for two years for a while

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Remember, google Fournier too.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I usually watch the finals with real human beings instead of all y'all computer simulations who effectively trick me into thinking you're people, but for various emotional and financial reasons I have to briefly flee the country and I may take advantage of that finals offer thank you

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Assuming a crazy world in where the 2 year rule goes through, doesn't that potentially make the first draft for that era really bad?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

attackmole posted:

Remember, google Fournier too.

You dick :)

I just ate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

this link involves colin cowherd talking and there was no warning. it just started happening

• Locked thread