Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

CompeAnansi posted:

Some people in this thread have no sense of humor (and bad taste in tanks), so I generally assume people are being serious unless it's obviously sarcasm. Otherwise, I'd have to assume it's sarcasm every time someone says they like arty, or the m3 lee.

I don't like the Lee, but I like that top guns felt compelled to me when I was in it. I guess it's that sicknasty dpm that's the only attraction means that if people don't treat you like the first target you can really clean up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

A friend of mine got ambushed by a 4 medium tank wolfpack in the Lee once, at melee ranges. Somehow he managed to beat all 4 of them through crazy RNG luck, panicked manuvering, the gun's reasonable DPM at close range and apparently his opponents' total (usually fair) disregard for the Lee. I'm still not sure how he did it, and hell, he's not sure how he did it, but he survived and killed all 4 of them by himself. I saw the replay, but it was back like 8-10 major patches ago, possibly longer.

I do recall the last one to die said "Did we just get rolled by a Lee?"

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The Lee's DPM is better than reasonable, unless you're comparing to TDs, in which case it is on par for the tier, despite having a wad more HP.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

speaking of good DPM

I just got the AT 15 and I love it!

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
whats the goons info these days? the private forum is archived and I haven't played in a while. Just decided to buy a month of premium and would like some of my old friends to platoon with :)

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Nitramster posted:

whats the goons info these days? the private forum is archived and I haven't played in a while. Just decided to buy a month of premium and would like some of my old friends to platoon with :)

dead

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

CompeAnansi posted:

Some people in this thread have no sense of humor (and bad taste in tanks), so I generally assume people are being serious unless it's obviously sarcasm. Otherwise, I'd have to assume it's sarcasm every time someone says they like arty, or the m3 lee.

:colbert:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
You have a problem. I do not believe it can be solved with more cowbell.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Is there no goon presence at all anymore? Not even a chatbox in game or the irc channel?

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
with no way to chat to the reds, the goon purpose in WOT is greatly diminished.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Counterpoints: your user name, av and text :anime:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Nitramster posted:

Is there no goon presence at all anymore? Not even a chatbox in game or the irc channel?

There's usually a Goons chat channel, but it doesn't get used that frequently these days. Either that or Discord (or clanchat, if you join Pansy) will get you platoons. Maybe.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

A Handed Missus posted:

speaking of good DPM

I just got the AT 15 and I love it!

AT15 and the tort are actually fun tanks, their main problem is their giant loving cupolas and weak armor on the driver side. You used to be able to push hard with the tortoise as long as nobody knew how to aim.
I remember there being a premium version of the AT15 (AT15A?) as well, not sure how good that one fares with current patches.

And go me, completed SPG-15 for that T28 Proto thingie in my Conq GC, on a horrible loss obviously.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tahirovic posted:

AT15 and the tort are actually fun tanks, their main problem is their giant loving cupolas and weak armor on the driver side. You used to be able to push hard with the tortoise as long as nobody knew how to aim.
I remember there being a premium version of the AT15 (AT15A?) as well, not sure how good that one fares with current patches.

And go me, completed SPG-15 for that T28 Proto thingie in my Conq GC, on a horrible loss obviously.

They are putting the Patriot and Skorpian back on sale.

Great.

Fake Edit: Is the Skorp with it even if I have a Rhombus?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Can you change the desert camo on the skorpion g?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Mesadoram posted:

They are putting the Patriot and Skorpian back on sale.

Great.

Fake Edit: Is the Skorp with it even if I have a Rhombus?

Well, yeah. The only recent premium tank that they acknowledge as being slightly OP is the Defender. The Patriot, Liberte, and Skorp G are just fine in their eyes and I imagine they will continue to sell them semi-regularly.

The Skorp G shouldn't really be thought of (or played) as a TD, though. I think of it more like a Leo PTA with more alpha and less HP, as it requires similar gameplay.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MariusLecter posted:

Can you change the desert camo on the skorpion g?

Nope. The camo rating is horrid. Without a net and concealment trained crew you'll be spotted all the loving time unless you hide well out if view range. Even with binocs your view range sucks too. Basically the only things it has going for it are the gun and speed

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:staredog:

good for u I guess!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Is there any difference between the normal T26E5 and the Patriot?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Gaudy paint job (which counts as camo?)

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Taerkar posted:

Is there any difference between the normal T26E5 and the Patriot?

You can put regular camo on the normal T26E5 if you hate freedom and don't want to say Trump sends his regards to your enemies! There used to be a weaker point on the patriot turret, but I think that is addressed now. If you don't put camo on the T26E5, the Patriot should have slightly better camo ratings as its camo has been adjusted.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I have the regular E5 and it confuses some people because they don't see the flag scheme and forget where to shoot it.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

You have to laugh when some tryhard Skorpion G is flinging nothing but APCR around when he's top tier. Especially when none of the opposition has armour capable of standing up to the basic AP round anyway.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Chances are they're just doing it out of spite to harvest pubbie tears. A lot of people get irrationally upset about getting shot with premium ammo even when it doesn't make a practical difference.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nah, most of the people that fire nothing but gold are complete shitters.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Most of the people who play this shitfuck of a game are complete shitters. Doesn't mean goons are the only ones who appreciate the salty tears.

Besides it's not like being a shitter would exclude someone from doing it.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Taerkar posted:

I have the regular E5 and it confuses some people because they don't see the flag scheme and forget where to shoot it.

This was part of my motivation of getting the vanilla one over the Patriot. It basically just looks like a Pershing so chances are the pubs have no idea what's in store for them.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I dab the 2 key whenever I think I'm about to face one of those ratfuck invincible super-heavies. It's stupid going up against one without using gold. I've got a 70% win rate solo-pubbing in my O-Ni as evidence of this (the 30% losses were caps where I couldn't make it back in time).

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nordick posted:

Most of the people who play this shitfuck of a game are complete shitters. Doesn't mean goons are the only ones who appreciate the salty tears.

Besides it's not like being a shitter would exclude someone from doing it.

The typical reason a pubbie uses gold: My shot bounced!

I've watched people go from regular to gold rounds because they non-penned the T71 I was in.

See also: most people flinging HE.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Taerkar posted:

The typical reason a pubbie uses gold: My shot bounced!

I've watched people go from regular to gold rounds because they non-penned the T71 I was in.

See also: most people flinging HE.
This is all very true, and yet it does not refute the very distinct possibility that some people do shoot all gold just to gently caress with people.

Source: I've done it myself.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Shooting all gold when your premium round is HEAT is appropriate as it should be everyone's goal to sizzle and roast the enemy or friendly.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

You have to laugh when some tryhard Skorpion G is flinging nothing but APCR around when he's top tier. Especially when none of the opposition has armour capable of standing up to the basic AP round anyway.

I'm not saying this was necessarily their reason, but it's not crazy to do this if you are sniping from long range. The velocity of APCR is 1150 m/s vs 920 m/s for standard AP. It's a lot easier to hit long range shots with faster shells, so if money doesn't matter to you, it's better to shoot APCR (even if you don't need the extra pen).

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I'm going to shoot only gold for a week and see what difference it makes in my stats.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I normally stick to my own rule if I'm top tier in the game it's regular ammo. If I'm on bottom, we're goin' gold.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Also sometimes I will switch to gold to make sure I pen a tank but then forget to switch back and next thing you know $80,000 ammo bill.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I just finished grinding out the XP for the Object 261 and now I think I'll take a 6 year break from playing arty before I have a rage-induced stroke.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Tahirovic posted:

Yeah not a fan of the cupolas. Such a great tonk for sniping though and the wide-rear end gun traverse helps a lot when it comes to brawling.

Today I had the pleasure of killing some sucker in an ISU-152 who was shooting HE with the BL-10 :lol:

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 2, 2017

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Why shoot gold? When your 230 pen gun bounces off the side of a Jackson. :psyduck: I should have saved the replay for the complete bullshit of it.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I just blew the goddamned LT-15 mission for the Stug by getting greedy. I followed an SPG into a ditch to kill it & break the 4000dmg mark but then couldn't manoeuvre out in time before a second SPG bodyslammed me. The second SPG was lining up a TD shot on me which coaxed me after the first one into the ditch but I should have just retreated and played it safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

the trump tutelage posted:

I just blew the goddamned LT-15 mission for the Stug by getting greedy. I followed an SPG into a ditch to kill it & break the 4000dmg mark but then couldn't manoeuvre out in time before a second SPG bodyslammed me. The second SPG was lining up a TD shot on me which coaxed me after the first one into the ditch but I should have just retreated and played it safe.

Life is too short for this kinda bullshit.