Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Does anyone have a list of a good board game apps specifically for Kindle?

You can install Google Play Store very easily on Kindle Fires (I assume this is what you meant). Once you do that, you can use anything on Android.

To actually answer your question, I know the following have Android implementations:

San Juan
Mysterium
Potion Explosion
Catan
Pandemic
Ticket to Ride
Jaipur
Colt Express
Splendor

I'm sure there are more, but I don't feel like looking. Moral of the story is to install Google Play Store on your Kindle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

There's also eclipse, twilight struggle, and patchwork

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Also Terra Mystica and Race for the Galaxy

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Galaxy Trucker has the best board game phone implementation IMHO

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So a bit of a Reddit style post but over the last few months, what is your most played game and your favourite game (will give me some ideas of things to watch and maybe buy).

Castle Burgandy - still can't get enough of this. Always like to start or end the majority of our game nights with this.
War of the Ring - it's just epic

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tai posted:

So a bit of a Reddit style post but over the last few months, what is your most played game and your favourite game (will give me some ideas of things to watch and maybe buy).

Castle Burgandy - still can't get enough of this. Always like to start or end the majority of our game nights with this.

I guess we could do this.

A Feast for Odin, I've put a couple dozen plays into it since getting it late last year
Riichi Mah Jongg, whenever I get to play this live I just relax and enjoy everything

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Most played lately: Tak physical, Race for the Galaxy app

Favorites are still Kemet and Keyflower

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Tai posted:

Most played over the last few months is new Through the Ages. Yes, really. A friend of mine has gotten super into it, and it's been the staple of our sporadic game nights recently.

Unless you count online games. In which case, I've been in nonstop Food Chain Magnate games with Mister Sinewave since like January.

Favorite game is Mage Knight. My favorite generator of impossible-to-solve multi-vector optimization puzzles. Accept no substitutes.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Most Played: Well Memorial day weekend I visited the extended family and we played a bunch of Avalon and America (a trivia game by Bezier games, it's pretty good). Otherwise I've been playing First Class and Concordia a fair amount lately. Oh yeah and the weekly Gloomhaven game.

Favorites: All-time? Keyflower. I really enjoyed my play of Triumph & Tragedy a few weeks ago and want to get it back to the table asap.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 1, 2017

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Tai posted:

Most played lately: Captain Sonar, just a real fun party game to play with friends. Its neat as hell to find out all the dumb little communications people try to slip by.
Favorite: Battlecon. I'm pretty new to it compared to most goons but I don't think I'll ever get sick of all the dumbass match-ups that can happen.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tai posted:

Gloomhaven gets a lot of play. People keep buying lovely new games like Tyrants of the Underdark instead of playing good classics like Dominant Species. Welcome to the Dungeon is a popular filler, as is Mysterium.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Most Played: If we ignore MtG and Android Netrunner, my most played normal game is Carcassonne with 41 BGG logged plays
Favorite: My favorite game is probably Mage Knight. It just fires on all cylinders for me as a solo or 2 player experience, warts and all. If I have to include a game 4 players could play I would say Castles of Burgundy is among my favorite chillax'n euros.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tai posted:

most played: Sushi Go Party - fast, quick, and fun. It's a great game to play with high replayability and a perfect wind-down title.
Favorite Game this month: Viticulture. I think we've all talked about this game more than enough times and how great it is.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Most played is Command and Colors Ancients, sitting at 51 logged plays. Favorite game is probably twilight struggle with 45 logged. Many more on the app though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oh if it's all time most played is probably Seasons

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Tai posted:

Most played and favorite: Codenames. God, it's so weird to say that such a simple game is my favorite, but this game is absolutely fantastic. I love absolutely everything about it, and I am dying for the two-player version Codenames Duet to come up.

Among the weekend games, I also played One Night Ultimate Werewolf for the first time. I've read about the game, I've watched playthroughs and reviews, and I could never understand the hype. But then I played it. Wow, that was fun. That game is social deduction distilled down to its purest form. Sure, lying to your friends for 2 hours is fun, but you can also get that into a hectic ten minutes. I was pleasantly surprised.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tai posted:

Most played: Dream Home has hit the table at least six times since I got it. It's light, but smarter than it looks, and has the huge advantage that you can knock out a three player game in 15 minutes. It's the only game I own that plays in less time than the box claims.

Favourite: probably Orleans. I love The Gallerist, but I don't always want something that heavy. Orleans I could happily get on the table every few weeks for months on end, particularly with the new events and Deeds board from Handel & Intrige.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Kashuno posted:

most played: Sushi Go Party - fast, quick, and fun. It's a great game to play with high replayability and a perfect wind-down title.
Favorite Game this month: Viticulture. I think we've all talked about this game more than enough times and how great it is.

drat I forgot about this for hitting my CSI shipping threshold. Its been on my list for a while too.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Tai posted:

Roll for the galaxy - quick easy and entertaining.

Yokohama - we both like the game, plenty of options and it's new.

Energy Empire - it clicks some boxes for me but my wife is a loving beast and I haven't managed to win.

Euphoria - old but entertaining

Evolution - I like it and am teaching it to three new people this weekend.

Pandemic - with in the lab - we play it with everyone who rolls through the house and have it on the agenda for a five player game this weekend.

Eclipse - it isn't the most loved game but I really like it.

Most played ever is Netrunner

Apps - brass, colony, suburbia, ticket to ride, star realms, some others I have forgotten.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
So as part of Winsome Games's offering this year it looks like they'll have an 18xx: 1868. It's by the designer who did Baltimore & Ohio, 1857, and 1859.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Tai posted:

Gloomhaven is by far and away my most played. 2nd is tash kalar and it's not particularly close.

Gloomhaven has probably overtaken pandemic legacy as my favorite game ever. Tash kalar is seriously good.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
I'm playing disturbed friends with 8 people please help

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Tai posted:

Most Played is Agricola. Wife has loved it ever since we got it and still hasn't got enough of it after several years. I'm hoping she'll switch to A Feast for Odin when it arrives - Agricola is a little too cut throat for me. I always want to wait until a tile has gathered resources for two turns and that doesn't always work so well.

The game I had the most fun with recently was Quartz. A quick press-your-luck with just enough ability to screw the other players to keep everyone engaged and bantering.

All time favorite is Space Alert but Mage Knight and Dominion are close followers. I wish I could play all of them more often.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 1, 2017

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Most played game lifetime average: Chess
Favorite game: Agricola

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Most Played In-Person: Gloomhaven. It's a pretty consistent weekly event for me and my friends; I don't know that I'd be able to get them together for just a weekly board game day, but everyone makes time for Gloomhaven.

Most Played Online: I've taken to just jamming games of Onirim when I have a free moment. The Glyphs expansion came out recently; I find that the tools it gives you are more valuable than the additional challenge of extra doors. Slowly climbing up to a 50% lifetime winrate after tanking things early on.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

I play Dominion online every day and if someone wanted to play the physical game, I'd say yes in a second.

But my favorite is Kemet, since I can't choose "all the COIN games". Most played over the past year (including both solo and against others) would probably be Scythe.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

LLSix posted:

Most Played is Agricola. Wife has loved it ever since we got it and still hasn't got enough of it after several years. I'm hoping she'll switch to A Feast for Odin when it arrives - Agricola is a little too cut throat for me. I always want to wait until a tile has gathered resources for two turns and that doesn't always work so well.

Do you guys play with the base deck or have you expanded?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dominion, no contest. Mostly in person though, I don't necessarily love the online version. Netrunner is a close second.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

T-Bone posted:

So as part of Winsome Games's offering this year it looks like they'll have an 18xx: 1868. It's by the designer who did Baltimore & Ohio, 1857, and 1859.

Winsome is an odd duck. I wonder if they make any money at all?

Barono
May 6, 2007

Rich in irony and most satirical
I'm kinda weird in that my most played game (100+ plays) is probably Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition. Probably because I used to live 5 minutes from FFG HQ and their event center has a weekly game and that was my default nothing better to do Saturday activity. We'd commonly play 2 games of it.

Favorites are probably Twilight Imperium, Gloomhaven, Archipelago, Keyflower, Millennium Blades, and Duel of Ages II.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Most played: Gloomhaven, not even a contest lately. Possible that all time is still Sentinels of the Multiverse since we've done at least one run of almost every villain and there are quite a few. But that's tabled til OblivAeon hits, whereas Gloomhaven is basically every week and early on, multiple times a week.

Favorite? Probably Gloomhaven at this point. It's just incredibly satisfying and absorbing and startlingly well designed. Before that hit, probably Mage Knight, with honorable mentions for Sentinels, Race for the Galaxy, Arkham Horror (I've played Eldritch but don't actually like it quite as well), Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, Pandemic Legacy, and Tales of the Arabian Nights. I'd probably also cite things like Argent: The Consortium, Darkest Night, and The Gallerist/Vinhos Deluxe if I'd had more opportunity to play them, but I can't be sure.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Most played is a tie between pandemic legacy and eclipse with expansions. Favorite game is mage knight, because I'm lonely and solo play is really good.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I don't play as regularly as I used to but most played was Food Chain Magnate. Favourite game is still Napoleon's Triumph.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
My most played game recently has probably been Stephenson's Rocket, which is getting a reprint this year. Probably unseats T&E as my favorite Knizia. I've also been playing a lot of 18xx in the past six months, mostly split between 22, 30, 46, 60 and 80. Most recent were OE, NY and 31.

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Looks like a digital version of Flashpoint: Fire Rescue is getting crowdfunded: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/flash-point-fire-rescue

I have to confess that I own a copy of the board game and I have yet to get it to the table. :shobon:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's not great, but it's a decent first co-op game and the easier mode is great for younger kids and/or super casual gamers.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Due to it being my wifes favorite my currently most played game is Pandemic.

My favorite atm is Mage Knight.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Someone has reskinned Scythe with My Little Pony. Kill yourselves, we're done with this planet.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Jedit posted:

Someone has reskinned Scythe with My Little Pony. Kill yourselves, we're done with this planet.

Someone reskinning and simplifying a game for their six year old daughter doesn't really seem like something to kill yourself over. It'd be different if it were a brony thing.

I'd be all over a streamlined Skylanders Gloomhaven that my kid could play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I am not surprised, I mean if you think about it, the official MLP versions of Monopoly or Game of Life were bound to be gateway games...