Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Looks like with enough SKS, WAR might be able to fit Upheaval into the Berserk/Release combo.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

sword_man.gif posted:

so you can tell that ast who thinks it's funny to drop enhanced arrows on monks to go to hell

Drak, is that you?

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Stormgale posted:

The monk potency decrease if offset by the more charka somewhat right?

You get 30% of your crits as Chakra which means if you get 1 FC per minute thats about 8 Potency per GCD (assuming a 2 second GCD)

And 1 potency per second from shoulder tackle being stronger.

Also from the footage it looks like the proc chance is higher than 30%.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
man RDM sounds okay, but SAM sounds like that good good. RDM seems to have basically zero AoE presence compared to other DPS once you use their oGCD unless the currently unknown melee skill has a super high potency or something. SAM, on the other hand, has an actual AoE rotation plus huge burst. it's like the melee BLM. arghhhhhh i want to play it but everyone i know is playing melee already

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also I was really hoping the MCH 6-potency flamethrower was real and it just ticked insanely fast so it created a cloud of damage numbers. oh well.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
RDM: "I bring powerful group buffs, as well as significant utility in the form of instant healing and rezzing."
SAM: "gently caress You, Pay Me"

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Am I missing something about DRK or is it more resource complex than the other tanks by far now?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
AoE damage is down across the board overall. No one has a spammable AoE potency over 130 without some additional cost being tied to it, either via a gauge, proc, or having it's damage scale inversely with targets etc.

So yeah, looks like they really don't like multi-pack pulling unless said packs are specifically 'tons of weak mooks' style :v:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

nuru posted:

Am I missing something about DRK or is it more resource complex than the other tanks by far now?

it absolutely is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

EponymousMrYar posted:

AoE damage is down across the board overall. No one has a spammable AoE potency over 130 without some additional cost being tied to it, either via a gauge, proc, or having it's damage scale inversely with targets etc.

So yeah, looks like they really don't like multi-pack pulling unless said packs are specifically 'tons of weak mooks' style :v:

You say that but as far as I can tell BLM still keeps its core AoE set plus now it gets Thunder IV (with THundercloud procs) and a 650 potency AoE nuke every 30 seconds.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

nuru posted:

at least darkside doesn't actively drain mp now so mp is just a static bar rather than fluctuating

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

VHGS posted:

And 1 potency per second from shoulder tackle being stronger.

Also from the footage it looks like the proc chance is higher than 30%.

The Tooltip I saw said 30 of weapon skills so thats what I used, I didn't want to do the math of a 60 second rotation + IR

So if you have a 2 second GCD you make 30 attacks a minute 1/4 of those under IR so my monk has an average crit rate of 28% according to dervy, 30 * 0.28 *0.3 = 2.5 chakra a minute

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't wait for "they nerfed AOE so it's bad now" to be the new duty finder excuse.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Right so out of boredom I theorycrafted how to set up cross hotbars for Red Mage because it looks fun darn it and It's going to make me play a DPS through through SB. :mad:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

And word on whether grit is still on global?

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I was sort of hoping they would somehow reconnect the old cities together now that the PS3s are being booted out and they looked like they were originally connected anyway, but I guess it's only the new city that's set up in a single loading area.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Countblanc posted:

You say that but as far as I can tell BLM still keeps its core AoE set plus now it gets Thunder IV (with THundercloud procs) and a 650 potency AoE nuke every 30 seconds.
Fire 2's down to 80 potency which puts them around 144 potency in astral 3 so I was off by 14 potency :v:

Also MNK, despite losing a bunch of potency in their single target skills didn't lose any from their AoE so they can still do some pretty decent Burst AoE.
Also also SAM has a freaking 800/600/400 potency Doom Spike ability.

AoE burst is better than ever but the sustain is way way down to compensate.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 31, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Out of curiosity: For all the discussions of the damage changes, are they taking into account the mini-crit thing or no?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Shirk is going to be the new trolling ability, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Rescue.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, synced Bard is gonna suck with no dots.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SirPhoebos posted:

Shirk seems awesome in tank swap fights.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Out of curiosity: For all the discussions of the damage changes, are they taking into account the mini-crit thing or no?

No one's crunched any hard numbers on direct hit since there's no point to doing so until we get the final version. Similarly taking the final potency values of things is probably a bad idea since they can be changed as well but you can still gain some general info on trends by looking at them.

Arist posted:

Venomous Bite and Windbite are still the same as ever :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, they upgrade, okay. That explains why they were missing in that video I saw.

e: but Iron Jaws seems way worse now that the initial potency of those dots got buffed

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also it's insane RDM don't get Dia. I mean Come On.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Arist posted:

Oh, they upgrade, okay. That explains why they were missing in that video I saw.

e: but Iron Jaws seems way worse now that the initial potency of those dots got buffed

Iron Jaws still does in one GCD what it would take two to do otherwise.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah but before it was at least equal to Venomous Bite, now even Storm Bite does more initial potency. It's completely irrational to care about this, because you're totally right, it's just weird to me.

When cast times are gone reapplying will be less of an issue anyway.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So does DRG actually have anything tricky going on anymore that I'm missing? As far as I can tell, with the Geirskogul change BotD is trivial to keep up and there isn't really anything exciting going on to replace it

Maybe I'm underestimating how tricky the sheer volume of off-GCDs will be but this looks even easier than the ARR rotation. Maybe it'll end up super slick with all the cooldowns and buff durations lining up perfectly, that was one of the things that made the ARR rotation great and was lost in Heavensward

e: I am finally gonna have to stop using spineshatter dive as the tank pulls so I guess it's good that I'll be forced to kick that bad habit

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Oh hell yes, Inner Beast and Fell Cleave are now one-button that change depending on your stance (ditto for Steel Cyclone/Decimate).

and Scholar gets a one-button Ruin/Broil/Broil 2 depending on level you are currently at.

I'm so glad they are doing these QoL button improvements. :kiddo:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

So does DRG actually have anything tricky going on anymore that I'm missing? As far as I can tell, with the Geirskogul change BotD is trivial to keep up and there isn't really anything exciting going on to replace it

Maybe I'm underestimating how tricky the sheer volume of off-GCDs will be but this looks even easier than the ARR rotation. Maybe it'll end up super slick with all the cooldowns and buff durations lining up perfectly, that was one of the things that made the ARR rotation great and was lost in Heavensward

e: I am finally gonna have to stop using spineshatter dive as the tank pulls so I guess it's good that I'll be forced to kick that bad habit

BOTD is going to be really easy, the main 'tricky' thing will be DRG's new tether buff, Dragon Sight. The party member the DRG is tethered to gets half the damage boost than the DRG but they both have to stay within 6 yalms to get that boost.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 31, 2017

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

EponymousMrYar posted:

BOTD is going to be really easy, the main 'tricky' thing will be DRG's new tether buff, Dragon Sight. The party member the DRG is tethered to gets half the damage boost than the DRG but they both have to stay within 6 yalms to get that boost.

Hahaha yeah doing exdr with a ranged dps is gonna be real fun.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So all the rolling tank mitigation effects are all gone, huh? Tankbusters and outgoing raid damage has to all be sniped? Can't say I disapprove, I've basically been doing that for two games with Inner Beast, but Path's 10% was always nice for helping marginal healing groups over the line.

Speaking of healing... where the heck did Bloodbath go?

Arist posted:

Bard still has Windbite and Venomous Bite, it's just that they get upgraded to better versions of themselves at 64.

And thank god, because one of the problems I had with BRD during HW was having to Iron Jaws so drat often.

edit: Welp, thread moving fast.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 31, 2017

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Me: Can't wait to deal 40 unaspected damage over time for 18 seconds and 35 unaspected damage over time for 30 seconds in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Heavensward: Stormblood.

Colossal idiot Yoshida:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVxO12qXZkQ

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
BLM stole the aoe and samurai stole the potency.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Do dot's in this game snapshot on cast or adapt each tick?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stormgale posted:

Do dot's in this game snapshot on cast or adapt each tick?

On cast.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
They snapshot.

Is with the bane nerf BLM top of the aoe poo poo mountain again now?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
What's the lore behind all the RDM stuff being Ver_____ spells?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

on cast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

What's the lore behind all the RDM stuff being Ver_____ spells?

short for 'very'

• Locked thread