Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Dexo posted:

I can only speak for me, but yes. I was taught from an early age to lawyer the gently caress up asap and don't say poo poo.

When it comes to any lawsuit I would direct any and all inquiries made to me to my lawyer. And Let my Lawyer say whatever needs to be said.

And if you aren't aware, this is what literally every person should do. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, rich, poor, innocent or guilty. If the cops ever say "We'd like to ask you some questions" the only answer you give is "I want a lawyer".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is covfefe

It's alive, afraid, a lie, a sin
it's magic it's tragic it's a loss it's a win
it's dark, it's moist, it's a bitter pain
it's sad it happened and it's a shame.

You want it all but you can't have it.
It's in your face but you can't grab it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok, good point. If it were up to me, I'd still suggest that an attorney for the campaign should be speaking for the campaign, and everyone else should get their own independent attorneys.

The only goal Trump should have in this investigation is to not get impeached.

He shouldn't give a drat about any members of the campaign, or anyone else. He should have someone talking for him that only cares about saving and protecting him.

This is totally the right play for Trump even if he is 100% innocent of every single thing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

To this already old covfefe meme I say "Bqwhtever"

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

God, what are the chances that someone in the Trump chain is already researching a trademark for covfefe? Like, haha, nooooooo waaaay.

But, you know, maybe.

(Probably)

Calling it now. Covfefe is going to be the theme of the next Trump Loot Box.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Maybe covfefe is intentional gaslighting

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dexo posted:

The only goal Trump should have in this investigation is to not get impeached.

He shouldn't give a drat about any members of the campaign, or anyone else. He should have someone talking for him that only cares about saving and protecting him.

This is totally the right play for Trump even if he is 100% innocent of every single thing.

Oh right sure but not for anyone else.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Personally I'm embarrassed that you're all still making jokes about it after both Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee did. We as a collective nation/world should all just quietly move on and never speak of this again.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Personally I'm embarrassed that you're all still making jokes about it after both Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee did. We as a collective nation/world should all just quietly move on and never speak of this again.

We have a once in a lifetime chance to keep a Zodiac Killer victim on life support. Don't take this away from us.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I just attended a meeting for a dual immersion school program for my kids. Any chance Trump or Devos will gently caress this up?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Al Borland Corp. posted:

To this already old covfefe meme I say "Bqwhtever"

But Spicer said all the cool kids know what it is. I wanna be cool too.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

STAC Goat posted:

Ted Cruz is a joke so big, he collapsed into a joke black hole. Nothing funny can escape its event horizon.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

AceOfFlames posted:

We have a once in a lifetime chance to keep a Zodiac Killer victim on life support. Don't take this away from us.

He can take our lives but he can never take our dumb memes.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I just attended a meeting for a dual immersion school program for my kids. Any chance Trump or Devos will gently caress this up?

*shakes magic 8 ball*

ALL SIGNS SAY YES

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ok, good point. If it were up to me, I'd still suggest that an attorney for the campaign should be speaking for the campaign, and everyone else should get their own independent attorneys.

That lawyer is Trump's personal lawyer. Everyone else has to get their own. The campaign as a legal entity no longer exists, I think, so it doesn't need its own (and if it does, the charges being investigated would be criminal charges for individuals not charges for the campaign as a legal entity). Spicer is saying that any public statements from the Administration will be made through Trump's lawyer, which makes sense as the Administration essentially speaks for Donald Trump.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/869992546126241793

Spicer's lovely response to the double standard between Kathy Griffin and Ted Nugent is that he'd have to go back and "look at the reactions at the time".

What the gently caress?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lightning Lord posted:

Maybe covfefe is intentional gaslighting

If true, it's a stupid attempt. No one is losing their minds over it, we're just laughing at his stupid rear end.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mr Interweb posted:

Spicer's lovely response to the double standard between Kathy Griffin and Ted Nugent is that he'd have to go back and "look at the reactions at the time".

What the gently caress?

he can't say it was wrong to invite nugent, because he's not even allowed to admit that trump made a typo in a tweet

he can't say there's a difference between the two and nugent is ok but griffin is not, because he will be endlessly mocked for weeks about it and redirect the griffin story into the nugent story

so he just avoids answering the question and won't ever answer it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Oh right sure but not for anyone else.

That's false. So long as Trump remains president. He can totally take care of those that do take the fall.

Commutation of their sentences. Word to Scooter Libby.

Unless they get dinged with full on Treason in which case, welp.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

What the gently caress?

The reaction at the time was Trump saying it reflected the anger of the country while allowing that it maybe wasn't the best choice of words.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

That lawyer is Trump's personal lawyer. Everyone else has to get their own. The campaign as a legal entity no longer exists, I think, so it doesn't need its own (and if it does, the charges being investigated would be criminal charges for individuals not charges for the campaign as a legal entity). Spicer is saying that any public statements from the Administration will be made through Trump's lawyer, which makes sense as the Administration essentially speaks for Donald Trump.

Pretty sure his presidential campaign still exists, as it's continuing to run rallies.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dexo posted:

That's false. So long as Trump remains president. He can totally take care of those that do take the fall.

Commutation of their sentences. Word to Scooter Libby.

Unless they get dinged with full on Treason in which case, welp.

Could vs will

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr Interweb posted:

What the gently caress?

Barack and Michelle Obama didn't whine about Nugent and use their children as political shields, so it was ok for him to say he wants to kill the president.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
I'm reminded of the time Trump mocked that disabled journalist. Whenever it comes up in conversation, Trump's cultists claim that no, Trump just always waves his arms when he mocks someone. To which the answer is yes, but he mocked a disabled guy by acting like a disabled guy, which is a dick move. If he really didn't mean to send that message, then he could do what any mature human being would do, which is to honestly apologize and move on. Trump is incapable of either of these things, so he will never deserve any slack on the subject.

Covfefe is similar, though on a lower scale. Easy to say ' I typo'd, oh well', but that would be Admitting A Mistake, which he can never do. Therefore, it's worth poking him with the covfefe stick every so often just to remind him of his public dumbness.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

Pretty sure his presidential campaign still exists, as it's continuing to run rallies.

I believe that's his 2020 campaign.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

I believe that's his 2020 campaign.

gently caress LAW

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Chernabog posted:

It's alive, afraid, a lie, a sin
it's magic it's tragic it's a loss it's a win
it's dark, it's moist, it's a bitter pain
it's sad it happened and it's a shame.

You want it all but you can't have it.
It's in your face but you can't grab it.

Can it squeal, does it squirm
If it's fresh will it burn?
I can't put my finger on it
Can it fly, will it try

If the wings are still wet?
Can it heal, is it real
Can it feel the threads of time?

Does it glow, will it shine
Does it leave a trail of slime

Are you surprised when I touch covfefe inside?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Guys, I'm afraid Trump has finally figured out a way to keep the media permanently distracted. "Covfeve" was just a test run, and judging by the way it dominated the headlines for a whole day, it was a massive success. Now all Trump has to do is utter some random nonsense made-up word on his Twitter every night, and he's set for the rest of his term!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Woozle-wuzzle?

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I read this Vox.com article that speculates that Trump's bullshitting is a loyalty test, to see who is loyal enough to him that they'd parrot and defend any dumb thing he says. It made me think that there is a strong chance the Republicans and conservative movement will survive Trump even if the worst comes to worst, because they've at least proven they're loyal to the cause. That's the one good that they will get out of this whole thing. They will have egg on their faces but they will have also demonstrated that they are very loyal to each other. That mutual trust will see them through this fiasco. Conversely, anyone who turns on Trump too early will lose their credibility as a stalwart Republican, and that will hurt them even if they are vindicated in Trump's impeachment.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

lol Nick Searcy getting all pissy at RC Cola

https://twitter.com/yesnicksearcy/status/869997918505152512

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

RZA Encryption posted:

Woozle-wuzzle?

woozle-wuzzle??

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

he can't say it was wrong to invite nugent, because he's not even allowed to admit that trump made a typo in a tweet

he can't say there's a difference between the two and nugent is ok but griffin is not, because he will be endlessly mocked for weeks about it and redirect the griffin story into the nugent story

so he just avoids answering the question and won't ever answer it

Oh yeah, I get that. It's just the fact that it's such a lovely excuse that gets me. Of course, in this case I don't think there were any GOOD defenses available.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

50% product penetration of the entire population would be amazing for their bottom line, honestly I hope it becomes very profitable to poo poo on Trump the more people disrespecting him the more towards the edge he will get pushed.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That still isn't really RC Cola's twitter account.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

enraged_camel posted:

Guys, I'm afraid Chimp has finally figured out a way to keep the media permanently distracted. "Covfeve" was just a test run, and judging by the way it dominated the headlines for a whole day, it was a massive success. Now all Chimp has to do is utter some random nonsense made-up word on his Shitter every night, and he's set for the rest of his term!

I don't know. I'm still not convinced that Trump's that smart. He strikes me more as a moron (possibly with early onset Alzheimer's) who, by the sheer force of his outsized personality, has managed to fail upwards. But all the "covfefe" in the world can't distract from the fact that the GOP is pushing through a bill that polls say is supported by 8% of the population*.

* Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/politics/healthcare-ahca-poll/index.html

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

socialsecurity posted:

50% product penetration of the entire population would be amazing for their bottom line, honestly I hope it becomes very profitable to poo poo on Trump the more people disrespecting him the more towards the edge he will get pushed.

Just for this im going to buy an RC cola tonight.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Part of me kind of wants to see Trump descend into full senility and poo poo himself in public, just to see how they spin it.

"You all saw it," an incredulous Sean Spicer said at the daily White House press conference, "But you're only presenting it in a negative light. Did the President defecate himself? Yes, but it was only done to establish dominance over the Italian president through a combination of sensory overload and confusion. He knew what he was doing."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

socialsecurity posted:

I'd be surprised if even 5% of the country drank RC Cola.

• Locked thread