Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Somehow I think Cameron Mitchell would be a better choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

NewFatMike posted:

What the gently caress.

Stolen from Reddit:

So, I know I grew up with much better than average food, but please tell me it's not normal for people to actually think poo poo like this is good food.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

LogicalFallacy posted:

So, I know I grew up with much better than average food, but please tell me it's not normal for people to actually think poo poo like this is good food.

I just envy their love, my gf and I have a good thing but drat if that wouldn't get a cold reception

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Guys....it's clear that the parent is just praising their son who's (probably, hopefully) still a kid. Parents love to overexagerate about their children's accomplishments. You guys sure for love to get up in arms over nothing, huh?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Julias posted:

Guys....it's clear that the parent is just praising their son who's (probably, hopefully) still a kid. Parents love to overexagerate about their children's accomplishments. You guys sure for love to get up in arms over nothing, huh?

:goonsay:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StNAGKjJjLY

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Honestly a lot of those look fine but

This is fuckin' gross. Ugh, those noodles.

I was about to tell you that those are just small pastries, but then i realized the part of the picture you were talking about :stonk:

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
I'll take food that is loving delicious and squeamish people are missing out on for 100

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Underwater Shoe posted:

I'll take food that is loving delicious and squeamish people are missing out on for 100

Wrong thread friendo

I especially want to get that paella(?) in and around my mouth

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Underwater Shoe posted:

All of this is objectively good and good-looking, and everyone would happily cram it down their foodholes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bloom posted:

All of this is objectively good and good-looking, and everyone would happily cram it down their foodholes.

That last one has a pepper in it. It'll get pepper scent on everything. I'm not touching it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Underwater Shoe posted:

What sucks for me is that those things look really good but the texture of invertebrate meat is just disappointing every time.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

What sucks for me is that those things look really good but the texture of invertebrate meat is just disappointing every time.
Octopedes aren't invertebrates though.

durr i am smrt. exoskeletons and invertebrates aren't related.

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 22:30 on May 31, 2017

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

B-but they are...? :confused:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:eng101: cephalopods technically but they are invertebrates friend

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

UNIQUE ARTIFACT OBTAINED: OCTOPUS SPINE

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elizabethan Error posted:

Octopedes aren't invertebrates though.

What.

All molluscs lack a backbone, and thus are invertebrates.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

whiteyfats posted:

What.

All molluscs lack a backbone, and thus are invertebrates.
:f5h: :f5:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:smithicide:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
More importantly invertebrates have many different textures and they are all good*

*except insects and other land-dwelling arthropods

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If you don't like the texture of a good sea scallop you under some sort of terrible curse

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

This, but raw, was one of the courses at a very high end and pricey ryokan that I stayed at in Japan and I couldn't eat it :( I tried but I'm not the biggest fan of fishy flavours to begin with so adding in the slimy texture was too much. Raw sea urchin was the other course I couldn't eat there.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The Bloop posted:

If you don't like the texture of a good sea scallop you under some sort of terrible curse

Absolutely agreed.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
much like my old av said animals can be both friends AND food. especially mollusk based life forms

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

bike tory posted:

This, but raw, was one of the courses at a very high end and pricey ryokan that I stayed at in Japan and I couldn't eat it :( I tried but I'm not the biggest fan of fishy flavours to begin with so adding in the slimy texture was too much. Raw sea urchin was the other course I couldn't eat there.

Sea urchin tastes like sandy saltwater, I can never understand how it's at all popular

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Xen Tricks posted:

Sea urchin tastes like sandy saltwater, I can never understand how it's at all popular

Sandy salt water that they cut out of a living throwing star.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Xen Tricks posted:

It varies wildly. Out of season and from bad water it's super gross but in season and a nice area it's great. I've had a lot of good uni in Japan but other places have been disappointing.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

It varies wildly. Out of season and from bad water it's super gross but in season and a nice area it's great. I've had a lot of good uni in Japan but other places have been disappointing.

What's the flavor of good uni?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Xen Tricks posted:

Sandy salt water, but in a good way.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

PubicMice posted:

like an oyster.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

PubicMice posted:

It's because it's the genitalia, isn't it?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ceciltron posted:

like an oyster.

He was a bold desperate man that first ate an oyster.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Ceciltron posted:

like an oyster.

Oyster is more, uh, semi meaty slime ball. Idk how you would actually put the texture/taste of ouster but it's not urchin and also it's the best food

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

It's because it's the genitalia, isn't it?

the gonads technically, but yes. yes it is.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Xen Tricks posted:

Fatty, oceany but not bitter and gross like it is out of season.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Not really seeing anything wrong here

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

drrockso20 posted:

Not really seeing anything wrong here

they look like crappy oven chips I guess :shrug:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010