Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

TACD posted:

When this election was called the Tories were going to walk away with a historic majority. If they only come away with small gains it'll be a massive embarrassment. If they lose seats it'll be an enormous victory for Labour and a vindication of Corbyn as leader.

No. A Labour government would be an enormous victory and a vindication of Corbyn as leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Party Boat posted:

This feels like desperation from the Sun, and I think it reflects worse on May than anyone else.

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/870005670661304320

Why did you have to tell me this? Now I feel like a poo poo for jeering at her all the way through.

ICE cold of Theresa May to send her out there when her dad's just died though.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

It was always more important for Corbyn not to gently caress up than to set the stage on fire. The biggest story is still May being a coward. Considering Labour could have started to lose momentum a bit in the past few days this was absolutely just what we needed to keep the pressure up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The money is different colours according to value but you can use any of it to buy the gasworks, stations, etc as long as you meet the value. And, having bought them, straight away you start loving people through owning it, whereas before everyone could land there and be fine.

Also much like real life you make a lot of money institutionalizing crime by making people go bankrupt after they leave jail.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

jabby posted:

It was always more important for Corbyn not to gently caress up than to set the stage on fire. The biggest story is still May being a coward. Considering Labour could have started to lose momentum a bit in the past few days this was absolutely just what we needed to keep the pressure up.

her reaction earlier and the amber rudd news really hammers the "coward" for me, this could be a bacon sandwich moment

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

jabby posted:

One way or another it narrows the gap.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Worth pointing out for those few who don't know that Monopoly was invented by a woman (a teacher iirc) specifically to illustrate how hosed up capitalism is.
She was swindled by the game company and never paid properly for her work, which is darkly funny and also sickening.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Spangly A posted:

her reaction earlier and the amber rudd news really hammers the "coward" for me, this could be a bacon sandwich moment

In a just world, but I imagine the papers will completely ignore it.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Oberleutnant posted:

Worth pointing out for those few who don't know that Monopoly was invented by a woman (a teacher iirc) specifically to illustrate how hosed up capitalism is.
She was swindled by the game company and never paid properly for her work, which is darkly funny and also sickening.

The system works! Also if you pass on buying a property it goes up for auction.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Oh my lord

https://twitter.com/DavidPrescott/status/870013957540429824

https://twitter.com/DavidPrescott/status/870015114518429696

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Did May give a reason for no-showing? Her earlier snipe against Corbyn made it sound like she was planning to sit in a dark room for an hour to calculate the many facets of brexit like a loving current day mentat, but I somehow doubt that's it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hell has official frozen over. We're in an alternate timeline where nothing makes sense anymore:
https://twitter.com/hilarybennmp/status/870016608399314944

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
Even if nobody changes their mind due to the debate Corbyn doing it meant that Labour were able to control the media narrative of the day yet again and prevent the news leading with whatever the Tories wanted to talk about (Labour's secret plan to import 50 billions muslims or whatever it was in the papers today).

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Labour has got to have planned this. I dunno who Corbyn's new campaign strategist is, but he seems to be a good egg.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:flashfap:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

Labour has got to have planned this. I dunno who Corbyn's new campaign strategist is, but he seems to be a good egg.

James Schneider. Oxford kid from infinite money who could have had any job he wanted but decided to be a Momentum activist instead.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Regardless of what was said at the debate people are going to remember for a long time that Theresa May didn't show up and that she sent a lackey in her stead.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

James Schneider. Oxford kid from infinite money who could have had any job he wanted but decided to be a Momentum activist instead.

Now that's the kind of class treason I can get behind.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Oberleutnant posted:

although it really does make the perfect allegory for capitalism :(

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

Now that's the kind of class treason I can get behind.

Here's a terrible daily mail article if you want to read a bit more about him taking over

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Didn't fancy this one, anything noteworthy happen?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Hoops posted:

Tories nearly getting laughed off the stage for the second time in two days.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Daily reminder that 50% of Mitchell & Webb are cunts

https://twitter.com/arobertwebb/status/870018895419121665

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Damian Green is a oval office

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Not Operator posted:

Did May give a reason for no-showing? Her earlier snipe against Corbyn made it sound like she was planning to sit in a dark room for an hour to calculate the many facets of brexit like a loving current day mentat, but I somehow doubt that's it.

She's busy being strong and stable.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

TheRat posted:

loving hell. What a oval office.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do wonder how they manage to work together.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hoops posted:

Not a drat thing.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
You can call peace-y talk-y let's play nicey foreign policy a lot of things but immoral seems a strange one.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Hoops posted:

Corbyn had a minor stumble over his words at one point that'll inevitably be latched on by the typical shitgoblins.

Nuttall got dunked on by everyone, though I'm afraid his constant derailing distracted from everyone laying into the Tories as hard as they should have.

Farron almost came off as likable (for a Neoliberal Homophobic Shitweasel).

Corbyn, Greens and SNP had the best showing. Tories, UKIP and Plaid were shambles.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

You can call peace-y talk-y let's play nicey foreign policy a lot of things but immoral seems a strange one.

Remember when Webb had a late-night meltdown on twitter about how he worked bloody hard at Cambridge so he didn't have to sweep streets? The man is a daft oval office

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TheRat posted:

Isn't the other 50% bad for some reason too, Stephen Fry style privileged liberalism or something?

Not sure what about Corbyn's foreign policy is 'immoral' when he's up against people whose foreign policy is that selling weapons to the Saudis to do war crimes is good for industry.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Oberleutnant posted:

Also, it's only half of the game, which is why it's so loving awful to play. There's supposed to be a second stage where owning property and money is disadvantageous and the tension is surviving the capitalist stage without snowballing so much you lose in the second (which is religiously themed, iirc?)

Monopoly games take forever despite often being "finished" very early after a player gets an insurmountable lead for this reason. They didn't just steal it, they did so in a way that both ruined the intention and the gameplay.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

TheRat posted:

Remember when Webb had a late-night meltdown on twitter about how he worked bloody hard at Cambridge so he didn't have to sweep streets? The man is a daft oval office

Fortunately thanks to modern graduate prospects you can now do both!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Isn't the other 50% bad for some reason too, Stephen Fry style privileged liberalism or something?

Not sure what about Corbyn's foreign policy is 'immoral' when he's up against people whose foreign policy is that selling weapons to the Saudis to do war crimes is good for industry.

Fight me. David Mitchell is the best thing to happen to this hosed up planet in a long long time. Exhibit A:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2q-Csk-ktc

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

TheRat posted:

He's not wrong is he?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CoolCab posted:

Also, it's only half of the game, which is why it's so loving awful to play. There's supposed to be a second stage where owning property and money is disadvantageous and the tension is surviving the capitalist stage without snowballing so much you lose in the second (which is religiously themed, iirc?)

Monopoly games take forever despite often being "finished" very early after a player gets an insurmountable lead for this reason. They didn't just steal it, they did so in a way that both ruined the intention and the gameplay.

One might argue that the agonizing tedium is good at making you hate capitalism.

hakimashou posted:

He's not wrong is he?

He is.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hakimashou posted:

He's not wrong is he?

He is.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

SteelMentor posted:

Nuttall got dunked on by everyone, though I'm afraid his constant derailing distracted from everyone laying into the Tories as hard as they should have.

Nuttall got a massive round of applause for pointing out the islamic elephant in the room. I disagree with him about it entirely but the current liberal rhetoric on islamic extremists obviously isn't doing the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I wish that Leanne Wood would read me a bedtime story in her soft, lovely voice.

• Locked thread