Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

oldskool posted:

Wait for RK to wake up and fix whatever's broken. He lives in Japan IIRC and it's 4:30am there.

Duly noted. I'm a little overexcited; this is my first Fiesta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the fiesta proper doesn't start for two weeks anyways
this is just for preregistration
the event proper will (unless somethings changed) start with a streamed race under fiesta rules (with the team comp being a donation incentive)

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

RME posted:

is there a way to get the fiesta patch with sound restoration, or should i just use sound resto and unlock the jobs other ways

Yes, apply Fiesta patch first, then the sound restoration patch. If someone wants a combined patch for this, let me know.

(Would be lovely if someone made a patch that added !Red Lv4...)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Duly noted. I'm a little overexcited; this is my first Fiesta.

Waiting for RK to wake up is a time-honored tradition, one you will come to know and love and :argh: at when you want to start a new run but need RK to verify your #Victory not that I ever did that last one

Rebelle Winter
Jun 21, 2015

RME posted:

the event proper will (unless somethings changed) start with a streamed race under fiesta rules (with the team comp being a donation incentive)

Watching Dragondarch race is the best part of the fiesta.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Rebelle Winter posted:

Watching Dragondarch race is the best part of the fiesta.

Was, anyway. But it's better to go out at your peak than to risk the mediocrity of competence.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Reminder to join the Discord while we wait.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Aerdan posted:

Yes, apply Fiesta patch first, then the sound restoration patch. If someone wants a combined patch for this, let me know.

(Would be lovely if someone made a patch that added !Red Lv4...)

And here's the combined Fiesta + Sound Restoration patch. If an IPS patch is preferable, let me know.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Colorspray posted:

This always looked fun and I never participated before, so I'm in.

However...

I wanted to pay for a legit copy and grabbed the psx version on vita in preparation. Apparently, this was a mistake - but how big of one was it?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Oh my god. No.

Hell, you already paid for a legit copy. Got a GBA? I think the cart I bought off eBay two years ago for the exact same reason as you is secretly a well-made counterfeit (quicksave doesn't work but everything else does) but I can't see a physical difference between it and the new one I've bought (which quicksave works on) and I was gonna get rid of it for a song anyway. Might as well save you from PSX rather than trying to get :10bux: out of it. PM me a mailing address.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
PREREG IS UP NOW, GET IN THERE

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

PREREG IS UP NOW, GET IN THERE

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/870026362563817473

:getin:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/870026361448132611

#fifthjob doesn't look too interesting to me.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Same settings I am running for my first run. Should be fun.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not gonna No750 again after last year, so just went Chaos Risk!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

What's the difference between Chaos and Pure Chaos?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Went pure chaos/fifth job/RISK. I am ready for 3 berserkers and a Mime.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Went with Chaos Risk cause theres the tiny chance I get 4 zerks. LETS ROLL.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

XavierGenisi posted:

What's the difference between Chaos and Pure Chaos?

No duplicates (e: aside from berserker risk), and chance of Freelancer/Mime.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Registered Pure Chaos with Zerks. Definitely go pure with Berserker Risk so you don't end up like me last year: Red-Zerk-Red-Dancer

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Greetings, Fiesta-havers, I've started a small project to make this year's Fiesta extra spicy! It's about 60% done, but I just finished coding one of the more complex pieces, so here's a preview:

Rebelle Winter
Jun 21, 2015
Well I'm all good and registered, now for the agonising wait.
I wonder if this is the first year I don't get Mystic Knight, I've gotten it every time since 2013.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just going #PureChaos. #Fifthjob seems dumb without the proper circumstances, and would rather have Zerkers be a pleasant surprise rather than be forced with one (plus I've put my time in with Zerkers).

Can Of Worms posted:

Greetings, Fiesta-havers, I've started a small project to make this year's Fiesta extra spicy! It's about 60% done, but I just finished coding one of the more complex pieces, so here's a preview:

I am excited.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/870038399016620033

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I went with popular!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Went popular with ZERKRISK

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
750 ZERKER RISK

Gonna start this one with a bang (compared to my last fiestas)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Voted Thief/Zerk/Geo/Dragoon. Let's go. :getin:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Going for a 750 run because my last run had no magic and I wanna play with magic. It'll likely be my only run so no risk.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I voted Monk/Zerk/Geo/Dragoon myself.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dragonatrix posted:

Voted Thief/Zerk/Geo/Dragoon. Let's go. :getin:

While suffering is an admirable goal, do you really want the fiesta starting contingent on mage masher reflecting?

Go Thief/Time (or Red)/Beastmaster/Dancer. Make them suffer on NED instead.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I went with pure chaos with the fifth class. I always have bad luck with the fourth class, so who knows I might get something halfway decent when Krile takes over.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Voted Thief/Zerk/Geo/Dancer.

I wish for only pain because the run normally finishes when I go to bed, instead of when I get up :woop:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Random Zerk Risk for me. First run's gonna be on SNES. Will Triple Crown if cards align properly.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Popular definitely seems like it would be fun; I'm probably going to put it off for a second run (which I will complete this year! Finally!) Registered PureChaos this year.

Re: Version differences, Mobile/Steam version is only really terrible if a) the graphics are aggressively offensive to you, and/or b) Triple Crowning is important to you. Personally I have no issues with the graphics (there are obvious technical issues if you squint at screenshots but it generally looks fine when it's in motion) and I actually like the monster sprites better in this version. Most of the gameplay changes are fixes to exploits that are generally only relevant to killing Omega (Omniscient is the other big one, but virtually every party that needs/wants to kill Omni still can fairly easily). Granted, that's not nothing, but there's a lot of hyperbolic hatred that it doesn't really deserve. At its worst it's still miles better than the PSX version. Hilariously awful translation notwithstanding.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

While suffering is an admirable goal, do you really want the fiesta starting contingent on mage masher reflecting?

Go Thief/Time (or Red)/Beastmaster/Dancer. Make them suffer on NED instead.

I voted similar to this, thief/time/ninja/dancer.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Procedural question: I play on iOS and thus don't have a mod. What do I do if I get a Fire or Earth job at the Wind Crystal and then a Water (or Wind) job at Water? Do I run all four as the Water Crystal job?

Example: I roll Dragoon-Berserker-Dancer-Chemist. Am I Quadzerking through Ronka, or do I consider my first and third jobs to be Freelancer until I get the real jobs?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

OzFactor posted:

Procedural question: I play on iOS and thus don't have a mod. What do I do if I get a Fire or Earth job at the Wind Crystal and then a Water (or Wind) job at Water? Do I run all four as the Water Crystal job?

Example: I roll Dragoon-Berserker-Dancer-Chemist. Am I Quadzerking through Ronka, or do I consider my first and third jobs to be Freelancer until I get the real jobs?

If you don't have access to a job, you run with the jobs you have access to (or freelancer if none are available).

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

You get to have :airquote:fun:airquote: quadzerking from water through Ronka.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Voted thief/time/geo/dragoon. Wanna inflict some pain but give them enough to get through it in a decent time frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Quadzerk. Have fun with the sandworm!

Probably going to do a few this year but with my baby not going towards last years' 30 TCs. Also #chaos for life.

• Locked thread